66. This poll is closed
  • Yes

43 65.15%
  • No

23 34.85%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we aren't allowed to keep our knowledge and experience, I would at least like to know that this was round two for me. As in, I knew I was an adult at some point, and now I'm back to being a kid. That alone would make me think differently this time around. I don't need to know WHY I'm getting a second chance, just that it IS my second chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

If you fear death and is closer to it then why wouldnt you want another life?

No, I wouldn't want to lose my friends and family.

One thing that might be cool is all the tech that you'd otherwise not see, if you're 30 and went back to 10 years old, that would be 20 more years you'd get to live. But that really isn't all that much of a benefit.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Thing is you will go back and prolly have no memory so there is zero chance of ever changing the future so you will experience everything again.

Trust me when you get older that idea will sound more and more appealing!!

I would hope I would know what I know now and be a kid again but even if I didn't I would like to be a kid again and give myself a better start.

Like someone else asked.

Do I keep my current knowledge, and just get to repeat my childhood?
    If so, yes. I made some very poor choices, I'd absolutely take a do-over.

If I don't keep to my memories .. and I'm most likely doomed to repeat my mistakes? Pass.
    My parents were/are terrible people. I wouldn't go through that again unless I knew what I know now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, probably not. I have way more fun being an adult, that's even with having to pay bills and go to work 5 days a week.

No, I wouldn't. Can't drive, and then there's no point. Also resented school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

The healthy body is nice.
    But I don't know if I want to go through the boring school.

It depends on the past experience.
    For someone who studied very hard back in school, I am sure they don't want to go back.
    For someone who cuts school, they want to go back.

Deleted
    No. I like being an adult, having my own money and I love my partner. I hated school as a kid and I still would hate it more than my job. It would be cool to travel back to 90’s though but as an adult or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were not to keep my knowledge and I would be stuck with the parents I have, I would say no..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Do I retain the knowledge I currently have? Because then I could in theory change my future by altering the past, there are a few missed opportunities in my teens where a do-over would be a neat thing to have. Of course that brings it into the altering the past can affect the future in unpredictable ways territory but thats part of the fun.

Edit: Right not retaining knowledge takes out all the fun, I guess being free of adult responsibilities would be nice but if I can't change anything I am content with being an adult.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2018-04-22 at 10:41 AM.

If I kept my current knowledge. Then definitely.

Even if I couldn't, I'd be tempted. We saw some phenomenal technology changes from when I was a kid to now. The prospect of someone being born today and wondering what they'll see over the next 16 years is exciting. I know I'll be around then, but I'll be older and potentially less interested or hell even capable of understanding it.

Edit:

Unless of course you mean you go back in time to relive your childhood, in that case if I didn't keep current knowledge then fuck no.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

If i had the chance of waking up tommorow as a kid but with all the memories from my previous life ofc i would 100% if not, no thanks i would just do the same stupid things all over again.

Time is a flat circle.
    See you again when I answer this thread again, next time around.

If I was about to die then sure.

Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post
    Still would

TBH if i had the experience i have now i would be a trillionaire the time i was 20! I mean i was born before the internet age and imagine if i created facebook, Amazon, Google etc etc I would the be richest motherfucker who ever lived and i would easily be able to pay everyone on this website 100k and still make more in interest by the time after i did it!!!
    10$ says you wouldn't be able to do it even with hindsight. The real interesting thing about facebook google and amazon is none of them are original ideas. They are phenomenons that required a lot of things to go right.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Do I get to keep my current knowledge? if so then yes. otherwise, probably not.
    This. Or if i had the possibility to give me advice on my future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone talks about current knowledge. No one asked the big question, would we become kids in the past (for when we were actually kids) or would we become kids in the present? I would obviously prefer to be a kid in the present than to relive everything I've already done. Also if my knowledge disappears AND I would be a kid in the past then nothing would change since I would do all the same choices. If I was a kid in the present without the knowledge then anything could happen.

yes i would , in a heart beat. I miss being a kid