Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If you were using same set of gear for all your specs, ignoring the secondary stats priority, then you will not notice any impact from having wrong choices in azerite gear. If you had separate sets before, nothing changed.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    You mean the azerite armor? It's not even remotely finished yet, just chill.
    Just give em a few hours and the screamers will start "ehmagerd like no beta ever changed anything! you are so lying! omg victim blaming, omg my tumblr!"

Sadly people can't grasp the concept of "Work in progress"

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The point is fairly simple:
    1.) create the illusion of choice, instead of just making the traits colored text on the item
    2.) getting the players to farm the same gear over and over, because just beeing done with one piece of content is a big nono.

I agree, it will prevent on the fly changing of specs, which is especially annoying for people that often help out and probably won't be getting their 2nd piece of the same item before others get it for their main spec. Essentially it's a huge leap backwards from finally having all tiersets of a class in one set rather than 2-4.
    I agree with the first 2 points, but not with the conclusion. Sets imho are something that should have evolved in the years instead of being "here's your new patch with 5 pieces locked in gear because new tier". Having everything merged for all specs was just a fix to the fact people had to farm 15 different tier pieces/tokes to just be able to play all their specs.

Azerite Gear is for sure less flexible than merged sets, but imho a better route. Here's my reasoning:
    - you WILL hunt for it since it will be the strongest piece of gear for that slot
    - being no RNG involved you can hunt for it relatively easy (no TF, same exact trait layout and fixed drop location)
    - for 3 specs in the worst case scenario you will have to get 9 pieces total (until some ovelap)
    - you'll be able to respec it, but for now we don't know costs and how often (which affects the case where you have one piece as BiS for more than 1 spec).

I don't think it'll be incredibly difficult to get the Azerite gear. However it's pretty clear that this design won't hurt the hardcore raiders who devote 100% of their time to the game o matter what (it's just a matter of how long does it take) - it will hurt more casual players/guilds where you don't have a fixed formation and multiple character but the usual "hey, X is missing tonight, can you tank if Y heals? How's your dps gear?"; it kinda sucks on this point of view. Over time the issue will solve itself with more content in farming status.

I don't think Azerite respeccing will limit the ability of respeccing on the fly. In the end, it's either you have 3 pieces for all specs and you don't need to farm more pieces or you need to farm for 9 pieces and never need to respec. All other cases fall in the middle.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    "Farming 3 relics per spec"
    Nobody cares.

"Farming 3 piece of gear per spec"
    People going batshit crazy in 0.2 sec

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I play Balance druid. Balance uses Int. Balance is DPS.

Tanks have shorter queues. Feral/Guardian is druid tank spec. They use Agi. Can't tank with Int gear.
    They also have different stat priorities, so that didn't really change much in Legion. I still have a seperate Guardian set and extra offensive/defensive trinkets sitting in my bag for when i feel like the world is to hard to not Bear.

What is really annoying on Alpha is the tooltips being wildly inaccurate if your language isn't set to english.

Like my Moonkin chestpiece claiming to buff Death and Decay for all class specific options.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I agree with the first 2 points, but not with the conclusion. Sets imho are something that should have evolved in the years instead of being "here's your new patch with 5 pieces locked in gear because new tier". Having everything merged for all specs was just a fix to the fact people had to farm 15 different tier pieces/tokes to just be able to play all their specs.

Azerite Gear is for sure less flexible than merged sets, but imho a better route. Here's my reasoning:
    - you WILL hunt for it since it will be the strongest piece of gear for that slot
    - being no RNG involved you can hunt for it relatively easy (no TF, same exact trait layout and fixed drop location)
    - for 3 specs in the worst case scenario you will have to get 9 pieces total (until some ovelap)
    - you'll be able to respec it, but for now we don't know costs and how often (which affects the case where you have one piece as BiS for more than 1 spec).

I don't think it'll be incredibly difficult to get the Azerite gear. However it's pretty clear that this design won't hurt the hardcore raiders who devote 100% of their time to the game o matter what (it's just a matter of how long does it take) - it will hurt more casual players/guilds where you don't have a fixed formation and multiple character but the usual "hey, X is missing tonight, can you tank if Y heals? How's your dps gear?"; it kinda sucks on this point of view. Over time the issue will solve itself with more content in farming status.

I don't think Azerite respeccing will limit the ability of respeccing on the fly. In the end, it's either you have 3 pieces for all specs and you don't need to farm more pieces or you need to farm for 9 pieces and never need to respec. All other cases fall in the middle.
    The whole you can hunt for it thing is nice and all, but to be honest, people forget how shitty loot luck can be. In our raid we have literally had one chest token for priest/warrior/etc at all on heroic since we started clearing it 1 week into antorus. We had some of our healers farm for that karazhan cloak for months without getting it. To get a tier set bonus all you had to do was get you hands on 2 and 4 pieces of 5 or in legion 6 possible pieces. While legendaries made this more of an issue if you wanted to be maxing out your efficiency, needing once special drop with now way to get it from an alternate source won't be much better. That is of course assuming they won't spread the same item around in 3 bosses, but I doubt that will be the case, because then we would probably see not many pieces at all to begin with and it would be just glorified tier sets again.

Given the way blizzard has designedit so far and acted, I very much doubt we will get the respec for free. You might also want more than 1 piece per slot per spec given diffferent scenarios.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-04-17 at 01:26 PM.

The whole you can hunt for it thing is nice and all, but to be honest, people forget how shitty loot luck can be. In our raid we have literally had one chest token for priest/warrior/etc at all on heroic since we started clearing it 1 week into antorus. We had some of our healers farm for that karazhan cloak for months without getting it. To get a tier set bonus all you had to do was get you hands on 2 and 4 pieces of 5 or in legion 6 possible pieces. While legendaries made this more of an issue if you wanted to be maxing out your efficiency, needing once special drop with now way to get it from an alternate source won't be much better. That is of course assuming they won't spread the same item around in 3 bosses, but I doubt that will be the case, because then we would probably see not many pieces at all to begin with and it would be just glorified tier sets again.

Given the way blizzard has designedit so far and acted, I very much doubt we will get the respec for free. You might also want more than 1 piece per slot per spec given diffferent scenarios.
    Agree with all. It's not perfect for sure, but let's see how it pans out. Maybe it will go well, maybe it will just backfire and make BfA utterly bad.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Who switches almost his/her entire gear? With how basic most classes work you most of the time rely on 1 to 2 secondary stats that are better than the rest.

As an example i take my sub rogue. I have 1 st gear, 1 aoe and an open world set, but neither of those switch more than a few pieces and that include legendaries, t21 and t20 set boni.
    Versatility is my best stat followed by mastery. Mastery may take over in aoe but versa is best for that juicy cloak/glaive burst aoe. For open world i tried to lower crit to 20% while maxing versa and mastery. I achieved that with rings and a neck.

Azerite armor not able to respec or being spec locked is a dumb idea.
    Imagine the same chest being bis for 2 of your specs but you can not respec and never get it again because of bad luck. How dumb would that be? How about you can switch talents only once a day?
    You see that makes no sense.
    Dying could endanger your health!

In our raid we have literally had one chest token for priest/warrior/etc at all on heroic since we started clearing it 1 week into antorus.
    I've heard rumours that Kin'garoth drops a caster trinket. *cough*

Deleted
    Developers said that they don't like how AP grind turned out to be for hybrids, punishing tanks and healers and they want to fix it in BfA.

But now this. Can't trust shifty former lawyers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Developers said that they don't like how AP grind turned out to be for hybrids, punishing tanks and healers and they want to fix it in BfA.

But now this. Can't trust shifty former lawyers.
    I mean... you're comparing AP to Azerite gear which makes no sense, at least compare it to Azerite which is now class wide rather then 1 spec only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vims View Post
    I mean... you're comparing AP to Azerite gear which makes no sense, at least compare it to Azerite which is now class wide rather then 1 spec only.
    I'm comparing progression that limits anyone who uses more than 1 spec. In Legion players were punished by having to grind AP separately for each weapon. In BfA players will be punished by having to grind multiple pieces of gear for several slots.

It used to be just weapon, now its several pieces of gear. Same concept of punishing hybrids, different way of doing that.

So good job Ion. Promised to fix hybrid tax, but instead just shifted it from one place to another. Typical lawyer.

Deleted
    I'm comparing progression that limits anyone who uses more than 1 spec. In Legion players were punished by having to grind AP separately for each weapon. In BfA players will be punished by having to grind multiple pieces of gear for several slots.

It used to be just weapon, now its several pieces of gear. Same concept of punishing hybrids, different way of doing that.

So good job Ion. Promised to fix hybrid tax, but instead just shifted it from one place to another. Typical lawyer.
    Sure some or all the Azerite armor can be "punishing" for multi specs however we don't currently know if which ones are bis for the different specs, we don't know if we can respec them either but they did say that they were discussing it in one of the pax interviews.

And if you want to compare a gear grind to anything from legion that was spec specific pick Legendaries instead of AP since comparing it to AP makes no sense as we still have AP in game just by a different name aka Azerite.

I'm comparing progression that limits anyone who uses more than 1 spec.
    You're comparing the progression system of Legion to the Relic system of BfA.