Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    TBH, it's just part of the normal expansion cycle:

Announcement = OMG, this is so awesome! They are going to add trivial item, race, class, etc. But haters are going to hate!

Alpha = Wow, this is looking great. Haters need to stop bringing up issues with classes, etc because there is plenty of time / Blizz hasn't tuned / etc.

Beta = Wow, this is really fun. Haters need to stop bringing up issues with classes, etc because there is plenty of time / Blizz hasn't tuned / etc.

Live = Wow, the is the most amazing thing ever. Haters need to stop bringing up issues with classes, etc because by the first raid release Blizz will fix / tune / etc.

1 Month In = Wow, this has been the best expansion ever! Haters should have spoken up when it was announced / Alpha / Beta if they wanted something fixed.

12 Months In = Wow, the next expansion is going to be so awesome! They are going to add trivial item, race, class, etc. But haters are going to hate!

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Why are positive comments considered personal opinion, and no one can really debate you on the fact you're looking forward to something, but negative comments aren't and you need to go through all these hoops and by the end of it you're still considered a troll.

It's a double standard.
    Because nobody cares about your negative opinion.

What I got from this thread is the OP cherry-picking which posts to reply to. Essentially ignoring the people who pointed out that this forum very often attacks people who agree with or like some aspect of the game as being 'Blizzard fanbois', just as much if not more so than it attacks those who are complaining about something or being 'negative'. I think I can see why they think the forums are the way they are - they've somehow managed to completely tune out one side of the spectrum.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    If you think Azerite looks good there's no hope for you.
    If you could read I said it looks interesting. In concept it looks like it could be good but I won’t have an onion on it until it’s final and I can play around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    TBH, it's just part of the normal expansion cycle:

Announcement = OMG, this is so awesome! They are going to add trivial item, race, class, etc. But haters are going to hate!

Alpha = Wow, this is looking great. Haters need to stop bringing up issues with classes, etc because there is plenty of time / Blizz hasn't tuned / etc.

Beta = Wow, this is really fun. Haters need to stop bringing up issues with classes, etc because there is plenty of time / Blizz hasn't tuned / etc.

Live = Wow, the is the most amazing thing ever. Haters need to stop bringing up issues with classes, etc because by the first raid release Blizz will fix / tune / etc.

1 Month In = Wow, this has been the best expansion ever! Haters should have spoken up when it was announced / Alpha / Beta if they wanted something fixed.

12 Months In = Wow, the next expansion is going to be so awesome! They are going to add trivial item, race, class, etc. But haters are going to hate!
    yup people saying its only alpha are the biggest fucking morons, i could count to a million on the amount of times things have been shit in alpha, shit in beta, then went live shit, then get fixed or band aid fixed 9 months later or hell even the next expansion!

great job that massive class design flaw hundreds of thousands of people have had to endure for a year or more because "just alpha lul" so stupid, you can see where blizzard are heading in alpha and they don't like to back down they like to keep changing until they think it works, but sometimes you know the class better than they do and can see it'll never bloody work and just leave your class gimped.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are these people never called out for this opinion?

It is always the people who say "BFA doesn't look good" who are crucified on the forums with one liners like "how do you know? The game isn't out yet". Why does this logic not apply to the optimists on the forums?
    Because it's not a symmetrical argument. Therefore the logic doesn't work in reverse.

A work in progress tends to become more refined and improved as it approaches completion, not the other way around. So if an early development of something looks promising, that is generally a good indicator that the final product is going to be good, because you expect it keep on that path. However just because something doesn't show any signs of promise is not a good indicator of anything. It could easily be a simple case of that evidence not being at a sufficient state of readiness yet. It's a case of absence of evidence is not evidence of evidence.

Secondly there is the question of motive. There isn't really a good motive to claim that something looks great if it doesn't. However people have plenty of motives to shit on something without proper warrant. Claiming, without substantion that "BFA looks great" isn't a provocative statement. Claiming, without substantion that "BFA looks godawful" is. This is why you're expected to substantiate if you want to say the latter.

It is clear that these forums are biased towards Blizzard and have a 'Blizzard can do no wrong' attitude, which is unhealthy for productive discussion.
    Nonsense. This forum is full of highly vocal people who will complain, at length, about all manner of things. Anyhow overly negative people are, I would argue, just as unhealthy for productive discussion as overly positive. What you need is people who are willing to be honest about flaws, but also willing to give credit where credit is due.

That being said, this is a fan site for people who play WoW. Which means we are either people who are passionate about the game, or were passionate about the game. It shouldn't be surprising that there is a bias towards people who actually enjoy the game. And those who don't like the game tend to, IMO, display the same kinds of characteristic as someone who is bitter at their ex after a break up. I find such people tend not to present a very rational viewpoint.

I hope that these people are called out for their non-constructive behaviour and that we are free to express both positive and critical thoughts on these forums without being shut down. Otherwise this game will remain in limbo state.
    While I agree that constructive criticism is a good thing, in my experience it is a rare thing. Much of the criticism I see on these forums is little more than bitter vitriol posted by people claiming to be constructive where really, there is little/no evidence of critical thinking involved at all.

So by all means be critical, but don't neglect to stay fair. Judging by how triggered you seem to be over people praising the game, it seems to me that you have some sort of a bone to pick on this topic.

I don't know about you but there will always be people who come in to shit on others parade for liking something they don't like. Plenty of people who say BFA looks great gets shit on by the die hard " WOW IS DEAD!!11! " crowd or the more zealous part of the classic community.

But hey if I deserve to be called out because I think BFA looks good then I guess it just goes to show who is being the caveman in the equation.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2018-04-12 at 03:54 PM.

The worst part is the azerite and classes. Both feel terrible to play and interact with. We need our artifact weapons back. I don't understand why they don't port the artifact weapon traits directly into the azerite armor and make it spec specific options, not class specific. This would solve two major problems the game has currently.

The classes aren't done, some are missing talents and so on... but we will have to wait and see if they will address or rather, make changes based on the feedback they are getting in these two areas (classes is more important) or if they are going to stick with the direction they are going. Time is ticking, I hate that they moved the release date up a month because it makes me think they are indeed sticking to their guns regardless of what people say (this hasn't turned out well for them in the past...). We got like 3 months at most to prepatch, then an extra month to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    because it does look great? new races with new lore finally going to zandalar, going back to horde vs alliance instead of dealing with some stupid absolute evil like the legion or old gods, azerite looks interesting though we won't be able to tell until we can try it. so far there is nothing in the expan i can say looks bad.
    So races that use models of existing races are considered "new" now ok. There's still an "absolute evil", the first raid is Titan/Old God and the second raid is more than likely Old God too because they announced Queen Azshara as the last boss of that. As for Azerite 100% of what we know is passive abilities does that qualify as interesting to a casual? They're not even interesting passives...they're all either secondary stats or minuscule heals/shields.

The ONLY things Alpha has going for it right now is the visuals and the advanced AI that they put into Islands.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

As someone who likes the story direction and all we've seen so far from BfA, I've pre-ordered the deluxe and spend time almost daily in guild talking with the others about story, features, world design, mechanics and music in BfA. I usually don't spend time on forums arguing whether it will be good or bad, but since you ask and I happened to see the thread - here, I'm one that says BfA looks great.
    Worst case it won't be good, but that won't ruin my life, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

You're on a fan forum, being triggered that people like and look forward to new content for the game.

Stop acting like a petulant child, you'll live longer.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    So races that use models of existing races are considered "new" now ok. There's still an "absolute evil", the first raid is Titan/Old God and the second raid is more than likely Old God too because they announced Queen Azshara as the last boss of that. As for Azerite 100% of what we know is passive abilities does that qualify as interesting to a casual? They're not even interesting passives...they're all either secondary stats or minuscule heals/shields.

The ONLY things Alpha has going for it right now is the visuals and the advanced AI that they put into Islands.
    The fat humans are a new model and zandalari has enouth going for it that it might as we be, and yes I am super interested in remodels I’ve wanted dark iron for a long time and will be leveling one and proabbly race changing a toon to one.

We are also getting a war campaign and will be dealing with the other faction while we level instead of just focusing on the legion or an old god.

And yes yes azerite as of now lame but it also isn’t finished and I won’t know how I feel about it until it is, I have no interest in freaking out about a new system on its first alpha pass.

You might like only part of the alpha but I’ve still yet to see any thing I don’t think looks good other the incomplete stuff I don’t have an onion on yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Don't think it's about negative or positive. It's about non-constructivity (is that even a word?)

People coming here saying "It's going to be another WoD" or "Azerite is crap" or "there is nothing new" either just want to bash the game or are stuck in the past with no capacity for change.

People coming here saying "BfA look good because a) b) c)" tell you exactly what they like.

First on is non-constructive, second one is constructive.

By definition, positive comments are more constructive in their nature because someone likes something that is already there. Negative comments require an alternative to be constructive.

I think this is the biggest difference between the 2 and the reason why people tend to agree with the positive / constructive and disagree with the negative / destructive feedback.
    What a biased pile of shit.
    Your belief that the "negative part" of the community are people who can't accept change and/or just want to bash a product with no reason is one of the most ridicoulus thing I've read in months. Even more while you say that the "positive part" of the community list why the like something.
    You prove OP point perfectly: "negative players are bad and positive players are good".

Even by just looking at the first two pages of this section, it is actually mostly the "negative" players who provides lists of things as to why they don't like/hate something (ie: "class design is bad due to prunes/lack of choices/mechanical flaws", or "azerite looks bad due to recicled ideas/lack of impact/spec locking", or "lore is stupid because inconcistencies/retcons").
    It's really the positive players, or better said, the excessive positive players (often called white knights) who provides no reason at all as to why something it's good, but rather try to shut off negative players with shaming and the same old sentences we have heard for years like "it's only alpha/beta", "blizz will fix it next patch", "it's not complete yet", "if you don't like it just quit" etc.

While I do not appreciate most of OP threads, in this one he's right. These forums have evolved (or de-evolved) into a witch hunt of players who criticize the game. There is not even disctintion anymore between posters with reasonable feedback and trolls. As soon as you criticize something in the game a flock of posters will come and flood the topic with the tools I cited above.

Are they? Because looking at this forum it looks like quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    Some people become addicted to the game and aren't able to quit by themselves, so all they can do is root to the game to fail so they can finally be free.
    It's sad and they should get help.
    Some people become addicted to the game and aren't able to quit by themselves, so all they can do is mindlessly defend every decision made and direction taken by blizzard so they can feel their addiction is justified.
    It's sad and they should get help.

I love so far how Kul Tiras looks, with amazing aesthetics, but my main class I play (prot warrior) needs some work.
    However if someone has a different opinion to me, power to them, I do not need to convince anyone, I respect their opinion, and hope they respect mine

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    These forums have evolved (or de-evolved) into a witch hunt of players who criticize the game.
    Literally every negative thread thread has >5 pages almost instantly and are filled to the brim with overwhelmingly negative posts. I hadn't been here in long time, I've been very busy and haven't had a ton of time to even look at BFA stuff.

After spending a couple days reading through threads you would think that blizzard has come into most people's homes and killed their entire family.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    While I should know better than to waste my time considering the majority of your posts here, I am curious what factual information you have to support the statement that the game is in "limbo state".

All evidence I'm aware of, such as the aforementioned expansion being released in four months, would suggest the game is in any state but limbo.
    On the fifth page and OP has made zero attempts to address this. I think we can all fairly assume this conversation can't possibly go anywhere but down the drain.

15+ Year Old Account

I hope that these people are called out for their non-constructive behaviour
    This thread's existence is non-constructive. You're just posting to bitch and moan about other people. Go outside.

It is always the people who say "BFA doesn't look good" who are crucified on the forums with one liners like "how do you know? The game isn't out yet". Why does this logic not apply to the optimists on the forums? It is clear that these forums are biased towards Blizzard and have a 'Blizzard can do no wrong' attitude, which is unhealthy for productive discussion.

I hope that these people are called out for their non-constructive behaviour and that we are free to express both positive and critical thoughts on these forums without being shut down. Otherwise this game will remain in limbo state.
    People who say this mostly mean it looks great. And by this they mean the art and envinronment. Because honestly, it looks really fucking great. There weren't that many cities besides suramar in Legion so seeing just Boralus or Zuldazar first time looks great. I even made a video about Boralus because of huge and cool looking that whole place is.