Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately that won't happen. Some are too dug in this whole Warlocks = pets nonsense.

I certainly would not mind to see that 5 to 10% damage pet does go into Chaos Bolt or simply just baseline spells instead. Alpha Chaos Bolt does ok-ish damage, but it definitely could hit harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    And the outcome is neither frost or MM have the option of using a pet. They are clearly inferior alternatives.

In the case of MM it's even worse because now they give up the access to heroism via the pet and the speed/damage reduction/leech bonuses they offer.
    We lose access to one of our demon abilities too.

No whiplash, devour magic, cauterize master and blood pact. Other classes can cover hero or just use drums if need be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Unfortunately that won't happen. Some are too dug in this whole Warlocks = pets nonsense.

I certainly would not mind to see that 5 to 10% damage pet does go into Chaos Bolt or simply just baseline spells instead. Alpha Chaos Bolt does ok-ish damage, but it definitely could hit harder.
    I agree, they're not pets, they're minions, tools. I really hope sac is a viable alternative.

Destro on BFA is an example of pruning done well. It also is VERY pretty to play as the new art is well done though I'd love to see the green variants soon. Then again I've been playing affliction which looks like it was designed to run on a Ti-83 calculator.

The number 1 issue right now with destro right now is mobility. Compared to other ranged, especially other nuke/direct damage specs, its a refrigerator. The good news is it could be made nearly perfect without breaking a ton. Compared to MM (not BM) its laughable. Ele and all the mages outline destro's mobility issues as well.

15 row:
    *Flashover: same as is however you may cast those charges on incinerates on the move, chaosbolt is hastened but still stationary casting only.
    *Eradication: loathe maintenance buffs - redesigned - now incinerate casts that deal damage reduce cast time and increase damage of next chaosbolt X/Y%'s up to 15% bonus damage and ??% cast time.
    *Soulfire: Instant cast, same CD, shard cost removed

30 row:
    *RE: unchanged
    *Internal Combustion: does the same damage but immolate's duration is not consumed (think envenom)
    *Shadowburn: unchanged

45 row:
    *DS: unchanged
    *Burning Rush: baseline - talented/improved version drops cost to 3% and allows 1% cost out of combat for QoL
    *Dark Pact: always shields for max HP amount

60 row:
    *Cataclysm: already probably the best so leave it or drop to 1.5 cast.
    *F&B: incinerate hits for piss all dmg so really its a builder, leave its cleave at full damage or a higher (75%'ish)
    *Inferno: really a another version of similar...but I'd put the mechanic it can be targeted on a player or enemy like spriest aoe.

75 row:
    *darkfury: same but makes instant
    *coil: same
    *circle: circle now baseline and put howl here or put howl baseline

90 row I'm mostly making sure grim of sac is a viable sustainable option that scales on par with roaring blaze. I sense supremacy is going to be a balance headache down the road but for now its not. Gonna be our burst target darling go to for sure so really its balancing 1 and 3 on the line. Both theoretically work with Havoc and multi immolate dotting.

100 row I would make CDF castable on the move. It is still easily stoppable in pvp that way but gives you planable movement windows in pve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    We lose access to one of our demon abilities too.

No whiplash, devour magic, cauterize master and blood pact. Other classes can cover hero or just use drums if need be.

- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah but the imp got a new passive buff that buffs the imps and our hp by 5%. Much better than cauterize master imo.

Yeah but the imp got a new passive buff that buffs the imps and our hp by 5%. Much better than cauterize master imo.
    Not really considering the priest raid buff is better. I'd rather have my own personal dispell.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonshadow View Post
    Which is blood pact

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Not really considering the priest raid buff is better. I'd rather have my own personal dispell.
    Imp still got dispell but the cd is 5sec higher. It only lost cauterize master.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not see if Blood Pact stacks with Priest +10% stamina buff, but I believe it will, simply because Blood Pact is not a raidwide buff, but a personal for you and imp only.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonshadow View Post
    Imp still got dispell but the cd is 5sec higher. It only lost cauterize master.
    So wait what does the command demon does now for the imp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nere View Post
    So wait what does the command demon does now for the imp?
    It dispels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I did not see if Blood Pact stacks with Priest +10% stamina buff, but I believe it will, simply because Blood Pact is not a raidwide buff, but a personal for you and imp only.
    A small update here - Blood Pact and Priest buff stacks, confirmed now in a dungeon.

My one comment is that Soul fire currently seems a bit weird of a talent. What I suggest is that they build in the Wotlk Decimation procc from demonology, and turn it into a sort of execute.

I can confirm as well that it does indeed stack. I thought about it initially but quickly dismissed it. I am glad that I went back to check and you also confirmed that it is functioning like that.

Ive got a few Destro videos on Youtube up and honestly really am liking the way Destro has made out. I love having Wreak Havoc baseline and while it does still have that "core" set of destro abilities, it still feels pretty fresh with the graphic changes and the smaller changes they made as well.

I can confirm as well that it does indeed stack. I thought about it initially but quickly dismissed it. I am glad that I went back to check and you also confirmed that it is functioning like that.
    I'm assuming that is a bug. Buffs of that nature historically have gone with the higher value and don't stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming that is a bug. Buffs of that nature historically have gone with the higher value and don't stack.
    It's not a bug, you need to understand that this is not Blood Pact of the past where it was raid buff. Now it's a personal buff for +5% stamina only for you.

U could think that Blood Pact buff you Health for 5% instead of you Stamina, in which case they dont have to stack or overwrite one to another... And, if my memory servers my right, Blood Pact buffed Health before, not Stamina.

10% leech on destro would not be bad at all. They could make it a passive for any summoned demon so fuck the imp and get my succubus.

Hunter ferocity pet gives them 10% leech and heroism on top anyways.

Is destruction competitive? Is the fact its low represented only because affliction is broken op?

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Is destruction competitive? Is the fact its low represented only because affliction is broken op?
    Exactly what you said. Destro is still very competative, but overshadowed by aff because its op.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Exactly what you said. Destro is still very competative, but overshadowed by aff because its op.
    That's actually good to hear, so if not in a top tier guild and being pigeon holed into a specific spec isn't a requirement then Destro is extremely viable for anything under. Being a TBC/Wotlk/Cata affliction main, I can't stand the legion version, so im happy to go Destro!

Sorry for the derail, keep up the info, I'd like to hear how my old main is doing for a possible switch back

Destro was even preferred in progression until Argus. Method had Bangerz go Destro for their world first mythic Gul'dan.

Affliction only grew to be as "strong" as it is on Argus, and even then they only brought a single afflock to mythic argus while they stacked mages, hunters, and rogues.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=2092

Destro is actually better on average for mythic Argus than affliction by a mile, as is demo.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps

Even without taking in wreak havoc, destro does more boss damage than affliction on mythic Argus as does demo.

Yet for some reason there is this hysteria asking for affliction to be nerfed to the ground just because affliction shines in Coven and Aggramar. Who knew, the spec supposed to shine in spread targets doing well on those few fights while it loses to destro on most others while also being vastly inferior for the most important boss of the instance.

It's why I hate this popularity contest based balancing. Destro is really solid in mythic performance right now, even if the gameplay might not be as satisfying this expansion to some of us.

Affliction come BfA is nuked out of orbit for no reason than some jackasses frothing at the mouth about it.

Nobody ever whined about affliction self healing in EN or NH or ToV, it only apparently became a problem when class envy kicked in at Antorus.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2018-04-23 at 07:57 AM.