An unexpected pleasure!

So I just got home after a 7 day cruise and go to hop on and play me some WoW, when I see that I have alpha access. I'm not a streamer or anything and have historically only been invited to betas in their final iterations. Is this normal? Have any non-streamers/non-youtubers been invited thus far (including yourselves)?
    Anonymous#1-"In a lot of cases, you take away a man's tools, you take away his livelihood. If he had just brought a cop with him instead of his gun.

Anonymous#2- "I used to carry a cop, but he got too heavy and was difficult to conceal."

It's technically beta (release is 4 months out, build marked as beta) and they did their huge random-invite-wave a couple weeks ago so yeah I'd say it's normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loads of people are in at this stage I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been in for just over a month, but I usually get in fairly early

Ah ok, good point about the beta part, didn't look at the build info. Weird how they have that in there but still have it named as alpha. Thanks for the info!

/Thread.
    Anonymous#1-"In a lot of cases, you take away a man's tools, you take away his livelihood. If he had just brought a cop with him instead of his gun.

Anonymous#2- "I used to carry a cop, but he got too heavy and was difficult to conceal."

Paying my sub constantly since ~3 weeks before throne of Thunder patch and between ICC until the end of cata. Never got into any wow alpha/beta except mop cause of annual pass.
    Pretty disappointing. Been in OW and HS alpha though. 2 games I have played for like 3 hours each. I wish I could trade them for wow alphas/betas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Metzindown View Post
    Ah ok, good point about the beta part, didn't look at the build info. Weird how they have that in there but still have it named as alpha. Thanks for the info!

/Thread.
    The builds have been labeled beta since the first "alpha" build. Technically, it's been beta since the servers opened up, but the legion "alpha" Blizz decided to rephrase their betas.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Paying my sub constantly since ~3 weeks before throne of Thunder patch and between ICC until the end of cata. Never got into any wow alpha/beta except mop cause of annual pass.
    Pretty disappointing. Been in OW and HS alpha though. 2 games I have played for like 3 hours each. I wish I could trade them for wow alphas/betas.
    RNG is RNG. I got D3, HS, and I think WoD. Been playing since early Vanilla.

Also we're not in beta. We'll get a fairly substantial "Beta Build" once we're finally in beta.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So I just got home after a 7 day cruise and go to hop on and play me some WoW, when I see that I have alpha access. I'm not a streamer or anything and have historically only been invited to betas in their final iterations. Is this normal? Have any non-streamers/non-youtubers been invited thus far (including yourselves)?
    I'm in it, and I'm not a streamer or Youtuber (thank goodness). You might want to wait a bit though - there's nothing but bugs and phasing issues. In fact, I'm going to wait a bit myself.

Probably until the next expansion, this one is so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you go on a 7-day cruise, and you get more pleasure out of a WoW alpha invite, either you went on a really crappy cruise, or your priorities are really screwed up.

Just sayin'.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Me and a friend got our other two friends to play wow last summer, so around 9 months ago. Me and the original friend have been active subs since TBC (me) and Vanilla (him).

Now one of our friends still plays and the other one got burn out after grinding all his legendaries in the space of 5 weeks. Both of them have gotten Alpha invites, while me and the other original haven't.

We don't mind not getting one as we wouldn't use it, but its still a bit of a slap in the face for us.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Been playing 1 month after the EU release, very few short breaks here and there, never ever had an alpha or beta invite besides Heartstone lol..

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Do you need to be subbed to get into alpha? Because I'm just now getting back into WoW and haven't actually re-subbed yet.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Yeah, at this point they are just inviting people at random.
    One of my friends who has not subbed for months and only maybe 3-4 months in total during Legion got the alpha a few weeks ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Do you need to be subbed to get into alpha? Because I'm just now getting back into WoW and haven't actually re-subbed yet.
    No, you do not need a sub to get the alpha or play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, at this point they are just inviting people at random.
    One of my friends who has not subbed for months and only maybe 3-4 months in total during Legion got the alpha a few weeks ago.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you do not need a sub to get the alpha or play it.
    Badass. Thanks!
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much everyone with 11/11 is in. Whole guild is in for us, aside from one guy somehow...

Yea invites are going out randomly it appears.

anyone with a mythic argus kill has been invited that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Pretty much everyone with 11/11 is in. Whole guild is in for us, aside from one guy somehow...

if his account got suspended in the last year he wont get access

happened to me with legion beta even though I had the archimonde kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The builds have been labeled beta since the first "alpha" build. Technically, it's been beta since the servers opened up, but the legion "alpha" Blizz decided to rephrase their betas.
    Been playing non stop since august 05 and my first beta was literally a month before legion released. I feel you bud