Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"Why League of Legends sucks?"

Hey guys,

I have found this video here on the tube:

I really do think he's got a pretty strong points going on the video.
    Perhaps the title is a bit too aggressive, but what do you guys think?

I just started playing, but I really like it to be honest with you.

The one thing I don't really like, is how sometimes, 1 hero can kill the whole team if they are farmed.

That doesn't really make sense to me; in Dota 2, no hero could solo 5 players, same with HotS I think.

Again, I am new, so we could of been 5 newbs against a pro, but that's the only glaring thing I have seen happen that made me go "that doesn't make sense"

It sucks because it's rock paper scisor instead of balanced.

5+ Year Old Account
    No offense but the people that usually say League sucks are usually just bad at it.

League is objectively the most popular and profitable game for a reason.

The real reason LoL sucks is that it is incompatible with dynamic IPs, making each player to run a server on their machine.

Neither DotA 2 nor HotS have such a retarded design.

I think the biggest reason is because it got old.

Deleted
    I can still remember those old but gold years. Season 2 till season 5 it was madness all over the world. But later on Riot games couldn't competite with other companies and this survival game popularism started to increase like Fornite, PUBG and so on.

couldn't watch because of the voice. Can someone tl;dr it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post

The one thing I don't really like, is how sometimes, 1 hero can kill the whole team if they are farmed.

That doesn't really make sense to me; in Dota 2, no hero could solo 5 players, same with HotS I think.

Again, I am new, so we could of been 5 newbs against a pro, but that's the only glaring thing I have seen happen that made me go "that doesn't make sense"
    To be honest with you no single champ can do 1v5. It would also be pretty hard even if he's super fed as long as the 5-man has a proper combo (you don't even need a proper combo) UNLESS u're talking about somehow that 1 champ has 30 kills became lvl 18 while the 5-man are lvl 11, which is almost impossible.

On the contrary, I've tried to 1v5 people in Dota before. But still, same logic, unless they miss all their last hits, it's practically impossible.

Didn't watch the video cos I don't on sound at my workplace and I seldom visit these forums at home nowadays~

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    No offense but the people that usually say League sucks are usually just bad at it.

League is objectively the most popular and profitable game for a reason.
    Commercial success is not an absolute indicator of quality and it's dishonest as fuck to imply that it is.

If someone raises an issue with a game and you counter with "well it still makes money so you're wrong" you haven't actually done anything except show that you don't know what you're talking about.
    Ily mmoc

Quote Originally Posted by Reachie10 View Post

That's a big appeal to the game, honestly. The knowledge that a truly talented player can carry their team to victory takes a lot of the sting out of losing for people smart enough to recognize it. In the end unless you have an afk you have no one to blame for your losses but yourself, or the recognition that the enemy team was truly better than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awyee View Post
    couldn't watch because of the voice. Can someone tl;dr it for me?
    League sucks because it's turned into a RNG roll on monkeys and you are great you still get stuck at a 50/50 win rate if you're good, and you also waste your life without realising it because you chain together like 15, 40 minute matches in a day.
    Last edited by mmoca60dffc8a8; 2018-04-24 at 03:24 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    Commercial success is not an absolute indicator of quality and it's dishonest as fuck to imply that it is.

If someone raises an issue with a game and you counter with "well it still makes money so you're wrong" you haven't actually done anything except show that you don't know what you're talking about.
    Except the OP didn't raise any issues with the game and instead linked a five minute video. Just because they can't be fucked to write a tldr of their points doesn't mean it is on me to watch the entire video for me to have a valid opinion.

Commercial success is the only non-subjective metric to go by to measure quality, if a game is the most popular/profitable you'd be a fool to say it doesn't have an associated level of quality.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

I liked League of Legends.. I scored a beta invite because I knew someone at THQ at the time. THQ were going to publish the game before it went Free to Play. I did play it for a few years, but ... damn it tore apart my group of friends I played online with. What started as fun regular 5v5 with friends resulted in a few of them raging at each other and never speaking again... Fun!

It must have been at least 4-5 years since I last touched it.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Except the OP didn't raise any issues with the game and instead linked a five minute video. Just because they can't be fucked to write a tldr of their points doesn't mean it is on me to watch the entire video for me to have a valid opinion.

Commercial success is the only non-subjective metric to go by to measure quality, if a game is the most popular/profitable you'd be a fool to say it doesn't have an associated level of quality.
    Sorry but no. Commercial success is only a measurement of commercial success. I've seen shitty games make tons of money because some streamer played it and all their viewers followed suit. I've seen great games make fuck all money because they weren't marketed well and no one found out about them. If you paid enough attention to the industry you'd see things like those examples happening with alarming regularity.

I've played plenty of games that I'd say were far higher quality than league, but probably none of them made more money than it. Perhaps because they were indy titles, or they were single player, or their business model isn't based on micro-transactions, or maybe just not marketed well enough. But you'd have to be blind to say that every successful game was successful because it was a good game, and every game that wasn't successful because it was a bad game.
    Ily mmoc

Just like this QWOP game. http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html

Or like you can just google QWOP running game. It's a really successful game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    OMG THIS ^ <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    damn it tore apart my group of friends I played online with. What started as fun regular 5v5 with friends resulted in a few of them raging at each other and never speaking again... Fun!
    And this. Exactly.

Deleted
    If you are to dumb and have no skill for dota u play LoL. Ofc it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxzar View Post
    If you are to dumb and have no skill for dota u play LoL. Ofc it sucks.
    For most of people who play dota is largely because it is the most spread game in their game age, same to LOL, now there are more games appear to better fit the market diversification. Thus, people feel lol sucks actually is largely becasuea of their evolution of their experience with more game choices.

Deleted
    I find the game mostly the same as it was a few years back then which essentially means that if I never played it it would be great but now its just boring