Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I think that glyphs would have been way cooler if they acted like D3 runes, which enhance an aspect of the spell while weakening another. But we can't have that in current WoW, can we?
    Maybe if the same company made D3 and WoW they could've stolen the glyph system... wait a sec...

Seriously though, Blizz has been using D3 elements/names/spells/concepts more in WoW recently, I'd be happy if they took a few more.

Throughput glyphs were moved to our artifacts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    The Relics/Netherlight Crucible/Azerite are basically the old Major Glyph system.

You still pick a few out of a bunch of "glyphs" which enhance your abilities in a minor but noticeable way.
    The only difference is that you don't buy them from other players but instead unlock them through the prestige levels / reworked Path of the Titans. The effects are nearly identical.

The bfa PvP talent system is going to use this system as well and resemble the old Glyph style choice where glyphs/talents remain in a collection tab and you can swap them freely.

The old Glyphs are still here and aren't going anywhere. It's just the UI and the unlock process that aren't the same.
    Yep. Pretty much this.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    yes, fking more customization plese!

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    yes, fking more customization plese!
    For minor glyphs I'd rather take the current system, the old one was limited to 3 glyphs only :/. - - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Same. If I had my way there'd be hundreds of them.
    Wish I could give my mage a blue fire theme togehter along the lines of green fire as my warlock has. So much easy potential is missed in wow.. heck the latest spell animation upgrades could be content the players can unlock via gameplay, that way I could also keep the old ones I like better than the new ones .

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

They should never have been removed as they added great customization options, but sadly Blizzard felt that removing glyphs/talents/perks/etc would make the artifacts seem more impactful >.>

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I want cosmetic glyphs.

Many, many cosmetic glyphs.
    This so much - not sure why they got rid of the old interface either, the new way is abysmal

For cosmetic and non-performance purposes I have no issues with them. As a parallel talent system with disposable selections I never really grasped the point of them. Other than creating another profession for money making and reagent farming of course. Not saying that the current roll the dice crucible is any better, but still the glyphs were mostly just a nuisance. You had more or less predefined set you will be rolling, and that's it. Unique way to customize your spells to fit the same cookie-cutter setup as your talent points were. So why not just add more talent points instead?

Artifact weapons, crucible etc. are basically the new glyph system, so introducing it in its basic form from Wrath wouldn't make much sense now.

Then again, the thread was made from a troll account and the way it is written it seems that it's supposed to be a parody of the re-forge thread. I doubt serious answers were expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Personally I really liked the concept of glyphs.

But their iteration was flawed from the beginning.
    Instead of making them a pure DPS increase, they could have used them to alter significantly how spells work to make rotations customizable.

Just a few examples out of brainstorming:

Glyph that makes Flurry proc Icy Fingers and Brainfreeze, so it could replace frostbolt. You can tune the procrates to be similar in DPS but it would change how frost mages feel.

Glyph of Titans Grip, that makes Prot Warriors capable of holding a 2hand weapon (shield+spear?) but of cours egives a flat -% damage so it is DPS neutral.

Glyph that turns Mind Flay into a cast for direct damage rather a channeld dot.

Something that lets you customize how a class feels without altering how it performs.

And of course glyphs that could change the appearence of your spells. Like turning all shadow spells into holy ones. Or Frostfire spells for for fire mages.
    You are describing the talent system....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    You are describing the talent system....
    Yaaah not quite, Talents are somewhat adding towards the class via skills or buffs.
    These Glyphs are manly dps neutral but change the feeling of the class or how it looks. It doesn't add to the class though.

So it complements the talent system somewhat but isn't the same.