Poll: Who was the king of alliance in classic wow?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Who was the Alliance king back in classic wow?

I doubt how many current wow players actually played classic wow.

Wasn't it Bolvar Fordragon because Varian was kidnapped or something? Also did you make this thread because of that "Defias joining Horde" thread?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd wager a fair amount of people on this forum aren't current WoW players.

Onyxia.
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Wasn't it Bolvar Fordragon because Varian was kidnapped or something? Also did you make this thread because of that "Defias joining Horde" thread?
    No. I didn't make "defias joining horde" thread. That wasn't me. I hate allied races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Putin-Chan View Post
    I'd wager a fair amount of people on this forum aren't current WoW players.
    So, who they are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin was King while Varian was captured and wandering around sans memory. Bolvar was the Regent lord though, which has the power of the king until Anduin hit the Age of Ascension.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Varian was king, Anduin was prince and Bolvar was the Steward along with advisor Katrina prestor aka Onyxia. Do we win cookies?

Varian was the proper king. What kind of question is that? Well actually Bolvar then Benedictus briefly when he staged a coup then Varian after that whole amnesia BS.

I know plenty of friends who started in Legion and know that.

Hell I started in Wrath and even I know Benedictus was a temporary leader.

Bolvar was serving as Regent due to Varian being captured. I believe it was the chain of quests involving the Missing Diplomat that send you to Theramore ect that explain everything. Or you could just ask Elling Trias, the guy that runs the cheese shop in Stormwind, that guy knows way to much.

Technically Anduin from guidance of Lady Katrana Prestor and Lord Bolvar Fordragon.

Bolvar + Prestor (Onyxia)

Varian was in Alcaz Island. I found him first on my server back in the day during a day of random world exploring
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Varian was the proper king. What kind of question is that? Well actually Bolvar then Benedictus briefly when he staged a coup then Varian after that whole amnesia BS.

I know plenty of friends who started in Legion and know that.
    lol.

Sorry. lol. I am shocked.

You words are exactly why I said they shouldn't remove pre-cataclysm zones.

Quote Originally Posted by cfgepmd View Post
    lol.

Sorry. lol. I am shocked.
    How so if I may ask?

Not everyone has to play Classic to know the lore for back then. That's not how it works.

But if you want to get technical Anduin could be classed as king however he was too young hence why he had guidance from Prestor who was controlling Bolvar. So technically while it was still Bolvar it wasn't Bolvar under his own free will.

So in order I would say.

Bolvar (controlled)
    Bolvar (free will)
    Benedictus (temporary)
    Back to Bolvar
    Varian

If anything I'm shocked you didn't know Benedictus was the temporary leader briefly after 1.4 since it's not in your poll. Tells me you didn't play Classic. Least I admitted to not playing in Classic rather than pretending I am.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_1.4.1

Archbishop Benedictus staged a temporary coup, and has taken the title of NPC leader of Stormwind City from Highlord Bolvar! Horde seeking to take out the leader of Stormwind should focus their efforts on Archbishop Benedictus for the duration. These changes will remain until the next content patch, when Highlord Bolvar reclaims his rightful throne:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Bolvar + Prestor (Onyxia)

Varian was in Alcaz Island. I found him first on my server back in the day during a day of random world exploring
    Would you count Prestor after killing Onyxia though?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-04-20 at 04:00 AM.

Anduin was King, while Bolvar was Regent Lord until Anduin became of Age.

Then, Varian came back.

Then he died again.

Then Anduin came back as King at age 17.

And now, he's actually kicking ass at Age 18! 18! Jesus christ...

And Garona wants to kill him now (Lol). Yeah, well...if Anduin slays her, then, it's not my problem.

I mean, Anduin did try to get murdered beforehand, by a Dreadlord assassin, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Anduin was King, while Bolvar was Regent Lord until Anduin became of Age.

Then, Varian came back.

Then he died again.

Then Anduin came back as King at age 17.

And now, he's actually kicking ass at Age 18! 18! Jesus christ...

And Garona wants to kill him now (Lol). Yeah, well...if Anduin slays her, then, it's not my problem.

I mean, Anduin did try to get murdered beforehand, by a Dreadlord assassin, no less.
    But isn't a regent essentially the King until Anduin came of age? So technically it would still be Bolvar wouldn't it? I wouldn't say Anduin was properly King until after Varians death.

Quote Originally Posted by cfgepmd View Post
    No. I didn't make "defias joining horde" thread. That wasn't me. I hate allied races.
    Good thing I didn't ask that. I asked if this current thread was created because of your participation (not creation of) that Defias thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Good thing I didn't ask that. I asked if this current thread was created because of your participation (not creation of) that Defias thread.
    No no no. Absolutely not.

well, Anduin was the "king" back then, but he was merely a boy, so Bolvar Fordragon was not only the Stormwind city leader, but the Alliance leader... kinda.
    At his side, lady katrana prestor (onyxia) with influence over Bolvar himself.
    For a little time, something like an event, i can't fucking remember, the Archbishop Benedictus was the faction leader. It was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    well, Anduin was the "king" back then, but he was merely a boy, so Bolvar Fordragon was not only the Stormwind city leader, but the Alliance leader... kinda.
    At his side, lady katrana prestor (onyxia) with influence over Bolvar himself.
    For a little time, something like an event, i can't fucking remember, the Archbishop Benedictus was the faction leader. It was weird.
    Actually I just remembered.

Didn't Onyxia die when the real Varian came back to Stormwind?

If so then Bolvar never would have had a free will arc.

Been ages since I read up on their lore stuff so I'm a bit foggy on it. If so I reiterate.

Bolvar (controlled)
    Benedictus
    Varian

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    But isn't a regent essentially the King until Anduin came of age? So technically it would still be Bolvar wouldn't it? I wouldn't say Anduin was properly King until after Varians death.
    No. It's basically just a person ruling over most things while the Kid's growing up.

It doesn't seem to be related to King. More like...a lord, but...with a higher standard.