Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy Spoil the entire Westworld Season 2!

So yesterday on Redding, Westworld writers Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy did an AMA thread, and at some point posted the following:

Hey Reddit!

Many thanks for your great questions and thoughts. As I've said before, I've been a member of the reddit community for years (no I'm not going to share my original username...). And I greatly enjoyed watching the friendly folks at this subreddit guess the twists and turns of the season.

It creates a larger problem for us, though, in terms of the way your guesswork is reported online. 'Theories' can actually be spoilers, and the line between the two is confusing. It's something we've been thinking about since last season. The fans of Game of Thrones, for instance, rallied around and protected the secrets of the narrative in part because they already knew those secrets (through season 5).

We thought about this long and hard, and came to a difficult (and potentially highly controversial) decision. If you guys agree, we're going to post a video that lays out the plot (and twists and turns) of season 2. Everything. The whole sordid thing. Up front. That way the members of the community here who want the season spoiled for them can watch ahead, and then protect the rest of the community, and help to distinguish between what's 'theory' and what's spoiler.

It's a new age, and a new world in terms of the relationship between the folks making shows and the community watching them. And trust is a big part of that. We've made our cast part of this decision, and they're fully supportive. We're so excited to be in this with you guys together. So if this post reaches a 1000 upvotes we'll deliver the goods.

Hasta victoria siempre!

Jonah and Lisa
    Of course the thread gets blown up with upvotes, and shortly thereafter, this is posted to YouTube:

WARNING: Do not watch unless you want to be spoiled. You have been warned. Enjoy

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for posting this and also to let me know not to look at any subreddits involving Westworld.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    and thats why I never use Reddit, or face book... or twitter... I mostly stay away from large online communities as a whole :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    and thats why I never use Reddit, or face book... or twitter... I mostly stay away from large online communities as a whole :P
    Im not sure if you read it or not judging by your reply.

They didnt actual spoil the story they trolled the fans

Just a bit of marketing for their new season coming out

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    They didnt actual spoil the story they trolled the fans
    Sshhhhhhh....