Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I played BotW on the old Wii U I bought for my missus to play Mario Kart.

Only a Nintendo fan could consider BotW "game of a generation".

It has so many weak elements that could have been amazing on current gen hardware. The Switch/Wii U are too weak.

Story is weak as fuck.
    4 main story dungeons.
    Shrines become repetitive and boring. Variety is only in the puzzle itself.
    Korok hunting is boring.
    Side quests are weak as fuck fetch quests. There's only a handful of them too.
    Less than a 100 lines of actual voice acting? In a game released in 2017? LOL.
    The same enemies over and over but with different colour tone.

The strong points?

It's Zelda.
    The weather system is top notch. Although it rains too much and rain negatively impacts main gameplay like climbing.
    The way you interact with the environment.

I'm primarily a PC gamer though I own PS4, Xbox One(set top box), 3DS and Wii U.

I'll respect your opinion but if Zelda: BotW was released on current gen hardware. It would have been a ridiculous game.
    Right
    Only a sony fan would consider God Of War Game of the Generation, it is just another over the shoulder story based action game with redundent gameplay and a generic story

Doesn't that sound ridiculous?

I enjoyed the story enough, I didn't buy it for that.
    I liked the 3 dungeons
    Yes you are right, the variety in the puzzle areas are the puzzles, genius. I liked most shrines and enjoyed finding them, especially the OW puzzles
    Side quests got me out in the world exploring, didn't buy Zelda for gripping narrative storytelling
    LUL OMEGALUL Who cares about Voice acting that much in a sandbox exploration game?
    Yeah enemy variety was lacking, agreed.

Now I loved the gameplay and exploration, it was the most fun I have had exploring a world since... well ever. The gameplay to me was absolutely top notch with tons of fun to be had with the physics, I liked finding new shrines and doing things at my own pace.

As for being a Nintendo fan, nah not really. I guess I am a fan of their games, but I don't have loyalty to corporations.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

To be honest my game of the decade for now unless something really kills it for me is Bioshock Infinite.

Burial at Sea was just so amazing.

Game of the generation no idea though yet.

Oh, I keep forgetting Tales of Vesperia is happening, which is odd considering it got me the most amped.
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Metal Wolf Chaos doesn't really count since it's a remaster, they didn't count DSR when they said they had 3 games in dev.

They said that had 1 game in a style we would expect from them(likely Shadows Die Twice)
    One game we would not expect from them.
    And a VR game.

So the middle one is still up their sleeve.
    God I hope your right but no clue when we will hear about it.

After tonight I wonder how Sony will handle PSX, They clearly notice that people didn't like how last years went. Maybe we will get lucky and hear something there but I doubt it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be honest my game of the decade for now unless something really kills it for me is Bioshock Infinite.

Burial at Sea was just so amazing.

Game of the generation no idea though yet.
    Wow only a Bioshock fan would think that game could actually be Game of the decade.
    /s
    Diablo Bore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Right
    Only a sony fan would consider God Of War Game of the Generation, it is just another over the shoulder story based action game with redundent gameplay and a generic story

Doesn't that sound ridiculous?

I enjoyed the story enough, I didn't buy it for that.
    I liked the 3 dungeons
    Yes you are right, the variety in the puzzle areas are the puzzles, genius. I liked most shrines and enjoyed finding them, especially the OW puzzles
    Side quests got me out in the world exploring, didn't buy Zelda for gripping narrative storytelling
    LUL OMEGALUL Who cares about Voice acting that much in a sandbox exploration game?
    Yeah enemy variety was lacking, agreed.

Now I loved the gameplay and exploration, it was the most fun I have had exploring a world since... well ever. The gameplay to me was absolutely top notch with tons of fun to be had with the physics, I liked finding new shrines and doing things at my own pace.

As for being a Nintendo fan, nah not really. I guess I am a fan of their games, but I don't have loyalty to corporations.
    kh3 is going to be the best game of all time so who cares which is best this generation kh3

Wow only a Bioshock fan would think that game could actually be Game of the decade.
    /s
    To be honest for this generation I think it might have to be Persona 5... for now.

Key words being "for now." I'd need to have a good think on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    kh3 is going to be the best game of all time so who cares which is best this generation kh3
    Hopes like that happened with Diablo 3, and see how that ended, may want to keep your hype train in the station til release.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Certainly looks amazing. Wish I could play it on my PC, really happy for owning multiple platforms right now.
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    God I hope your right but no clue when we will hear about it.

After tonight I wonder how Sony will handle PSX, They clearly notice that people didn't like how last years went. Maybe we will get lucky and hear something there but I doubt it.
    As someone who attends PSX it is mostly just a fan festival for people who attend it. They had the TLOU2 reveal there one year and it made people believe it was something it wasn't. It's really just been an event where they host fighting game tournaments and show off a lot of niche indy and JP games for the most part.

I would expect most big announcements to happen at PGW or TGS(if they are JP studio related) and definitely not at PSX.

Certainly looks amazing. Wish I could play it on my PC, really happy for owning multiple platforms right now.
    Happy I have a ps4, though i'm.... patiently optimistic? Been screwed over by long awaited games before.

To be honest for this generation I think it might have to be Persona 5... for now.

Key word for now. I'd need to have a good think on it.
    Wow only a weeb persona fan would think Persona is game of the generation.
    /s

If you can't tell, I was slightly salted with scarecrowz's comment

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Hopes like that happened with Diablo 3, and see how that ended, may want to keep your hype train in the station til release.
    Hopes like that also happened with The Witcher 3, Botw, God of War, etc. All critically acclaimed.
    Diablo Bore.

15+ Year Old Account
    My hype train has been halfway across the world since 2013 and has only gone further with today's trailer.

Wow only a weeb persona fan would think Persona is game of the generation.
    /s

- - - Updated - - -

Hopes like that also happened with The Witcher 3, Botw, God of War, etc. All critically acclaimed.
    Those weren't 10+ year waits though :S

Wow only a weeb persona fan would thing Persona is game of the generation.
    /s

- - - Updated - - -

Nah dw I see the /s

But Persona 5 is prob tentative. But highly likely for me.

I think the worst game of this generation has to be No Man's Sky.

Those weren't 10+ year waits though :S
    True but the hype meters were through the roof.
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    As someone who attends PSX it is mostly just a fan festival for people who attend it. They had the TLOU2 reveal there one year and it made people believe it was something it wasn't. It's really just been an event where they host fighting game tournaments and show off a lot of niche indy and JP games for the most part.

I would expect most big announcements to happen at PGW or TGS(if they are JP studio related) and definitely not at PSX.
    Ya but one can dream.

Didn't SoTC also get announced at PSX? Or am I remembering wrong? I do hope we hear something about what BluePoint is working on soon but I doubt if we will.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Key words being "for now." I'd need to have a good think on it.
    Persona 5 is a PS3 game ported to PS4! It was the game of last gen!

Game of the current generation hasn't been announced yet but will be soon...

Knack 3

True but the hype meters were through the roof.
    Still haven't played BotW, may need to find someone with a switch.... Just being cautiously optimistic on KH3, SE isn't the same as when KH2 was released, so hard to say how it will actually play.

10+ Year Old Account
    knack 3 babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy