Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Can you fit $400 worth of food in your fridge?

I'm having first world problems right now. I've been surving on cooked ham deli stuff for 3 weeks now. I got a load of food coming tomorrow morning and i'm legit worried if my fridge has the room.

$400 dollars isnt really a unit of volume

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    $400 dollars isnt really a unit of volume
    ... this.

units of volume or mass would be better than the local currency value. keep in mind we can find a single burger that can cost in the area of ten grand cause... reasons <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I'm having first world problems right now. I've been surving on cooked ham deli stuff for 3 weeks now. I got a load of food coming tomorrow morning and i'm legit worried if my fridge has the room.
    Yes 4 jars of this will fit.
    https://www.amazon.com/Sturgeon-Blac.../dp/B0080ZYX64

That's like 15 steaks.

Pretty sure you can find some rare cheese worth that much that is smaller then your hand.

So, yes you can ^_^

7+ Year Old Account
    $400? Easily.

I may be able to fit $400 in mac and cheese in my fridge. maybe if I cook it and throw it in there without the boxes.

Get yourself part of an iberico ham, you can fit that easy in any fridge and you'll spend far more than $400 for any substantial quantity.

I eat that in one meal

I can fit $400 worth of liquor in my fridge; does that count?

Nope. Always wanted to get one of those freezers for extra food to go along with my fridge. I would put meat and microwave food in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Nope. Always wanted to get one of those freezers for extra food to go along with my fridge. I would put meat and microwave food in it.
    /shudder.

People still use microwaves? I thought they were a fad for middle income families in the 90s.

@op you could fill a fridge with $400 so easily it really is a pointless thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally don't spend $400 on food for the entire month.
    I'm sure if I bought a bunch of fancy expensive shit I could..but $400 of chicken nuggets, eggs, and cereal probably wouldn't fit in my fridge.

No, I'm not prepared

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really...but I have a mini fridge and a small chest freezer I get by with...but I normally only worry about 200 dollar range of food at most at one time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming that it is all in need of refrigeration and is neither very cheap nor very high in cost, yes I believe I could, but it would fill the fridge, and I'd have to organize like a boy scout.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets say your fridge is average, and has a capacity of 10.93 cu ft in the fridge area.

Thats 10465.546 US fluid ounces.

Thats enough to store 978 jars of

At $7.51 retail, that's $7347 of tapenade in your fridge.

Deleted
    You get it delivered? You dont buy and deliver your groceries to your own place?

Deleted
    Ok Zoidberg, you're rich now. Remember to put aside some of that food for your kids and grandkids.