Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Two reasons:

One, because the overwhelming majority of WoW players don't raid bleeding-edge progression content, and if you're just doing a casual Normal, maybe even Heroic group, then numbers don't matter quite as much. Sure, they help, but more casual groups can get by and probably even full clear Heroic with pretty much ANY comp. Might take longer, you might struggle more, but you'll get it done eventually. Pushing the numbers to their limit is something that only top-end Mythic groups really need to worry about.

Second, because BM is better than people think it is. The mobility and ease of play make it VERY easy for people to continue to pump out their full potential while easily avoiding mechanics and doing other raid duties. Everything's instant cast on BM, so you never have to stop moving, ever, and your full rotation is always available to you no matter what you're doing.

Remember this: At the end of the day, your numbers only matter relative to the rest of YOUR group. Warcraftlogs rankings don't mean shit. As long as you're not doing SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the rest of your group, that's all you need to be doing. My bet is, if you're in a more casual group, the folks that are playing classes that are ranked as "higher" than you as a BM, aren't playing their class to the bleeding-edge best that it can be played, and they're not gonna be doing as well as DPS ranking sites would suggest they'll be doing. Just watch YOUR group's meters, make sure you don't lag TOO far behind, and you're always gonna be good to go in that group. Even if you're the bottom DPS, if you're not the bottom by MUCH, then no sane group is gonna have a problem with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1c3 View Post
    Two reasons:

One, because the overwhelming majority of WoW players don't raid bleeding-edge progression content, and if you're just doing a casual Normal, maybe even Heroic group, then numbers don't matter quite as much. Sure, they help, but more casual groups can get by and probably even full clear Heroic with pretty much ANY comp. Might take longer, you might struggle more, but you'll get it done eventually. Pushing the numbers to their limit is something that only top-end Mythic groups really need to worry about.

Second, because BM is better than people think it is. The mobility and ease of play make it VERY easy for people to continue to pump out their full potential while easily avoiding mechanics and doing other raid duties. Everything's instant cast on BM, so you never have to stop moving, ever, and your full rotation is always available to you no matter what you're doing.

Remember this: At the end of the day, your numbers only matter relative to the rest of YOUR group. Warcraftlogs rankings don't mean shit. As long as you're not doing SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the rest of your group, that's all you need to be doing. My bet is, if you're in a more casual group, the folks that are playing classes that are ranked as "higher" than you as a BM, aren't playing their class to the bleeding-edge best that it can be played, and they're not gonna be doing as well as DPS ranking sites would suggest they'll be doing. Just watch YOUR group's meters, make sure you don't lag TOO far behind, and you're always gonna be good to go in that group. Even if you're the bottom DPS, if you're not the bottom by MUCH, then no sane group is gonna have a problem with you.
    LOL this...im 11/11 and I cant tell you how many times my guild shit on BM even though when there were 3 of us we were almost always ALL in the top 5 lol. On our first Argus Kill I was barely 2nd in dmg and would of been first had I not stopped damaging in P2 when the guy in first kept dpsing away. Also had 100+ Mil more dmg than everyone else in last phase.

BM IS easy to play but its not like MM is much more difficult and I find MM more boring than BM.

Survival is growing on me by the day but damn if i don't miss my Arcturis. Miss him bad when i'm not BM.

I play BM not because it's easy (I find most classes/specs easy), but because I like freedom of movement and ranged. Before Legion BM was my least favorite spec, but the Legion design forced me into BM. If I wanted to stand still and cast long spells I'd just play a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Genuinely curious. Out of every 100 hunters I see while playing in PvE, 95 are BM, 5 are MM, and I haven't seen a single surv hunter in months
    Because it's the pet spec and people fucking love pets.

Because dinosaurs.

1) BM bad = all talents is boring pile of ... old skills-talents that no one use like that "Stampede" shitiest skill in hunter kit.
    2) BM OP, BM hunter designer is lazzy as hell - so they took all boring skills and add them crazzy amount of damage . (and ppl just dont care if they play boring-shity spec, they wona lazzy TOP dps /petattack and be afk).

BM was best at MOP times, since then its come to be boring as HELL.

Now just lets see talents in BFA for BM :
    1)"Venomous Bite", "Killer Cobra","Spitting Cobra" - Does spec now snake centred???, 3 snake theme talents and NONE of them a poison?
    2)"Animal Companion"+"Dire Beast" in same row HELL NO, Dire beast must be baselane skill already gosh.
    3)"Trailblazer" - so boring that no one gona pick it, just make it bold +10% move speed increase.(at all times)
    4)"Aspect of Beast" - is it realy powerful 100 lvl talent? +% passive boost ( no shiny new skills with cool animation?)BBBoring.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2018-06-10 at 11:30 PM.
    My Most expected races to be added:High ELFs,Darkfallen,Ogres,Tolvirs,Centaurs,Tortolian,Mogu,Naga,Mantid,Hozen,Satyr,Skeleton,Bot ani,Saberon
    My Most expected classes for new x-pac :Necromancer,Tinker,Warden,Blademaster,Dark Ranger,Spell Breaker,Berserker,Bard

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Genuinely curious. Out of every 100 hunters I see while playing in PvE, 95 are BM, 5 are MM, and I haven't seen a single surv hunter in months
    I play it because it's great for the gathering task I have assigned my hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    BM was best at MOP times, since then its come to be boring as HELL.
    True, but remember the Winston Churchill quote:

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others."

A more relevant version:

"Beast Mastery is the worst spec for Hunters, except for both the others".

BM design in Legion sucks but the other two suck even more. That's the real answer to this thread title.

I am not casual, nor hardcore. But i wanted from START to play a bow class with pets. Thats BM for me.

Don't think BM was ever bad...just boring...easy.
    It's like Blizzard telling me I can't have a steak because there aren't enough cows left, but then tell me I can have as many hamburgers as I could possibly eat. That is exactly their logic with Void Elves which literally leaves no excuse as to why there can't be High Elves.

https://youtu.be/C2Sr-sadSk4 - Check it out, it's enlightening.

Mechagnome
    i play BM because MM has always been a clunky mess and survival hit some weird sweet spot towards the end of WotLK but was never fun again. I like having two pets but in BfA if that talent choice is not optimal i wont really care

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    True, but remember the Winston Churchill quote:

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others."

A more relevant version:

"Beast Mastery is the worst spec for Hunters, except for both the others".

BM design in Legion sucks but the other two suck even more. That's the real answer to this thread title.
    why would you want to remember quotes from a fucking mass murdering psychopath ?

Quote Originally Posted by NoShelter View Post
    I play BM not because it's easy (I find most classes/specs easy), but because I like freedom of movement and ranged. Before Legion BM was my least favorite spec, but the Legion design forced me into BM. If I wanted to stand still and cast long spells I'd just play a mage.
    But the "freedom of movement and ranged" is what makes BM such an easy spec. Sure the rotation is not that demanding either, but it is really the freedom that makes the difference from other specs. You don't have to "worry" as much.

In my opinion, it was played most in Legion because as much garbage as it was, it was less garbage than the other specs. When the choices are a stale bologna sandwich, a shit sandwich, and a maggoty pie, you pick the stale sandwich because it's the least awful of the options, not because you really want to eat a stale sandwich. Alas, as I was afraid would happen, Blizzard took the statistics of who was playing what not as an indictment of how awful MM and SV were, but as an endorsement of BM.

Neey, it's not bad. I'm pretty consistent with it (when I bother running current content). I find it more enjoyable that MM. I love using my Skoll-Hati combo and I love the mobility.
    I'm not going to talk about Survival because obvious reasons lel

I play BM because MM hasn't been good as a whole since Wrath (RIP 100% ArP) except for that one time they teased us at the end of WoD with 4pc T18. Survival was good back when it had a buff Pre-Cata for the entire raid and was fun Cata/MoP/WoD because it played like Wrath MM. But now it's melee

I thought BM was excellent in BRF tier with the set bonus and thought the only changes it needed for legion was to make frenzy non rng related and make the 2 pets baseline, but i barely recognise the class now and couldn't touch it in legion, trying it out in the beta now that 2 pets is possible with talent (hati was always hati, not YOUR pet) but the whole pet family restrictions are really frustrating, i just want my mechanical or spirit beasts to be ferocity =/

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    I thought BM was excellent in BRF tier with the set bonus and thought the only changes it needed for legion was to make frenzy non rng related and make the 2 pets baseline, but i barely recognise the class now and couldn't touch it in legion, trying it out in the beta now that 2 pets is possible with talent (hati was always hati, not YOUR pet) but the whole pet family restrictions are really frustrating, i just want my mechanical or spirit beasts to be ferocity =/
    Spirit Beasts are freakin awesome uber on the PTR atm. Guess you didn't check out the healing amount of spirit mend! Dmg wise it doesn't make a difference anymore what kind of pet you summon - they all do the same. I LOVE the way pets are now. Much MUCH more utility and flavour on em than in Legion. Funny thing tho: On the PTR mend pet also heals you for a small amount. Guessing it's a bug. Btw: You mentioned mechanical pets - they previously didn't have ANY individual skill at all. Now they have a dmg reduction shield. So they actually gained more than they lost.

Played some M+ on the PTR with my BM and right now (with our current secondary stats) ferocity pets are destroying anything with ease because of their insane leech heal. Did use mend pet maybe twice during a +3 M+ solo attempt.

because it's easier than the other 2 hunter specs