Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Here's a trick question about the dk's and Odyn - if Odyn wouldn't be cut off from Azeroth and locked in his realm,if a warrior died in battle - would Odyn be the first to claim him and give him a chance to join his Valarjar army or the LK,who would start to ressurect him as a dk?

He will die a slow painful death
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I still hold Odyn insulting my DK and DH on the Broken Shore against him. He also killed my Shadow Priest for asking an innocent question. Not a very nice guy all considered.
    That sounds like it's on you for not playing a warrior though..

During one of his quests on the Broken Shore ("Fall of the Felskorn" specifically) he thanked both for their service, then says it was a pity they weren't born as Warriors. I had to do a double-take and then queue for Halls of Valor specifically so I could back and beat the snot out of him.
    I mean

Dude makes you grind out rep with a faction you lead, as a warrior.

"You want your fancy artifact appearances? Go prove yourself to the guy who picked you the leader of his army!"

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    See above, he's not much better to warriors!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Can't kill him, he just becomes friendly at 1%, praises your valor and you're forced to open a chest for glorious loot,always.

Odyn is one step ahead of the player.
    Amazing

/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean

"You want your fancy artifact appearances? Go prove yourself to the guy who picked you the leader of his army!"

See above, he's not much better to warriors!
    Dude only wants the worthiest of the worthy and can you really blame him,

Would you settle for just the worthy? I think not

7+ Year Old Account
    Odyn did nothing wrong

Helya did nothing wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean

Plus, apparently he lets a Warrior "cheat" during the quest, giving them a Thunderforged buff that slowly ramps up until they turn into an unkillable colossus. Non-Warriors get a crappy little buff and then mocked at the quest's end. Odyn kind of sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Guess so - if I were a Warrior I too would've gotten an ultra-powerful buff and praised for my abilities.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Plus, apparently he lets a Warrior "cheat" during the quest, giving them a Thunderforged buff that slowly ramps up until they turn into an unkillable colossus. Non-Warriors get a crappy little buff and then mocked at the quest's end. Odyn kind of sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess so - if I were a Warrior I too would've gotten an ultra-powerful buff and praised for my abilities.
    not really, you keep needing to "PROVE your self" repeatedly, most warriors I know hate odyn with a passion, due the whole "prove your self mortal" shit he pulls in like everything.

Odyn probably suffers from the same syndrome as Wooldoor Sockbat and has to shout "Valor" every few seconds or he's in danger of drowning in his own gastric acid.

I hope I never have to see this annoying idiot ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    not really, you keep needing to "PROVE your self" repeatedly, most warriors I know hate odyn with a passion, due the whole "prove your self mortal" shit he pulls in like everything.
    Well, good to know he's an equal-opportunity idiot.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    I became his Battelord early on but for some reason he never trusts me. I don't know how many more times I need to prove myself to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    I became his Battelord early on but for some reason he never trusts me. I don't know how many more times I need to prove myself to him.
    There is never enough VALOR (tm)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Well, as his Battlelord you need to be an example for all his Valajar warriors, which is why he constantly wants you to go out and do valorous battle FOR GLORY!

the case of odyn is an interesting one. He was trapped in halls of valor by helya who was killed and turned into the first val'kyr by Odyn, then forced to serve him. Due to some meddling with Loken, Helya was able to betray or otherwise get revenge on odyn by imprisoning him. She acted as his ferry of souls to build up his army, now he has other val'kyr to do that. Odyn is full of himself to the max, and has even gone to write about himself and his exaggerated accomplishments in a series of books u can find on the broken isles. He is returning to Ulduar to claim what he believes, is his. He definitely harbors strong resentment and is extremely jealous of other keepers, like Tyr.

During one of his quests on the Broken Shore ("Fall of the Felskorn" specifically) he thanked both for their service, then says it was a pity they weren't born as Warriors. I had to do a double-take and then queue for Halls of Valor specifically so I could back and beat the snot out of him.
    This is your fault for not being a warrior. /s
    Last edited by Dark Succ; 2018-04-10 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingWarrior View Post
    This is your fault for not being a warrior. /s
    Well, he shouldn't have asked for my help, then. "Come fight my battles for me, for the reward of being mocked for choosing the wrong class." Kind of makes me wish he was the last boss of the Trial of Valor raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he shouldn't have asked for my help, then. "Come fight my battles for me, for the reward of being mocked for choosing the wrong class." Kind of makes me wish he was the last boss of the Trial of Valor raid.
    Thats what makes him great. He's a giant, lazy dick!!

Deleted
    I liked Odyn, he was like he was supposed to be. Overall having good intentions but fucking up constantly by being too arrogant and not caring about how he achieves his goals. Also, everything is second only to a good fight, preferably one with a lot of show to it too.

While I don't think we should actually kill him, because if we kill everyone who's made bad bad mistakes or lets his faults take him over for a while, I do think he still needs his come-uppeance for Helya and his faults need to be actually exposed for that (I mean ingame, so we know. Ingame we don't even know half of what he did yet^^). And no, I don't think having been locked up for a few thousend years in his shiny fortress is enough of a comeuppeance. At the very least he should acknowledge that he fucked up.

But for the role he had to play he was perfect and also at times hilarious. And I think having flawed characters is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    So yeah the guy is a dick but come on... He's the prime designate with all the power, his own godly realm, a personal army and a bigass throne... He's living the dream! Can you honestly say if you were in his place you wouldn't dick around?! I sure would!
    i think there was some new lore that states he gave up the title of prime designate.

But that said, he is a dick... but at least he's not a pussy or an asshole. He's got my vote!

#MakeAzerothGreatAgain