Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Re: having leveled on both types, that just begs a bunch of questions, most importantly "when" and "to what level". The leveling experience on a PvP server in 2005 was massively, massively distinct from that in 2011, for example, which is distinct from the experience in 2018.
    During Cata and during WoD. In both cases 'wPvP' meant solely being ganked, infrequently but repeatedly. It's also all there is to it, as if you wanted a 'clean' PvP challenge, you would be in an Arena or a BG, or even better, in a true PvP game.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    It's also all there is to it, as if you wanted a 'clean' PvP challenge, you would be in an Arena or a BG, or even better, in a true PvP game.
    That's self-evident. If you demand everything be fair and equal at all times, obviously you don't want wPvP. You barely want PvP at all, you want a quasi-e-sport. Part of the fun of wPvP is that the situations could be complicated or messy or unfair - I remember back in Vanilla we had three level 25-ish characters against this one level 49 Paladin. He thought we were going to be easy prey, but we kited and root-nuked him down. Took bloody forever.

And no, ganking is not "all there is to it", that's just laughable. It was all there was to it in Cataclysm, but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    That's self-evident. If you demand everything be fair and equal at all times, obviously you don't want wPvP. You barely want PvP at all, you want a quasi-e-sport. Part of the fun of wPvP is that the situations could be complicated or messy or unfair - I remember back in Vanilla we had three level 25-ish characters against this one level 49 Paladin. He thought we were going to be easy prey, but we kited and root-nuked him down. Took bloody forever.

And no, ganking is not "all there is to it", that's just laughable. It was all there was to it in Cataclysm, but that's another story.
    Yes spending "bloody forever" to kill some prat just out to troll people sounds like one hell of a good time! Honest i see war mode wrong on so many goddamn levels it's... astonishing.

1) Blizzard: "we're not sure why people don't engage in world pvp...". I don't know could be because if people are forced to do open world content as opposed to the much more productive instanced PvE / PvP content, could it be they're just out there to get a stupid rep farmed? or WQs done? or farm some herbs? you know, anything besides stroking someones overinflated 'iz leetzor ganks king" ego
    2) "but we've added some "incentives" for people to participate. *facepalm* how the fuck is not obvious after 14 cunting years of people doing.... insane things to get an edge? these arn't incentives, they're mandatory. It's this same kind of thinking that made it so people stepped into EN .... with gear better than they could possibly get in EN, because they ran M+ for 2 weeks 24/7 before going into EN. It's the same thing that made people run MoS 300 times / char to max artifacts. It's the same thing that births split runs. Like go back... a year and say "flagging yourself for PvP increases AP gained by X%" ... do you care what that percent is? when you MUST max out your artifact for mythic Krosus or get benched do you care what that X is? They were so close... replace Xp and Azunite with XP and honor and i'd never in a milion years toggle the damn thing on... now, it's gona be a shit show....

Ofc this is ignoring that in X months WE CAN FUCKING FLY anyway....