Page 1 of 57
... LastLast

Syria Sarin Gas Attack - 100+ Casualties

80% of the people who inhaled sarin gas die within days. Why are we talking about Skripal case when this is happening in Syria on a large scale? Mass media not interested?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN1HE0RR

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    80% of the people who inhaled sarin gas die within days. Why are we talking about Skripal case when this is happening in Syria on a large scale? Mass media not interested?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN1HE0RR
    Wow, it sure would be convenient for people who want a military intervention in Syria if Assad was to do something totally insane and unnecessary like using chemical weapons just before US troops are to start withdrawing from the area.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Because who cares what's going on halfway across the planet. Global news is cancer.
    Last edited by Hiromant; 2018-04-08 at 07:43 AM.

TBH america should respond by dropping chemical bombs on Asaad loyalist regions.
    Since the line in the sand for chemical warfare was crossed and nobody on earth responded, its time to fight fire with fire again, or in this case wildly inhumane poison with wildly inhumane poison.

Simply tell them firmly you do it, we do it to, and after asaad's own loyalists are freaking out the line might be redrawn.
    My two cents.

Nobody cares about muslims countries,only when they come to US or europe to attack us we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Why are we talking about Skripal case when this is happening in Syria on a large scale?
    Another one of these "why isn't the media reporting on this incident that I'm linking a media report for?!" posts? Please. I don't know about you, but when I google "Ghouta" the first three results are from The Guardian, The Independent, and CNN. Are those media outlets not mass enough for you?

Deleted
    brutal stuff. The problem with confirming reports is that no indepentent journalists or observers can go there (1. because of the military operation, 2. because the local groups will kidnap or kill them).

This article from a little while back sums up the situation pretty well : https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8229211.html

If you go on https://syria.liveuamap.com/en/time/08.04.2018

And then look back a month or so you can see the amount of land the SAA has taken, this is part of the final blow against eastern ghouta before the SAA take it all and end the siege.

This is a crime against humanity but a reality of a brutal war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except we've been hearing about gas attacks on civilians for like...2 years now?

Maybe if you step out of your little echo chamber a little more often you would hear more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    wasn't the last gas attack fake or by the wrong people or something?

It gonna be finger pointing again

Assad supporters : IT WAS THE REBELS

Rebels : It was Assad

Assad : it didnt even happen ,its fake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    It gonna be finger pointing again

Assad supporters : IT WAS THE REBELS

Rebels : It was Assad

Assad : it didnt even happen ,its fake
    Sadly that is exactly what will happen.

Here in the US we will sit around complaining about why 'the media always reports on the stuff that makes the president look bad' instead of actually caring about the shit that gets reported.
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

At least it wasn't in Europe or NA (yet).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Wow, it sure would be convenient for people who want a military intervention in Syria if Assad was to do something totally insane and unnecessary like using chemical weapons just before US troops are to start withdrawing from the area.
    Typically wary of anything that even smells like a conspiracy, but I'll be goddamned if this isn't the worst (or best, depending on your appetite for war) timing for this to occur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Donald Trump's red line moment has arrived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Oh cmon now, we both know trump hasn't ever known a solid boundary in his entire life...of any kind.

Member when going after his family business was completely off limits?
    Troof

It's extremely difficult to fight in cities without taking huge casualties, you've all seen how they construct buildings there, 100% concrete. Artillery strikes aren't going to do much except make rubble and rubble is even easier to defend than whole buildings.

Sarin gas is one of the few things that will let you kill the enemy without taking casualties yourself.

Assad a Shiite, from the Alawite people who are Shiites, doesn't care about Syrian Sunnis, gas is a viable option for him.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yep.

Some day I wish to wake up and not find myself in a world where when someone like Trump says he wants to withdraw from Syria is met with Assad using chemical weapons because he feels he can push it..or because he and Iran want to keep America in Syria as the big bad evil that their people must fight against.

Well...I hope Assad is ready for when US intelligence briefs Trump on this to lose all of their major military airfields. I believe they have 5. Last time around Trump struck one airfield and more or less put it out of commission despite that clown show Syria put on of planes taking off.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    wasn't the last gas attack fake or by the wrong people or something?
    Haven't you heard? That doesn't matter any more these days. The US has said that ANY gas attack performed by ANYONE in Syria, is Russia's fault by default. More generally, any chemical attack performed anywhere in the world is Russia's fault automatically, regardless of the facts or actual culprits.

This approach is a much more convenient one for the west than the outdated fact-based/guilt-based approaches: it allows for the west to have all the excuses they need to continue with and escalate their anti-Russian campaign, while the pro-west drones cheer and happily agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say though....I could see Trump just throwing his hands up and saying 'fuck it, military, I want you out of there in X months, I don't care what you do, I don't care how you do it, just get it done and leave'

He just might set loose the dogs.
    Troof