Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Last Jedi "Actual" Rotten Tomatoes Popcorn Score

I never look at Rotten Tomatoes. Now I know I never will, thanks to this video. I'm sure some of you already know about what is discussed in the video regarding RT's rating system, but this was new to me. BTW, there's some NSFW language toward the end of the video...

I know nothing about how Rotten Tomatoes' system works, but I do know I'm not about to take a flat-earth youtuber's word for it...

I didn’t find it all bad. Visually it was the best one yet. Musical Score was strong as usual. Plot was disjointed and story was trash that didn’t seem to follow any rules of the franchise or build on story lines set up by TFA. But I’d watch it again for free.

More OT - maybe it’s just me but I’ve never been influenced to watch or not watch a movie (especially a blockbuster as big as this) by either critics or fan reviews. Which is a long version of “who actually cares what the score is on RT”? Isn’t it just a tool people show to validate their views? Both ways - “ see told this sucks the scores are bad” or “ this movie is a masterpiece , look at the scores”
    Last edited by Kapadons; 2018-04-05 at 05:10 AM.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

It's really no secret that many of the critics on RT are unreliable and tend to rate movies based on what they think people want to hear, vs. the actual quality of the movie.

There's no way in hell Black Panther deserved a 97% like it was leagues above every other similar Marvel origin movie they cranked out. In my experience, the audience scoring is a much more reliable scale of a movie's rating.

I actually liked it better than TFA

People trash it cause the plot threads like snoke and Reys parents was explained and was disappointing but who is to say those was not red herrings?

The action was good and though i see its problems it isnt as bad as a new hope AKA The Force Awakens!

kay? who cares? you either like the movie or you don't, you can either pay money to see it or don't. not much to really discuss here other than: "LOL, of course you follow that YouTube channel..."

I wasn't a fan of The Last Jedi. It was recently released on Blu Ray down under and I have no desire to add this movie to my collection. It will be interesting to see how home video sales compare to previous releases, such as Rogue One (which I really liked).
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It's really no secret that many of the critics on RT are unreliable and tend to rate movies based on what they think people want to hear, vs. the actual quality of the movie.

There's no way in hell Black Panther deserved a 97% like it was leagues above every other similar Marvel origin movie they cranked out. In my experience, the audience scoring is a much more reliable scale of a movie's rating.
    His video is talking about the audience score, though. And when the argument is "it's being downvoted by butthurt fanboys who didn't get the proper wish-fulfillment in the movie" reading off a litany of 0.5/10 ratings doesn't exactly go very far towards disproving that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Flat earther promoting a flat earth channels video about a shitty movie site that ends in a awful gender rant.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

The Last Jedi is not a bad movie, and if it was a standalone, non Star Wars movie, there would be no backlash. Its just a small, vocal minority of butthurt fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I never look at Rotten Tomatoes. Now I know I never will, thanks to this video. I'm sure some of you already know about what is discussed in the video regarding RT's rating system, but this was new to me. BTW, there's some NSFW language toward the end of the video...

Video creator says he loves stats and then decides to read off 100 random ratings instead of creating a visual...this bothered me alot.

OT - I didn't enjoy the movie either

TLJ's biggest offense in my mind is that it tries to be feminist, fails spectacularly at it, and then cries sexism for people who don't like the attempt. It's all one hilarious joke. Of course, there are tons of plot threads that make no sense, but you've come to expect that in a Star Wars movie. The series was never that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Its just a small, vocal minority of butthurt fans.
    This isn't true in the slightest. Almost everyone I know irl hates this movie. It's funny how defenders want detractors to be in a minority so badly.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2018-04-05 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised how many of you know who Mark Sargent is.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's always the DeFeminized Fan edit that strips out a lot of the crap.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD43Bm10VcI

If he really wanted to find out a more accurate score, he would throw away the lowest and highest, find the mean in the middle, and then look at how many scored 10% and how many scored 100%.

Still it's not surprising, this last film wasn't amazing as Starwars goes. Coming off Rogue One the was a lot to live up to, but while that film aims TFW kind of coattails off of established Starwars, TLJ is Disney's real first foray into SW mythos on their own. They need better writers and they need less social commentary, SW is about escapism.

The Last Jedi is not a bad movie, and if it was a standalone, non Star Wars movie, there would be no backlash. Its just a small, vocal minority of butthurt fans.
    It was a forgettable movie.

I'm not a fan boy or however you define a 'butthurt fan', but the reason is that people go to see a Star Wars movie expecting a non-forgettable movie. This movie was forgettable.

The score shows that it's the majority, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I'm surprised how many of you know who Mark Sargent is.
    never heard of him before now, I simply have eyes to see what vids are posted on his channel.

Somewhat sharing the same opinion on this with a flat earther makes me uncomfortable

Personally I didn't like the movie all that much but I also didn't outright hate it. Funny enough the things I hated about the TFA were some of my favorite parts in this movie. Rey and Ren were given actual characters, depth, and flaws versus how they were in TFA. I actually didn't hate Luke's character in this movie and while sure I would have preferred EU Luke Master of the New Jedi Order. I understood what they were going for. Now everything else about the movie I hated Poe, Finn, Rose, Holdo and how absolute shit the story was involving those characters.

Saying all that now I go back to the OP and all I have to say is who gives two shits about fan scores. Say what you will about the Critics I trust them more then some anonymous fan score on a site especially with one that has groups publicly come out and say they worked to bring down the score.