Poll: Who is baiting who in novela previews?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Arrow Who is baiting who in novela previews?

My real question, impossible to answer from this short story... Is Saurfang the real target? Or is he bait? Possibly by both sides?
    • The reason Sylvanas arrives so fast is she was waiting to catch Malfurion where she could eliminate him.
    • Perhaps Malfurion expected Sylvanas to come when he attacked Saurfang and wanted to lure her out.
    • Which was playing the deeper game? We'll have to wait for more story to find out.

EDIT: As evidence of deeper games being played by both leaders, consider:
    • Sylvanas arrives within a minute or so of Malfurion's attack. How could she do this if she wasn't poised and waiting for this opportunity?
    • Malfurion has shield ready for Sylvana's first arrow, and immediately turns from Saurfang to attack her. He isn't taken by surprise, forgets Saurfang, and goes for his true target?

Poll incoming...
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-04-07 at 04:59 PM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the point of this thread...why not keep it in the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    What is the point of this thread...why not keep it in the other two.
    Just adding the poll.

Deleted
    oh it will probaly be sylvanas made a trap, which the nameless alliance charcter will fall in to and then die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Tfw Malfurion thinks he is smartass and sylvanas just pops out and says "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru" and malfy is just like "Nani ?" and then dies.

Can't wait.

Big picture, they are all stupid. Hopefully Furion dies.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Tfw Malfurion thinks he is smartass and sylvanas just pops out and says "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru" and malfy is just like "Nani ?" and then dies.

Can't wait.
    Malfurion has faced worse than Sylvanas. Many times. Only time I can remember her facing someone on his power level was Lich King, and she almost had him once - in an ambush. I think that's what she would have to do to take Malfurion: lure him into an ambush. It's what she's good at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Malfurion has faced worse than Sylvanas. Many times. Only time I can remember her facing someone on his power level was Lich King, and she almost had him once - in an ambush. I think that's what she would have to do to take Malfurion: lure him into an ambush. It's what she's good at.
    Actually what she needs to take malfurion is to use sharp/blunt object and apply enough trauma with it.

Actually what she needs to take malfurion is to use sharp/blunt object and apply enough trauma with it.
    Let's hope that is the extent of her strategy. Should make for a quick end (to her).

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope that is the extent of her strategy. Should make for a quick end (to her).
    Alternatively malfy will roll 1 on his mary sue saving roll. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternatively malfy will roll 1 on his mary sue saving roll. What a shame.
    Or Sylvanas will have Malf trapped and he will go "Tyrande, where ARE you my love? I NEED you!" and she will just shoot herself in the face to put herself out of her misery.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Or Sylvanas will have Malf trapped and he will go "Tyrande, where ARE you my love? I NEED you!" and she will just shoot herself in the face to put herself out of her misery.
    Thankfully tyrande is in stormwind so night elven defense won't be total catastrophe.

Just adding the poll.
    c...culd have made a strawpoll,...

Deleted
    My guess is Sylvanas wants to get Malfurion and Saurfang is the bait.
    I'm not sure why, but my impression was that Malfurion wasn't there to kill Saurfang and wants something else from him, either talk or maybe capture him. And either Sylvanas knows this or she even arranged for Malfurion to go there for Saurfang, so she can kill Malfurion. As we can read in the Alliance story, Tyrande isn't there and Malfurion is the one powerful guy standing between her and victory, she needs to get rid of him if she wants the Nightelven lands. And Saurfang himself seems to think that she is not anywhere near Astranaar, so the plan wasn't for her to come around and she still shows up just like that.

Just to clarify: I do not think she actually wanted Saurfang to die.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I am hoping Furion bites it, I dislike that is has come to it but the Cenarion side has dragged down the NE story for so long now that to get rid of the big tie in and return the two halves to their factions seems the best way to move forward. That being said I just don't see how Sylvanas has the ability to do it. Unless she can maybe tag him with a focused assault of her plague launchers. The good stuff too.

"Malfurion was not looking at him. His arms were crossed in front of his face as an arrow, wreathed in shades of violet smoke, exploded just before him. Emerald light rose against the darkness, and Malfurion charged to fight Sylvanas Windrunner, who had another arrow nocked and drawn at point-blank range."

- - - Updated - - -

It's the smackdown we all want to see, and the one I think both leaders were looking for. I suspect Saurfang was bait by both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Sylvanas isn't more powerful than Malfurion, she just isn't. He's not dying.
    Question is, is she taking him by surprise the way she did Lich King, or was he expecting her to intervene all along?

- - - Updated - - -

Realistically, we know they will probably both get some shots in and both limp off to fight another day. That's how the war front continues into BfA.

I doubt they will kill him off as much as Genn Greymane faced her and there was no winner. Despite people complain at Malfurion, there would be more backlash with him dying. This by and large is a character development ploy to make Malfurion popular and better than what he came to be in Legion. A laughing stock.

7+ Year Old Account
    Furion just come to take his hidden weed in Astranaar...

Can't wait.
    lol, now i can even see that scene with a banshee scream instead of the white noise meanwhile all malfurion's bones breaking