Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Actually, you do have to worry about mechanics.
    How so? They don't affect your rotation the way they do for other people who cast or are melee. BM hunters don't need to plan CD's around mechanics like other classes do, so that means they don't need to worry about mechanics.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    How so? They don't affect your rotation the way they do for other people who cast or are melee. BM hunters don't need to plan CD's around mechanics like other classes do, so that means they don't need to worry about mechanics.
    Sure, BM don't need to worry about mechanics and Cd's, not at all, so you the kind a guy that just burst on Imonar right before he jumps across that bridge or on Coven when they gonna summon norganon's army?
    The easiest part of being a BM is only that we don't cast anything, we still have to do a lot of mechanics, like soaks, specially because we don't need to stand still. We still have to plan our CD's on every fight, thats what separet Hunters from huntards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodvampire View Post
    Sure, BM don't need to worry about mechanics and Cd's, not at all, so you the kind a guy that just burst on Imonar right before he jumps across that bridge or on Coven when they gonna summon norganon's army?
    The easiest part of being a BM is only that we don't cast anything, we still have to do a lot of mechanics, like soaks, specially because we don't need to stand still. We still have to plan our CD's on every fight, thats what separet Hunters from huntards.
    To him this must be a tipical bm:

7+ Year Old Account
    Low skill cap, pets, loads of pets and high mobility. And those are extactly the reasons why I don't play BM.

I actually like the class fantasy of BM the most of all the hunter specs, by far, but the rotation/gameplay of the spec is so incredibly boring I cant stand it. The rare times I do play my hunter I play MM.

OT: Its on of the easiest specs in game, which allows you to pay more attention to mechanics and enviroment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because exotic beasts are a large draw for collectors and those who like the whole pet mechanic.
    It's also incredibly easy to play.

Personally, I just want old Survival back since it was my main since WotLK.

Was really fun in MOP/Wod kind of turned it into a braindead idiot spec in Legion but the other options aren't much better but bm is really easy to play so I'm guessing its that.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You do because Blizzard continues to add mechanics that effect ranged payers. YOu consantly have to move out of the way of the fire or AOE's the bosses are constantly throwing. Ignoring those mechanics = death.

10+ Year Old Account
    And when a MM hunter moves, they can't cast aimed shots. What exactly does a BM hunter need to cast or be stationary for? Aka they don't need to worry about mechanics affecting their rotation.
    Last edited by crakerjack; 2018-04-30 at 01:12 AM.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Easy like others have said and MM isn't exactly super overpowered or anything (which would change things for some people if it was, but its nothing special)

Also a good spec for the last two mythic fights due to all the mobility (Fallen Avatar 2.0)

It's the least shittiest hunter spec.

Deleted
    It's better than SV, and easier than MM.

few reasons,

path of least resistance, easiest spec to play and maintain good dps
    They gutted MM
    Survival is melee now

BM is the funnest, easiest and most troll spec in the game. You can handle almost any mechanic with ease and you had a powerful defensive. Also half your damage is basically passive and the rotation is proc based which requires no planning. (maybe some planning to hit that 99% parse)

MM is just a worse arcane mage.
    Moonlife, Boomkin/Tree, Silvermoon, VTX

Quote Originally Posted by turlockmike View Post
    MM is just a worse arcane mage.
    BM has less rotational buttons than a Arcane Mage :/ I tried playing BM, I picked BM at 100, I swapped to MM before even getting the artifact because it bored me almost to death.

Because it is the iconic hunter spec to many people, me included. In my book there are 3 classes that only have 1 spec. My hunter is BM, my lock is Affliction and my rogue is sub. Always has been and always will. Damage, ease of play or fotm has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    few reasons,

path of least resistance, easiest spec to play and maintain good dps
    They gutted MM
    Survival is melee now
    I'll also add that the theme is probably the most immediately resonant with the greatest number of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigthumbb View Post
    I'll also add that the theme is probably the most immediately resonant with the greatest number of people.
    Yeah people who roll hunter like the idea of having a strong pet also, NORMALLY

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah people who roll hunter like the idea of having a strong pet also, NORMALLY
    Agreed. I recently tried out MM, and I just could not take the Lone Wolf talent (which removes your pet). I just can't imagine being a hunter without a pet. I know that it is the max DPS talent, but geez! C'mon. Why would Blizz even put that in there? I don't need an uber pet doing most of my DPS like BM, but a petless Hunter....so sad

BM does good damage with a very low skill cap. MM technically does more damage, but requires more skill to outdo BM, and I'm pretty sure it's more punishing when you eff up
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Why cast fire when I have imps to do that for me?