Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I didn't do vanilla PVP so I don't know But I do know that BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP and WoD were rewarding to do PVP for many reasons. Trade in honor for crafting mats, gems, jewels, transmog, vendor items for gold, etc. Do the PVP daily that used to reward gold for a BG win or the dailies that rewarded bonus honor and conquest points. Wintergrasp, Tol Borad, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I didn't do vanilla PVP so I don't know But I do know that BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP and WoD were rewarding to do PVP for many reasons. Trade in honor for crafting mats, gems, jewels, transmog, vendor items for gold, etc. Do the PVP daily that used to reward gold for a BG win or the dailies that rewarded bonus honor and conquest points. Wintergrasp, Tol Borad, etc.
    In Vanilla, PvP was the only way to even get certain types of items outside of raiding. Spellcaster that wants +spell damage on your weapon? AB rep was the only way to get one short of a low drop from Rag (that was actually not any better than the AB dagger) or well into BWL. Same for a staff/healer weapon unless you were a priest. Want a good epic two-hander pre-BWL? AV was your only option. Caster offhand? AV only.

It was very rewarding, and that wasnt even taking into account the actual PvP gear from ranks. The Legionaire/Captain set (blues) was actually better than T1 for a lot of pieces in terms of raw stats (more +spell damage oe attack power, but lacked resists) and wasnt unobtainable, unlike HWL gear (i made Lego as a relatively casual player).

Pruning on itself is fine, MoP power inflation was ridiculous to the point where every class had everything leading to a neverending arms race. I thought WoD was a sweet spot between "power inflation" and "too much pruning", Legion apparently was too much pruning only to be worse in BfA
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Pruning on itself is fine, MoP power inflation was ridiculous to the point where every class had everything leading to a neverending arms race. I thought WoD was a sweet spot between "power inflation" and "too much pruning", Legion apparently was too much pruning only to be worse in BfA
    You need to ask yourself why the devs are pruning like this, not just say it's "too much". They clearly have some sort of motivation. I suggest they have data showing most players can't properly play their characters if they are at all complicated, and have been gradually simplifying them to make the game better match what their typical customer is capable of.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Feedback beyond game breaking bugs is 100% ignored. I can say that with complete confidence after going through cata, mop, wod and now legion alpha. They do as they please in concern to balancing. I am pretty sure beta / alpha are just there for bug testing. Nothing more
    Last edited by Zantos; 2018-04-26 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    In Vanilla, PvP was the only way to even get certain types of items outside of raiding. Spellcaster that wants +spell damage on your weapon? AB rep was the only way to get one short of a low drop from Rag (that was actually not any better than the AB dagger) or well into BWL. Same for a staff/healer weapon unless you were a priest. Want a good epic two-hander pre-BWL? AV was your only option. Caster offhand? AV only.

It was very rewarding, and that wasnt even taking into account the actual PvP gear from ranks. The Legionaire/Captain set (blues) was actually better than T1 for a lot of pieces in terms of raw stats (more +spell damage oe attack power, but lacked resists) and wasnt unobtainable, unlike HWL gear (i made Lego as a relatively casual player).
    Yeah I remember people saying that about vanilla gearing and it did carry over into BC as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Feedback beyond game breaking bugs is 100% ignored. I can say that with complete confidence after going through cata, mop, wod and now legion alpha. They do as they please in concern to balancing. I am pretty sure beta / alpha are just there for bug testing. Nothing more
    Yeah the real PVP balancing and class changes happen now early to mid expansion. Blizz relies on live data metrics to make decisions which I don't agree with. This is because players will go to extremes very quickly (eg human racial nerf at the end of WoD with the buff to Horde Racials) due to a change that happens during an expansion.

interesting read for that forum post

i liked the part where u can tune down bosses, but you cant tune down player skill.. unless you purne abilities so much so that you have no other options but to use said skills