Voters
66. This poll is closed
  • Yes

43 65.15%
  • No

23 34.85%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I had some pretty shit experiences throughout my childhood, but there's still parts I wish I could relive. I'm jumping on the "retain knowledge" bandwagon, but if I can't, the answer wouldn't be no exactly.

I'm assuming there's a time travel element to this question. If I had the opportunity to simply revert my body, then no.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    No you don't get to keep your current knowledge. You can choose to start in years 4-15
    Then no. I'm the happiest I've ever been and I wouldn't want to ruin my chances of getting to the point I'm at cause I went through a lot of misery to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    2 things then...

1) how do you know you haven't already done this before, and just made all the same choices/mistakes?

2) why the flying fuck would anyone do this then?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Then no. I'm the happiest I've ever been and I wouldn't want to ruin my chances of getting to the point I'm at cause I went through a lot of misery to get here.
    Going to agree with both of these.

2 things then...

1) how do you know you haven't already done this before, and just made all the same choices/mistakes?

2) why the flying fuck would anyone do this then?
    That's the question I'm trying to find out. I hear people telling me constantly they wish they could be a kid again but don't really think about what they're actually saying. Your knowledge you've gained as an adult allows you to be dipped in freedom. Because without knowledge of one's whereabouts, one can't truly be free, and in my opinion the ability to have your own decisions on whatever you choose is something I could never lose.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

10+ Year Old Account
    If I would remember what I was before. Then yes I want to be a kid again. No need for having knowledge of my past etc, just the memory of what I was. I would tell immediately to my parents that I am not a boy even tho my body looks like one.

No more 25 years of suffering and wasting my life because of being too afraid to tell that.

That's the question I'm trying to find out. I hear people telling me constantly they wish they could be a kid again but don't really think about what they're actually saying. Your knowledge you've gained as an adult allows you to be dipped in freedom. Because without knowledge of one's whereabouts, one can't truly be free, and in my opinion the ability to have your own decisions on whatever you choose is something I could never lose.
    Yeah, I'd settle for being able to remember only a handful of things (of my choosing, and excluding any IWIN things such as lotto numbers, etc), but flat out NOTHING... then no.

No you don't get to keep your current knowledge. You can choose to start in years 4-15
    Still would

TBH if i had the experience i have now i would be a trillionaire the time i was 20! I mean i was born before the internet age and imagine if i created facebook, Amazon, Google etc etc I would the be richest motherfucker who ever lived and i would easily be able to pay everyone on this website 100k and still make more in interest by the time after i did it!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    When people say that, it is implied that they wish they could be a kid again, but retain their knowledge.

They also say "youth is wasted on the young", which further goes to the point, that those who have youth are too inexperienced in life to appreciate it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    When people say that, it is implied that they wish they could be a kid again, but retain their knowledge.

They also say "youth is wasted on the young", which further goes to the point, that those who have youth are too inexperienced in life to appreciate it for what it is.
    I truly wish i didnt have the info i have now and i wish i could be a kid again when i can honestly say i was the most happiest in my life.

Back then i believed in so much stuff and back then simple pleasures like candy and video games was the best thing in life and now iam nearly a broken 40 year old posting on this website on a saturday night i ask myself am i happier with all this wonderful info swirling in my brain things like death, tragedy, breakups etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

People say that because they wish to still have their current knowledge of the world... if you listen to why they say that, they all give a reason like "I would do things differently" which should be obvious that they're saying they want to keep their knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

Reread what the hell he just said. You wouldn't keep any of it.
    I know thats why i said Still would!

Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post
    Still would

TBH if i had the experience i have now i would be a trillionaire the time i was 20! I mean i was born before the internet age and imagine if i created facebook, Amazon, Google etc etc I would the be richest motherfucker who ever lived and i would easily be able to pay everyone on this website 100k and still make more in interest by the time after i did it!!!
    I wonder, how would you create those companies before the people who did? If you somehow trademarked those names, it's quite reasonable to assume the creators of those aren't just going to throw their hands up in the air for name being taken, but choose another to turn that into the success story those are today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

hell yeah.

cartoons were so much better then, i'd go back to like 1998 or so. 6 years old, watch all those amazing cartoons again through the years.

only bad part is that i have to watch them all go away again.

Only if you retain your prior knowledge otherwise it would be the same

12 year old me would have lost his shit over god of war 4 and last of us etc

Absolutely - would love to be 25 again.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

In a heartbeat.

Depends. Would I maintain my memories of my past? If not...then maybe, but what's really the point? If so, fuck yes.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

I probably would, because I was born in '79. Nothing going forward looks as awesome as being an 80's kid was. It's the only way I'm going to eat Nerds cereal again and you only open up a new NES on Christmas once in your life, after all. Would I want to be a kid now, though? No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I wonder, how would you create those companies before the people who did? If you somehow trademarked those names, it's quite reasonable to assume the creators of those aren't just going to throw their hands up in the air for name being taken, but choose another to turn that into the success story those are today.
    Iam nearly 40!

I used to own the IT room back in 1993 back when the IT teacher i had who was a cool hippie who seriously knew his shit and i remember back then he first installed the internet. Soon after i got my first computer and had internet back in 1998 trust me i would be way ahead of them plus i remember the internet crash so i would sell my stock before the crash then recover and when i do i would be a billionaire way before broadband ever hit back in the early 2000s!

- - - Updated - - -

But then why would you if you didn't keep any of your current knowledge? How would you know you haven't chosen this path already?
    Ignorance is bliss i would sell my soul to have that ignorance back again! Yes i prolly would make all my same mistakes again but i would get to feel what i havent felt in a long time again and i think that is worth it.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-04-22 at 06:49 AM.

That's insane though, how would you know that you haven't felt it in a long time? You wouldn't have your memory of not having it. By not keeping your current knowledge it's no different than just waking up on a random thursday. Everything is what it was and you don't know it as anything different from the day before. You have no knowledge to know that you're "living the good life" so to speak. Nothing is different.
    Well i know how it would feel and if i woke up back then and knew nothing before then i know the feelings i would get and tbh i had a great childhood so its not like i would go back to my childhood to get raped or anything. My childhood was great its just my adulthood that sucks balls.

No, you wouldn't. Remember doing homework as a kid? Remember it being mundane? That's the majority of your time as a kid. Just living every day not really doing anything special. You're putting snapshot moments as how it was to be a kid, and that's far from reality.

Also, maybe work on making your adult life better if you're that unhappy.
    I remember math lessons wanting to slit my wrists but that is heaven compared to the shit i have to do at work.

I know what you are getting at but its like heroin addicts who wish to recreate that first high i guess i just wanna experience that wonder i first felt plus hey its resets my date to my death where i get to spend eternity either as nothing or in hell ! LOL