View Poll Results: Should LFR be removed?

Voters
160. This poll is closed
  • Yes, remove from the game.

17 10.63%
  • No, keep LFR in the game.

131 81.88%
  • Yes, remove from the game and replace with something like 'flex' raid.

12 7.50%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by High Function View Post
    I disagree on this, you can get more actual gear or content value out of farming Argus rares for the same time a day. Or even spending 35 minutes on a level 10 key.
    Looking for raid drops tier piece which are 10% dps boost for most classes and trinkets like the acrid injector. @915 it beats 970 mythic+ trinkets.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    *Oh look, I'm special I need my own LFR hate thread*
    I look forward to your responses!
    I made it about 3 lines in.

You aren't going to get it 'taken out' unless you want to forfeit the vast majority of the resources invested in raid development.

Not to mention there are plenty of LFR hate threads that exist...

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-big-LFR-poll is just one...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I agree but why not try to make a better raid like Flex raid which could actually help players who want to raid on a higher level be exposed to what a true raid feels like. Points 4 and 5
    We have flex and that still requires sticking to a schedule and having good/decent attendance. Not to mention dealing with pugs which can be a cancerous experience. I just spent an hour waiting for an eye group to form while doing my invasion and rare route on Argus. Some weeks are decent when it comes to pugging others aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply, but could you explain why? Why is WoW a better game with LFR in it? How is it enhancing the game?
    ( Not saying that your point is wrong, but I am curious to why you feel that way)
    Because without the existence of LFR then there wouldn't be nearly as many resources devoted to raid development.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

With that argument relinquished trinkets can drop a 970 Arcano which beats every trinket.
    What are the chance of a 970 relished trinket dropping versus an looking for raid trinket or tier piece your being dishonest... You also haven't told me why tier piece aren't worth farming and titan-forge make it so the looking for raid trinkets can reach 980 item level.

Deleted
    About seeing the content....Blizzard overall uses time to make great looking raids with their transits and bosses themselves, so why not let everyone see their work? People really do want to see the big baddies with their own character. Also, removing Mythic makes as much sense as does removing LFR, but I really don't want that either. Lastly, all don't have the time or stable internet connection for even flex raiding, so it's just playing something you like (this was my role many years ago).

10+ Year Old Account
    That is fine to ignore it, but the bigger issue I bring up in the post is lower population servers dying. Part of the problem is there are players on these servers, but they simply just do LFR. So ignoring it just furthers the gap between low pop and high pop servers.
    Your entire arguement is a dead horse that has been beaten repeatedly in numerous threads... Why you believe you are special and deserve your OWN 'I want to remove LFR' thread is pretty adorable actually.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leave LFR alone. If you truly truly have cutting edge achievements then you know that the resources poured into raiding have increased dramatically since the introduction of LFR. Our raids are prettier, our raids are tuned more appropriately, our raids are better. Let the plebs have their LFR.

LFR doesn't impact us, organized raiders, in any negative way. As per one of the recent Q&As, from NORMAL you can expect one high level titanforge during a normal length tier. If you see an LFR player with -ONE- Titanforge that's Mythic base or higher that person won the lottery. It's totally irrelevant. Happy day for them when they got that piece of gear, doesn't impact us at all.

The more accessible raiding is through LFR/Normal/etc the better it is for those of us that raid Mythic because it allows Blizzard to justify the resources spent on raiding. I can't even imagine caring that people get a watered down version of raids with ass gear. Who cares? Why take that away from them?

All you need is 10 players minimum and flex could allow for cross sever. You can easily find players, just take a look at the group finder for normal and mythic.
    You ever tried that on a character in bad gear? Doesn't work so well. Yeah you and I can apply to any group and get in. Try applying on a character that has gear appropriate for the difficulty. Not going to work so well, try forming your own group with said character. People will inspect you and leave.

People aren't going to start using the group finder, they'll just stop doing content, or worse stop subbing at all. Your ideas would damage WoW far more than any good you think they'd do.

Farming Argus rare is not content. WoW is about instanced content at least since BC. Rare farming is mindless grind there are better games for that. Also spending 35 minutes on mythic+ sounds good if you have enough friend who you can run with. If you have to pug it and you are a dps and you're not overgeared... well good luck for doing it in 35 min.

I agree it COULD hurt the player base but it also could make players interact more which is what Blizzard has been trying to do for some time.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you explain this?
    Blizzard explained it themselves when they introduced LFR and not one damned thing has changed since then. LFR gets raid participation high enough to justify the massive amount of resources they spend on making raids. Removing it would leave them in the same boat justifying resources spent on something that 10-20% of players use to the people whose job it is to question resource allocation.

In other words, if you want fewer, smaller raid tiers, then ask for LFR to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    About seeing the content....Blizzard overall uses time to make great looking raids with their transits and bosses themselves, so why not let everyone see their work? People really do want to see the big baddies with their own character. Also, removing Mythic makes as much sense as does removing LFR, but I really don't want that either. Lastly, all don't have the time or stable internet connection for even flex raiding, so it's just playing something you like (this was my role many years ago).
    I'd prefer if they cut back on art assets for more bosses because wow's graphics are shit and always have been but blizzard knows how to make good encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    As someone who was the recruit officer some years ago i disagree. LFR had a trickle down effect on recruitment because neither getting tier pieces / trinkets no seeing the content is exclusive now to been in a guild NOR having atleast idea how raid works in a PUG. So the strive is not there.
    Do you really want such player in your guilds who don't care about being in a guild and just want to clear the raid once? Or those who know that they can't attend regularly because of reason? Because those player who want to raid with a guild is in a guild currently. You miss only those who don't really want to be in a raiding guild. Sure you can force them, but would that really be good for you?

Could you explain this?
    Before LFR less than 20% of the playerbase raided, With it its well over 50%. Blizzard was no longer ok with raiding as it was and needed to release a mode that everyone had access to.

LFR justify's not only Mythic Raiding but all of the cost and time put into raiding period.

Don't take my world for it take blizzards.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ine-Blue-Posts
    Ion Hazzikostas - Lead Encounter Designer (Convert to Raid)
    LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.
    You want to replace LFR than make NM+ queable, You want to outright remove a queable raid mode and the rewards in it, Then you will be killing raiding all together.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Could you explain this?
    When LFR launched, Blizzard explained that it wasn't sustainable to make raiding content for 1% of the playerbase. The number of people who participate in "real" raiding is remarkably small. This means that a lot of the game's development time is being spent on content that not a lot of players do. It makes little sense to make less content for the majority of players because they're too busy making raids, so they have to get the masses involved in the raiding content somehow.
    They cannot justify making mythic raids if virtually nobody raids at all. If enough people do LFR, making mythic allows them to create the simpler LFR version from that, so the devtime is justified.

That is fine to ignore it, but the bigger issue I bring up in the post is lower population servers dying. Part of the problem is there are players on these servers, but they simply just do LFR. So ignoring it just furthers the gap between low pop and high pop servers.
    With Blizzard removing PVP/PVE servers, It appears that alot of the lower population servers will be merged. With that being said, any serious raiding guild would just server transfer.

I agree but why not try to make a better raid like Flex raid which could actually help players who want to raid on a higher level be exposed to what a true raid feels like. Points 4 and 5
    We don't want to play with people like you anymore than you want to play with people like us. You play the game the way you want to play it and we will do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Example A of the troll that does not help anything. Find post, say it has Already been talked about, offer no insight or arguments. Saying something is dead is not an argument.
    you are the one trolling us with yet another 'I'm special, I want to remove LFR' thread. If you really were interested in discussing it you would have already availed yourself of the information that Blizzard themselves put out regarding the purpose of LFR... Do you know this? if you cant answer it then your entire exercise is a waste of your time, and a waste of our time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Before LFR less than 20% of the playerbase raided, With it its well over 50%. Blizzard was no longer ok with raiding as it was and needed to release a mode that everyone had access to.

LFR justify's not only Mythic Raiding but all of the cost and time put into raiding period.

Don't take my world for it take blizzards.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ine-Blue-Posts

You want to replace LFR than make NM+ queable, You want to outright remove a queable raid mode and the rewards in it, Then you will be killing raiding all together.
    Was having slight issues finding these so thanks for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with your analogy but is there not something better that can be offered in its place?
    Yes, there is, its called removing the reason that LFR exists... and that would be the discontinuation of raid development.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Was having slight issues finding these so thanks for that.
    No problem I got it bookmarked for when these threads pop up once a week.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD