Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I retreat to my cave (house) for shelter, and I go to hunt... only my hunting is a defined time clock?
    They estimate that the hunter and gathering duties took about 30hrs a week,

So make of that what you will

Search Results
    Vice is a practice, behaviour, or habit generally considered immoral, sinful, criminal, rude, taboo, depraved, or degrading in the associated society. In more minor usage, vice can refer to a fault, a negative character trait, a defect, an infirmity, or a bad or unhealthy habit (such as an addiction to smoking).
    People referring to playing Golf as a vice, in a world where having a hobby is a vice then sure you can say everyone has a vice. But normally the above quote is what people think of, not a generic enjoyable pastime or hobby like fishing or playing golf.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Can you really trust people who claim to have no vices? They've got to he lying about something
    Defining a vice can differ from person to person.

10+ Year Old Account
    i totally do not have a elf vice. nope.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Define "vice."
    This. I don't even know what constitutes a vice nowadays. When you engage in a behavior to the point of self-harm? That would probably be considered an addiction...

I guess it would depend on how you define "vice".

Drink - I got drunk once in college, hated it, and now might have three to five drinks in an entire year, usually when I'm at a business dinner or other function where it is "expected".
    Drugs - Nope. Never done any, never had any desire to try.
    Smoking - Tried a cigarette when I was 16, hated it never smoked another.
    Sex - Normal heterosexual within a long term relationship. Never "cheated". No weird stuff.
    Gambling - Might buy a lottery ticket a couple times a year when the jackpot gets real high.

I suppose the closest thing to a vice I have might be...very rarely...overeating a food I particularly like until I feel uncomfortably full, you know that point where you realize you should have stopped before the last portion.

I don't have any vices.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone says they don't have a vice....ask them if they own a smart phone.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I don't drink.
    I don't smoke anything.
    I'm not casual about sex these days.
    Will never do drugs. (Hell, I don't even like taking aspirin)
    I don't gamble beyond an occasional lottery ticket. (I chip in for a few dollars)
    I don't have the 'net at home...so I don't stay around shitposting when I leave work.
    Most days I don't take much pleasure eating. It's just sustenance.

I guess I'm pretty boring...but I always say "stability and security" are the watchwords for my way of life nowadays. ("excitement" almost always meant something "life-threatening." So boring is nice)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    i don't own a smartphone.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Don't own one.
    The way things are going, I may not even have my landline in another month.

Everything can be considered a vice, so it seems you might just be jealous of what someone else has going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have lived with no vise for most of my life.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Everyone has a vice, some people it's drugs, some people it's shit posting on MMOC.
    You don’t know me!

- - - Updated - - -

Not everyone has vices. It isn’t often in this day and age when you actually find yourself in need of equivalent clamping pressure on two different sides of an object.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I don't drink.
    I don't smoke anything.
    I'm not casual about sex these days.
    Will never do drugs. (Hell, I don't even like taking aspirin)
    I don't gamble beyond an occasional lottery ticket. (I chip in for a few dollars)
    I don't have the 'net at home...so I don't stay around shitposting when I leave work.
    Most days I don't take much pleasure eating. It's just sustenance.

I guess I'm pretty boring...but I always say "stability and security" are the watchwords for my way of life nowadays. ("excitement" almost always meant something "life-threatening." So boring is nice)
    I'm basically the same except I'll have a drink or two a couple of times a year when I go out. I like being boring and stable, 30s are great.