Balance viability in mythic + / open world

As title says, how are balance druids in mythic + (like 6-14ish)
    Any better in raids? For st?

As well as open world content (around the 900 mark)

I run with a balance druid in M+ and he does pretty good. Always top or 2nd on M+ at level 15. Raids, we're ok but not great.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    As title says, how are balance druids in mythic + (like 6-14ish)
    Any better in raids? For st?

As well as open world content (around the 900 mark)
    Balance is one of the top specs in Mythic+. Great AoE and amazing utility.

Pre-15, does it really matter? That said we are pretty good.
    HORRIBLE SHIT TIER FOR SINGLE TARGET. Great for 3-4 bosses: Eonar, AHC, and Coven. Hasabel we're okay but Feral is way better. Outside of those 4 fights, we're garbage. Very useful for killing the add on Mythic Varimathras though.

Open world you just spam MF/SF and drop Starfalls til things die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Balance is one of the top specs in Mythic+. Great AoE and amazing utility.
    What utility would that be exactly? BRez and Innervate? I guess Solar Beam is nice but it's such a long ass CD for an interrupt, which if OP's doing pre-15, he'll be using SB more as an interrupt than an silence.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Im not sure if next 3-4 months matter much but almost anything is viable now at the end of expansion. You have much weaker nuke in lower m+ than feral and ST in raids is somewhere around bottom tier. I switched to feral in open world, with chest legendary+sephuz I have some 180% base movement speed, I can nuke down almost anything and im atleast 2x faster than boomie.

As boomie you either run around pulling mobs or pull them with moonfire/sunfire, get your resource up so you can land starfall and wait until everything dies. As feral you pull everything and in 2-3 brutal slashes everything lies dead (or you can pull with moonfire while running twice as fast as moonkin).

As someone who runs alot of decently high M+ as boomkin I can tell you that we are in a decent place. We definitely aren't the best but our aoe is amazingly sustained so we shine more so on fortified weeks over tyrannical. Having another poison/curse dispel is super helpful in higher keys where dots like those can tick for insane amounts. While we do lack ST damage compared to other specs it definitely isn't super terrible. As far as the feral comments go it is good for certain keys but since brutal slash has a target cap it falls off really hard.

https://raider.io/characters/us/malganis/Protoroar feel free to reply DM me if you have any other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    Im not sure if next 3-4 months matter much but almost anything is viable now at the end of expansion.
    OP asked about right now, not BfA (if he did, we couldn't really answer him since BfA Moonkin is untouched). Also if you're planning on doing a high-end push on Mythic Prog (unlikely, but it's worth asking), you could definitely pick a better spec/class to give your raid team a better edge. The only late fights where Boomkins are a huge boon (specifically in Mythic!) are Varimathras (Starsurging the adds) and Coven (good choice for Asara-"Tanking", Mass Entanglement, and 2-target Starfall cleave).

But yeah, for AoE situations, you're still a fine pick.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    On 6-14 keys, we're fine -especially on weeks where the tanks can pull big! Towards the lower end of that scale, I find that mobs die too quickly and so I get out dpsed on some pulls.

With regards to raiding, I've found it OK -stock up on tomes. From your question, I'm guessing that you are not bent on high end progression? As long as you know what you're doing, shouldn't have any problems.

Open world -again, fine once you get going takes a while to build up resources as things seem to fall over quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    On 6-14 keys, we're fine -especially on weeks where the tanks can pull big! Towards the lower end of that scale, I find that mobs die too quickly and so I get out dpsed on some pulls.

With regards to raiding, I've found it OK -stock up on tomes. From your question, I'm guessing that you are not bent on high end progression? As long as you know what you're doing, shouldn't have any problems.

Open world -again, fine once you get going takes a while to build up resources as things seem to fall over quickly.
    Pretty much the best answer. As long as you're not doing high-end, single-target situations (such as deep Mythic ABT bosses or Tyrannical keys), Moonkin isn't ever a bad pick.

Mythic raiding though, I highly suggest something like Warlock (good at everything) or Hunter (arguably best ranged class for Argus).