Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I'm gonna need pics, for science.
    Don't make me pull out the Chris Hansen memes!

Deleted
    You're trolling isn't an argument either.

I'll @Mormolyce all I want, don't like it then ignore me.

Aristotle and plato made my argument for me. So yes I'm just repeating them. And I'll keep repeating it till it sinks in or the sun fails to rise, which ever comes first.

Once more

Rules both social and legal are the frame work upon which civilisation is built, even ones you don't like and there not going away just because you cry about it.

Most high schools will ask ladies to wear a bra if need be. Yes it’s distracting and inappropriate for school. When your out of high school or out on the weekend ect do as you wish.

I'm guessing another girl with big boobs was victimized?

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    Aristotle and plato made my argument for me.
    Nice fallacy, bro.

Aynway, as Morm said, assertions aren't arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anoikis View Post
    She wasn't showing her nude breasts. She wore a long sleeve shirt.
    The fabric wasn't transparent.
    If the contour of a nipple showing thru the fabric offends you,
    go to your doctor and ask for psychological advice.
    This a million times.

You're trolling isn't an argument either.

I'll @Mormolyce all I want, don't like it then ignore me.
    So is there a Taoist proverb about acting like a pissy 14 year old when your poorly thought out opinions are challenged?

P.S. You might want to look up "appeal to authority" since you're continuing to struggle with first year philosophy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So is there a Taoist proverb about acting like a pissy 14 year old when your poorly thought out opinions are challenged?

P.S. You might want to look up "appeal to authority" since you're continuing to struggle with first year philosophy.
    you should look up "argument from fallacy".

also i do believe to challenge an argument you need more than straw men and trolling.

present proof society can exist without rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Nice fallacy, bro.

Aynway, as Morm said, assertions aren't arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

This a million times.
    yes i am asserting the conclusion of an argument that happened over 2000yrs ago is still true, the whole idea of republics that place law above the people was from that conclusion.

its a tad hypocritical of you to disagree really as you advocate limiting the freedom of Nazis after all and its the same social rules that kept them in line that im arguing for.

you should look up "argument from fallacy".
    Oh boy, now I'm really going to have to flunk you on your Philosophy 101 homework.

also i do believe to challenge an argument you need more than straw men and trolling.

present proof society can exist without rules.
    And again, should you at any point make an argument I'll be sure to address it.

Deleted
    Oh boy, now I'm really going to have to flunk you on your Philosophy 101 homework.

And again, should you at any point make an argument I'll be sure to address it.
    You should Probly actually look up that fallacy. But to spell it it out. It's the fallacy that just because an argument contains a fallacy it's conclusion must be untrue.

And again the whole "rules make civilisation" isn't an argument or debate. It's stating the conclusion plato and Aristotle came to century's ago.

You don't like it? Tuff you opinions don't matter. We built our society on it all ready and it's not going to change.

You should Probly actually look up that fallacy. But to spell it it out. It's the fallacy that just because an argument contains a fallacy it's conclusion must be untrue.
    Oh, no, I know what it is.

But you are honest to god standing here and trying to use that as justification for using a fallacy as your argument.

That's why you're getting an F.

And again the whole "rules make civilisation" isn't an argument or debate. It's stating the conclusion plato and Aristotle came to century's ago.
    Hold that thought...

NOW go look up appeal to authority.

Deleted
    Oh, no, I know what it is.

But you are honest to god standing here and trying to use that as justification for using a fallacy as your argument.

That's why you're getting an F.

Hold that thought...

NOW go look up appeal to authority.
    I already know and for I think the 3rd time now I'm saying I'M not making the argument only stating the conclusion.

IF you want to debate the arguments raised by Aristotle and plato then you need more than straw men.

I already know and for I think the 3rd time now I'm saying I'M not making the argument only stating the conclusion.

IF you want to debate the arguments raised by Aristotle and plato then you need more than straw men.
    And once again he throws the names Aristotle and Plato at me like he thinks they're going to rise from the dead and start making arguments for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    I'm guessing another girl with big boobs was victimized?
    Nope, unless you call B cups big.

Deleted
    And once again he throws the names Aristotle and Plato at me like he thinks they're going to rise from the dead and start making arguments for him.
    No need to rise from the dead they left book's. You should read them.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    You think??

If some school official took my daughter aside and made an issue out of how transparent her freaking nipples were, I'd have his or her ass.

Call me to discuss the matter, see what we can do to avoid embarrassment for all parties in the future ... but trying to bandage her? Just stop.
    Should have just sent her home to get a bra.

Let's be real folks. Horny teenage boys have enough distractions that impede their learning without a big boobed bra-less distraction making things worse.

It's funny that you say you'd have their ass, but would you also then also explain to your daughter why what she did was wrong?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    It's funny that you say you'd have their ass, but would you also then also explain to your daughter why what she did was wrong?
    Damn right I would talk to her about her poor judgment. Fortunately she hasn't busted this scenario on me (I actually have a teenage daughter, unlike a lot of people here who like to speak in hypotheticals).

My only point is the way the administration handled it was ridiculous. It escalated things instead of de-escalated and made the situation worse for all parties involved.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

No need to rise from the dead they left book's. You should read them.
    I'm just going to sit back and bask in the irony of you trying to support your "argument" that all of society would collapse if we questioned our nudity taboo by quoting the names of Ancient Greeks at me.

Deleted
    I'm just going to sit back and bask in the irony of you trying to support your "argument" that all of society would collapse if we questioned our nudity taboo by quoting the names of Ancient Greeks at me.
    Be careful all those straw men must be a fire hazard. Like I said several times its "rules" that make society.

The funny thing is in another thread you your self said pushing change to social rules is a bloody affair, why do you think that is?

Surely it's not because people don't like the rules of how they interact being changed without there consent.

Be careful all those straw men must be a fire hazard. Like I said several times its "rules" that make society.

The funny thing is in another thread you your self said pushing change to social rules is a bloody affair, why do you think that is?

Surely it's not because people don't like the rules of how they interact being changed without there consent.
    Because of conservatives?

But seriously, "society has rules" is basically a tautology and gets you nowhere near defending the particular rule in question.

Deleted
    Because of conservatives?

But seriously, "society has rules" is basically a tautology and gets you nowhere near defending the particular rule in question.
    Yes. And there is a reason it's a tautology that's been held as self evident for hundreds of years.

You know what the purpose of social rules are. Why they are needed. The rule itself dosent matter, over time they fall in and out of favor naturally. Like what's acceptable funeral dress and actions.

And they can be silly and illogical. But they are the status quo the rule it's self ( though many are in fact there for a good reason even if you don't see it) doesn't actually matter. What matters is having the majority of people get along enough that society can function. The social norm is the norm because that's what the majority follow when you begin messing with that no matter how illogical the thing you want to remove is you create division and a disharmony.

Now there are philosophers either side of the fence when it comes to social disharmony some saying that in small doses it's good and others saying it's only detrimental.

Now look at the world for a moment, are we any better off? Any happier? Is that is hand holding singing and dancing world the hippies dreamed of in the 60s?