Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Of course tons of people played it for the OP racial. It was one of the most broken racials the game has ever seen.

I play many belfs and this is a GOOD change. Some of them I actually would have liked to be other races but the utility of an AoE silence+resource generation+passive crit was just too much to pass up.

Although I still firmly believe they are nerfing racials that stand out as "good" so that they have more room for "meh" racials with allied races and people will still play them (looking at you Maghar).

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    You're comparing to the wrong spell, that's a defensive dispel, not offensive. Here: https://beta.wowdb.com/spells/528-dispel-magic
    That's kinda irrelevant, it just shows that said effect triggers a dispel, in this case, a magic one.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    Of course tons of people played it for the OP racial. It was one of the most broken racials the game has ever seen.

I play many belfs and this is a GOOD change. Some of them I actually would have liked to be other races but the utility of an AoE silence+resource generation+passive crit was just too much to pass up.
    Yeah. It was never enough to convince me, but I have a friend who has almost nothing but BElfs on the Horde, solely due to the racial being so OP. An extra interrupt and extra resource? It was pretty extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    Although I still firmly believe they are nerfing racials that stand out as "good" so that they have more room for "meh" racials with allied races and people will still play them (looking at you Maghar).
    Yeah, face with the choice between having to upgrade a whole bunch of racials a lot, and to give all the new races awesome racials, or just nerfing the shit out of a couple so they all sucked, they made what was really the much easier to balance choice.

Yet another reason not to come back. I loved AT for tanking, so this is some bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That's kinda irrelevant, it just shows that said effect triggers a dispel, in this case, a magic one.
    Well, you really did not made it clear. From your post it looked that you were complaining that it's only one effect, not all.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Well, you really did not made it clear. From your post it looked that you were complaining that it's only one effect, not all.
    No, just trying to highlight the point that it dispels a beneficial magic effect, not a beneficial buff in general.

Nice now i can freely change to a undead / banshee elf / dark ranger whenever they become a thing im like 99% sure it will be a thing at some point.
    Without feeling like i loose a really use full racial ( no void elf's are not the same close but not the same also wrong faction )

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    edit: btw wasnt the 2017 MDI won by an alliance team?
    Nope, it was won by free marsy, standard full of belfs team with standard comp (blood dk, arms war, sub rogue etc. that was the meta of old mdi).

We have debated broken Belf racial on and off for years. There are always some eager to tell us we are exaggerating, racials don't really matter, Arcane Torrent doesn't really matter even in dungeons because other abilities do the same thing... So I guess this change won't matter either.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

um the silence was effective back then in 2007. that is a actual buff right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    um the silence was effective back then in 2007. that is a actual buff right there.
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

have you ever done pvp or a dungeon or even a raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    Yet another reason not to come back. I loved AT for tanking, so this is some bullshit.
    Yeah just imagine being the other faction. Literally cannot play that faction because tanking becomes crippled without it. How dare they.

AT was never a problem, it's just that with diverse pool of racials something will always be slightly better, and playerbase loves to jump the OP train and call for nerfs. We already had OP troll, undead, orc, human, dwarf racials, now it's time for belf. Soon community will be crying about something new, because with belf racial nerfed, something else will be the best, hence OP.

That is the nature of racials in this game.

This is a huge buff to BELF racial.

With so many silences being thrown around since BC the silence would DR quickly. Most people used the BELF silence as an interrupt in reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    This.

I remember when people said the human racial was nerfed when it actually a buff haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Nope, it was won by free marsy, standard full of belfs team with standard comp (blood dk, arms war, sub rogue etc. that was the meta of old mdi).
    forgive me

only the 2nd place team was alliance

and it was close AF

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This just hits PvP players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No, just trying to highlight the point that it dispels a beneficial magic effect, not a beneficial buff in general.
    It's an AoE purge, what did you expect? The only other type of beneficial effect it could dispel would be an enrage, which honestly wouldn't make much sense for Belves.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    Sayonaraaa.

1 xpack of m+ is all it took after nearly a decade of complaining about it from pvpers. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    1 xpack of m+ is all it took after nearly a decade of complaining about it from pvpers. lol
    Yeah I do find that funny but at the same time Blizz will collect the racial transfer money as the next racial is nerfed mid expansion. Blizz is rolling in the dough with racial changes lately.... $$$$