Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CelticShaman View Post
    Soothing Mist is by far my favorite healing ability. Something about a channeled heal is just really cool to me. I was initially upset that they changed Mist Wrap to not allow Soothing Mist on the move but I think the fact that it's an 8-second channel instead of an indefinite channel should make it more bearable. We can't have Monks dethroning Druids as the most mobile healer now can we? ������

- - - Updated - - -

Soothing Mist is by far my favorite healing ability. Something about a channeled heal is just really cool to me. I was initially upset that they changed Mist Wrap to not allow Soothing Mist on the move but I think the fact that it's an 8-second channel instead of an indefinite channel should make it more bearable. We can't have Monks dethroning Druids as the most mobile healer now can we?
    Yeah if soothing was mobile it would be much more fun to play tho. But it looks much better than live at least.

one a few dungeons as MW, it feels great. In fact it feels better than great. Essence Font, Soothing Mist -> Vivify with RM on cd... it's so easy keeping the 5 of us alive...

Deleted
    I've been playing mistweaver on live a lot lately and as a resto shaman main i must say i value hugely the unlimited range on heals such as EF or Vivify. It's obviously not unlimited but in contrast to shamans toolkit it certainly feels like it is. Take the most powerful resto abilities like rain/CH/Artifact and even SLT sometimes and try to literally place them anywhere on a battleground, heroic dung, mythic dungeon - it's pointless, so half of your toolkit goes out the window meanwhile you're stuck filling the gap with stuff that actually has some consistency in it (namely: healing surge, echo'd riptide and hst -which is gone in bfa iirc). With Vivify on live - the consistency is there, the on demand heal - it's all there. It's actually quite fantastic. The only annoying thing is the sticky SooM channel. I used to play some mmonk in pandaria and i missed the castable one, but nothing more than that.

Onto my main point here: While i understand that veteran monks might miss the old mistweaving with all the perks of pseudo-instant casts (more on that later) and castable SooM, i am really concerned about how much consistency we're actually losing with the "Vivify back to Uplift" change. The amount of ramp up time and gcd's and pure luck required to heal the targets that actually need it is fucking formidable. I do have beta and I did test it. The numbers are pretty messed up as well, the cleave heal on ReM targets doesn't do enough to justify casting Vivify over anything else really. The state of mistweaver on beta right now is pretty bad. It's a bizarre cluster of pandaria, wod and legion healing styles. Saying "Feels great, it's so easy keeping us alive" just proves you have no clue what you're talking about (because for example you shouldn't be casting Vivify at all atm) and probably just did one easy undertuned dungeon or anything to that unfortunate effect.

My question to blizzard would be why does a working spec need another rework which brings it back to a state that caused the original rework in the very first place? (ReM/Uplift being beyond reasonable control).

People on the official us forums seem to recognize those issues, not here though for some reason. Be sure to check out us forums, some really good points there, they probably explain this in much more detail than i do.

It's like they're trying to mix between MoP/WoD playstyle where we'd blanket the raid with ReM's and Uplift to glory, and the newer Legion one

Quote Originally Posted by Varly View Post
    It's like they're trying to mix between MoP/WoD playstyle where we'd blanket the raid with ReM's and Uplift to glory, and the newer Legion one
    Wish we could do that, with the recent TFT you won't have as many REM's out

Deleted
    I don't mind soothing mists going back like it was in the old days, I liked it more
    I'm a bit upset over losing effuse tough. I think going back to the old days, but not going back all the way, leaves a bit of a gap in our spellbook.
    Healing atm on ptr feels very very wierd. But maybe it's just a matter of getting used to. Just not having a big heal that can be cast on everybody all the time, like other classes have, it's strange.

Meh, I've grown to like the Legion iteration. Hopefully, the "old new" approach won't turn me off.

now just give us chi back and we good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Meh, I've grown to like the Legion iteration. Hopefully, the "old new" approach won't turn me off.
    Our kit in legion is basically perfect.

We have our Hot we can put on a few people.
    Filler efficient heal with effuse.
    Need big heals on someone? Enveloping mist/Gift
    Need to heal 2-3 targets at once? Vivify
    Need to heal a bunch of people? Essence font/chi burst

All we needed were some small buffs to cocoon (I would like to see 60-90 second CD) and instead they bring back the absolutely terrible renewing mist/uplift trash interaction. I will be automatically rerolling if this is not changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    I don't mind soothing mists going back like it was in the old days, I liked it more
    I'm a bit upset over losing effuse tough. I think going back to the old days, but not going back all the way, leaves a bit of a gap in our spellbook.
    Healing atm on ptr feels very very wierd. But maybe it's just a matter of getting used to. Just not having a big heal that can be cast on everybody all the time, like other classes have, it's strange.
    Soom basically fills the hole that effuse couldve been used. It is a really mana-efficient heal that requires you to spend your gcds not doing that much raid healing, with some upside (SG stacks vs instant cast heals). You should just bind soom to whatever you had effuse on

Effuse wasn't even a good filler why are people sad it's gone

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Effuse wasn't even a good filler why are people sad it's gone
    Because, even if it wasn't 'optimal,' it was fine to use, and you could definitely parse well using it, and there was enough support for it by the end of the expansion to actually allow for an alternative playstyle within purple-parse-level capabilities, which is invaluable to a spec's health.

Yeah I agree with this change.

Deleted
    yeah i also think this MW change is soo nice. It reminds me of the good old times back in MoP when the MW monk was my favorite healer <3

Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    Our new big heal is TFT with EVM.