Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    What you are mistakenly assuming is that everyone is like you that are interested and know about WA, DBM, BigWigs and whatnot. id Wager that the vast vast majority of wowplayers dont use addons im sure some dont even know they can. I know i meet alot of players that are like "addons? what is that?"

The reason for this could be very differing and i dont really know the ACTUAL data on how many actually uses addons. I sometimes wonder how can people play without addons and i remember back in BC Before i really started using keybinds for pretty much Everything. In the beginning i thought it was complicated and it worked "so so".
    Would be nice to see some data on how many users are on these forums or rather how many Active accounts have ever been created here compared to how many accounts have been created in WoW
    Except I was never talking about a majority of players, but the minority that runs heroic (pugs) repeatedly, so thanks for trying, but your post is way off target.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    My gf doesn't want to read up on things because she doesn't want other people telling her how to play, instead she plays the way she wants even if it's not optimal but she's also having more fun that way.
    So she's okay with forcing other people to adjust their own playstyle for her? It's fine to play your own way when you're solo. It's decidedly less so when you're ruining 9-29 other people's day by doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Because the game has failed new players for close to a decade.
    Very good point actually.

I recently played FFXIV for a bit and that game does a very good job at teaching you basic mechanical skill. Mobs start casting telegraphed spells that will actually hurt or even just flat-out kill you if you don't move out of them, which teaches you the dangers of mechanics, as well as the way mechanics are telegraphed starting as early as level 1.

There's also proving grounds-esque trials which teach you various other basic things such as group composition, focusing priority targets, etc. while simultaneously being rewarding and (relatively) interesting.

WoW could really use things like these, and I lament the fact that Blizzard took away the mandatory Proving Grounds requirement for certain queues instead of doubling down and improving on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Milaketta View Post
    The main reason, I guess, is that people who don't take the game seriously and thus are not interested in facing challenges and negotiating obstacles do not want to spend additional time on wipes and tries. They want to have it all on a silver platter without much effort put in. Well, I can understand them, but it does annoy me when such kind of people ruin my game experience with their whining and leaving the raid.
    Its hillarius that you are making fun of casuals who want to have easy fun but you dont mock people who make it artificially easy by demanding 970 for normal antorus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Its hillarius that you are making fun of casuals who want to have easy fun but you dont mock people who make it artificially easy by demanding 970 for normal antorus
    Because those runs are speed essence/tf runs for mythic geared players, not progression runs. Also, who would take the 920 guy who will be wiping the grp over the 975 one who will carry the dps
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

I'm not making fun of them, it's just sad that people join pugs without actually putting in the effort. Don't you agree that these people are annoying? Adequate players don't join raids simply to leave after the first wipe. I understand quitting if the team is hopeless, but if the wipe was due to a mistake that can be corrected, the raid should be given another chance.

And yeah, there are always such morons who demand overgeared ppl to join some simple raids. I don't like them either, but it wasn't even about them in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    I know this has a high chance of degenerating into a troll thread, but it's a question I genuinely ask myself while pugging.

Unless you're in a very ambitious mythic guild wow is a very easy game, both in terms of theory and mechanics.

1 read up your spec on icy veins
    2 DL a boss mod, if you're a healer maybe DL some raid frames
    3 go to wago and DL the highest rated WA package for your class, maybe a raid WA package like those from Reloe (both optional)
    4 during encounter look at the output of your boss mod every 15-20 seconds

Congrats! You're a good heroic raider now and you can probably join and compete in a triple digit mythic guild.

So how is it that so many people struggle in heroic? Even if you don't do any of the above steps "move out of shit" alone will be enough for the vast majority of hc encounters and I don't think it takes any kind of talent to step out of shit on a scripted timer that announces what's coming up minutes in advance.

Let's get the obvious explanations out of the way first:
    -People don't know the encounters: I mostly do my pugging in 960/965 groups, you have to clear HC a couple of times for that ilvl
    -People just don't care: again - 960/965 groups full of angry nerds who will likely kick you if you fail too badly and not having to look for another group is a strong incentive I guess
    I also encounter this problem in some mythic guilds where by definition people are at least a bit ambitious and obviously know the encounters.
    Healer addons are a crutch that I've never used. I do not do step 3, either. WoW is easy as shit, especially with DBM. IMO just know how to play your class, install DBM, kill the raid boss. I have fought bosses I never did before, and with DBM, knew what to do. Want tougher raiding? FFXIV: the mechanics are telegraphed, yes, but most will one or two shot you, and you need to be quick on your feet, otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Healer addons are a crutch that I've never used. I do not do step 3, either. WoW is easy as shit, especially with DBM. IMO just know how to play your class, install DBM, kill the raid boss. I have fought bosses I never did before, and with DBM, knew what to do. Want tougher raiding? FFXIV: the mechanics are telegraphed, yes, but most will one or two shot you, and you need to be quick on your feet, otherwise.
    Yes you are obviously a very special and very skilled snowflake. Congratulations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joolo View Post
    Are you retard?? Dont play raids when you are retarded XD just play random dungeons world quest There is nobody to ruin his gameplay in raid you are not alone so when you have mentálne problems dont play raids
    Well, well, aren't you a nice person? Didn't I say that I can raid normal, but rather don't? And do you think I'd pug raids? Because that would make you stupid, not me. You are the kind of person I don't want in my raids, calling people retard and all.

Quote Originally Posted by JackWest View Post
    Because those runs are speed essence/tf runs for mythic geared players, not progression runs. Also, who would take the 920 guy who will be wiping the grp over the 975 one who will carry the dps
    And how is essence farm run different from lfr run . Both ofthose groups want exackly the same thing. To annihilate the instancje without slightest effort. Only difference id that suddenly clearling that place one hc gives them rights for it ye ? Everybody in this gamę want shit super easy but 1 group gets ridiculed for it since they simply dont give any any fucks about discussing ir

Probably because they listen to people like OP who think icyveins is a good resource for information instead of teaching them how to analyze warcraftlogs and to engage them in their class discord compendium of spreadsheets/data.

10+ Year Old Account
    And how is essence farm run different from lfr run . Both ofthose groups want exackly the same thing. To annihilate the instancje without slightest effort. Only difference id that suddenly clearling that place one hc gives them rights for it ye ? Everybody in this gamę want shit super easy but 1 group gets ridiculed for it since they simply dont give any any fucks about discussing ir
    Have you been in lfr recently? Half grp dies on first Ruiner on Kin. As i am atm without raid team thats what i do. Join ‘960+ speed run’. I dont have the nerves to go into lfr, wipe on every boss few times and do more damage than 3/4 of the dps, as a tank. Ofc, there are those trying to sneak and get carried instead, thats why i avoid ‘speed run’ grps where leader is low ilvl himself. Also, as i said, if 10 people with 970+ sign for a group, why should the leader take the 940 guy?. There are plenty of social guilds doing normal and hc that dont require attendance. Those are the places for ‘progress’
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    As someone that has cleared all the content Savage has to offer including Ultimate Bahamut as well as raided at a top 10 US level for multiple tiers in WoW I laughed at this post. Like straight giggles turned into laughter. Most people have quit FF this expansion because of the ease of difficulty. Including myself. Just because you quit WoW due to legion burn out and decided to go try another MMO doesn't mean your uneducated opinions become fact.

Not relying on third party resources that minimize movement/thought process and increase reaction mid boss fight says a lot about your level of play. Mid fucking tier my guy. You're probably the type of healer that doesn't DPS in FF and thinks he rolled a healer simply to heal and that needing extra dps to kill a fight is a crutch. You're a really good player. Just know that the truly informed players are laughing at you.

Deleted
    Probably the same reason why you are bad at real life. They don't try hard enough.

I'm good at raiding, I know the mechanics, I know my class, I come prepared. My flaws are my gear, and if you plan on using recount such meters to judge me, then you will be sourly disappointed because of it. Which is all everyone cares about these days.

5+ Year Old Account
    The way I describe my raid nights to my non-gaming friends who don't seem to get I can't just drop out a moments notice because they want to go see a movie is that it is like indoor cricket or a amateur basketball team. No it's not serious, no you're not getting paid, but there are 19 other people involved and just not showing up is a giant dick move to those people, even if they are 'just on the internet'.

Unfortunately just like my friends can't grasp it, neither can a lot of WoW players. Even when I played casual sports I use to show up with my kit ready and trim but so many people didn't and it's the same in WoW. The number of people who show up to raid/m+/etc without flasks, runes, repairs, drums, etc. is just staggering. All my alts have a stack of their flask, a stack of decent food/fighter chow, a stack of repair bots, a stack of prolonged power/etc, some tomes, and stack of drums.

It's just like showing up to a game with your pads clean and your bat properly oiled, just like keeping up to date on the boss strats and your classes talents. I mean the number of people in my raid who never bothered to watch the 5min videos for bosses before the first week is... annoying. It's not like I expect you to be a super nerd, but half an hour of research will save everyone time because the RL doesn't have to ramble on for 15mins before every fight (our RL is really bad at succinct explanations). Hell you don't even need to watch guides, ask someone in your guild if you want. Unless they are a twat they'll help you out.

Unfortunately too many people focus on the 'it's a video game' and not enough on the 'there are other people here, maybe I shouldn't waste their time'.

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    I'm good at raiding, I know the mechanics, I know my class, I come prepared. My flaws are my gear, and if you plan on using recount such meters to judge me, then you will be sourly disappointed because of it. Which is all everyone cares about these days.
    To be good at raiding means doing damage according to the raid difficult level as well. With simcraft and ilvlbrackets it is easy to measure if you are playing good for your gear.

Most people don't really care about Raiding, so they don't.
    Those who are generally bad at everything in WoW and not raiding - those don't care about their personal performance.

Rule of the thumb: People don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Probably because they listen to people like OP who think icyveins is a good resource for information instead of teaching them how to analyze warcraftlogs and to engage them in their class discord compendium of spreadsheets/data.
    I can tell you are a smart person. Because you think people who are too dumb/uninformed for heroic should start with in-depth log analysis and discord channels where people discuss how to unlock the last couple of % of their spec, instead of letting them start with the basics. Thank you for your contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Why would I sit down and wait for an hour to help someone who is too stupid/delusional to google "wow guide".
    Did you ever think people learn better with one on one interaction? I have helped many people become better because they had a hard time with websites but when I sat them down in discord it vastly improved them