View Poll Results: What Classic Wow developments do you think will be announced at Blizzcon?

Voters
115. This poll is closed
  • Some more trailers and vague promises

36 31.30%
  • Some gameplay videos and some technical updates

40 34.78%
  • A beta date

18 15.65%
  • An actual release date

21 18.26%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What Classic Wow developments do you think will be announced at Blizzcon?

Poll on what you reckon will happen at Blizzcon

7+ Year Old Account
    "Nothing to release, we're working on it and it's coming Soon"

Probably more centered on how they want to provide a good experience for the old crowd but also possibly new people?

Those sexy Night Elf archers from the first cinematic...wonder if such things would indicate upgraded graphics Classic. With the x32 support dropping, maybe?
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably just some news that they are still working on it and perhaps a rough release year/month but nothing definite.

Please don't fuck yourself up by autohyping. There will be no major changes to Classic WoW, so don't expect upgraded graphics and other such bullshit that would require a significant effort...

It's hard to say what they will say, because there are still 5 months until Blizzcon, if it were next week then nothing, but in 5 months many things can happen.

The game is already developed. The changes are technical, involving the database and BattleNet connectivity.

Blizzard is NOT developing a brand new game, with new monster tables, character balance, map layouts, quest interaction, or item functionality. It's already been cast in stone. No meetings on this stuff required.

There are at least 5 senior devs working full-time on this. It's not the summer intern program that retail has.

I'd anticipate a beta announcement at a minimum. Besides, Blizzard is losing ground to private servers daily. It's in their best interest to release this ASAP for $$, and perhaps make it free for current-retail subs on the 25th anniversary.

They are not losing any ground, the moment they release classic only the most piss poor losers will remain on the private servers...

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    They are not losing any ground, the moment they release classic only the most piss poor losers will remain on the private servers...
    More servers keep popping up, since Nostalrius became open-source. Perhaps a better way to say it would be that every day they don't release is lost revenue? (While paying 1 Million+ for 5 senior devs annually, or 3k+ per day for employees + X revenue per day lost with no Classic subs)

Moderator warning for everyone: There's no reason to discuss private server activity. Please see the sticky at the top of this very forum.[ML]

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ate-servers***
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-06-13 at 07:14 AM.

OMFG what a terrible, TERRIBLE poll. What a complete waste of time. Where are the options such as "its glanced over and hardly mentioned" - "we have hired the team" - "project canceled" - or "nothing at all"

so biased, not even worth my time.

i mean GAMEPLAY VIDEO>? a fucking GAMEPLAY VIDEO? do you not have the internet? are you not aware of private servers? Jesus. what a clusterfuck.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2018-06-13 at 06:26 AM.

There really isn't much to discuss. We already know what is in it, so there are only three questions:
    1. When
    2. Value of N where patch = 1.N
    3. Is there a separate fee to play.

Apart from that - everything else is history and predetermined.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    More servers keep popping up, since Nostalrius became open-source. Perhaps a better way to say it would be that every day they don't release is lost revenue? (While paying 1 Million+ for 5 senior devs annually, or 3k+ per day for employees + X revenue per day lost with no Classic subs)
    Ok, but they still can't release if it's not ready, so it's lost revenue because of solid reasons, not because they don't want to release because it's ready and they are just being assholes. I personally prefer to wait for a good game when it's ready then have a shitty game now. I see so many games released in a completely fucked up state, because of greed, I'm actually happy that Blizzard still has a professional approach and don't pull up such crap...

10+ Year Old Account
    Discuss this without talking about private servers. Per the sticky at the top of the forum. It just derails threads.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ate-servers***
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'm gonna guess "gameplay videos and technical updates". I'm basing this on the fact that I read somebody saying that they've got a stable version of Vanilla running in-house that they're testing on, and IIRC this was said like, at least six months ago. By the time BlizzCon rolls around, that'll have been another four, five months, and by then, they should have SOMETHING.

Say what you want about Blizzard, but they've got loads of experience with making and releasing games, they've done this a million times now, in the amount of time that's passed since the announcements and everything, they've had loads and loads of time to get at least a tech demo off the ground. There's no reason to expect that Blizz can't pull this off, and I think that some gameplay demos are really the LEAST they can do, in the time they've had.

Deleted
    Not much. They'll just confirm that it's still under development.

Alpha in 2020, release late 2021.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, don't believe Blizzard would do more than just, 'work in progress'. Wouldn't matter about gameplay videos, just google old ones. And well, if they make some interesting trailer, sure.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I hope they settle how Classic will be handled so that people can stop speculating or even spread false information. Showing what patch the game will start at, whether there will be a shop or not, if the graphics stay the same or slightly altered, any changes to unviable specs, other technical upgrades etc. I hope it stays just the exact same and starts at the very beginning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    The game is already developed. The changes are technical, involving the database and BattleNet connectivity.

Blizzard is NOT developing a brand new game, with new monster tables, character balance, map layouts, quest interaction, or item functionality. It's already been cast in stone. No meetings on this stuff required.

There are at least 5 senior devs working full-time on this. It's not the summer intern program that retail has.
    this! i m seriouslly laughing at people who says we gonna have "gameplay footage/video" i mean really?! gameplay of what? game that we allready know and everything happend? :O i cannot imagine what kind of stupid idea that would be. "Hello, we are Blizzard, we were working on World of Warcraft Classic for the past few months and here is video of.. of what? do you remember undead starting zone? "click" here is Undercity, and.. do you remember Goldshire? "click" here it is now we gonna show you Shadofang keep run that we did internally, we know that everyone of you did it with your group but we though that would be fun to show you how it works ^^ och.. and do you remember times when there was no LFG, guess what.. "click" and on a big screen: "there is no LFG" .. come on ppl.

Deleted
    Classic wont be released before the BFA Content Drought for sure. They aint release Classic to early cause "Millions"Of Players would play Classic instead of BFA. I guess they release it at the end of 2019 with the latest WoW Anniversary. Players will be fed up with BFA and then BOOM Classic comes out and Blizzard wins Bazillion of Players back.
    Last edited by mmocda06cab359; 2018-06-16 at 11:01 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't expect any major announces in this Blizzcon, sadly. Maybe in 2019, but good ol' Blizz is known for dragging its feet.

Since I don't see them releasing it while BfA is still relevant, unless they say "coming 2020" I don't see a release date announced. 2019 will still be like middle of BfA, Classic will likely be used to tie people over at the end of BfA like they used allied races at the end of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Please don't fuck yourself up by autohyping. There will be no major changes to Classic WoW, so don't expect upgraded graphics and other such bullshit that would require a significant effort...

It's hard to say what they will say, because there are still 5 months until Blizzcon, if it were next week then nothing, but in 5 months many things can happen.
    Most things are already updated.