Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Damn, you guessed wrong again. Don't make predictions or judging people your profession. Coming accross all high and mighty and judgemental is just so much sader than shitposting

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php at the bottom.

approx 561.000 accounts
    approx 19.600 users considered active

Across all forums and sub forums
    Anything is better than looking for attention by telling someone to bag you for posting on a wow forum rofl

Warlords of Draenor looked really good. So maybe? :O

I am afraid I will agree. When it was first announced I was pretty excited, then their class blog post happened and was even more exited because they finally admited that prunning was bad and they went overboard. Then alpha hit and every build I lost more and more of my hope. The prunning is full force again, we will lose artifact skills and traits (yes I know they were supposed to go away but the azerite system just doesn't feel a good replacement system), the gcd change is awful, yesterday they posted that strand of the ancients will also be removed... I mean the zones, dungeons and raids seem awesome but they are just removing so much shit, I am just tired of it. I simply have lost any hype I had for this expansion and expect it to be a WoD 2.0.

Yeah keep telling yourself that, while you keep attention seeking by attacking people over their post count and not their opinions. "rofl"
    Don't call me an attention seeker when you make a post quoting me, pointing at your own post count telling me to attack it /roastme reddit boy

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i am on beta from Alpha and am not happy at all so far, this might change when more content is seen? the questing is VERY clunky, more on par with questing in ArcheAge no real direction, easy to get distracted and end up somewhere random and forget where you was last, also do not like how the new city is laid out, often having to jump off balcony's or a boat to geto somewhere faster as no clear/ constructed way to the next point you are trying to reach, in addition to this many of the quests just are not fun at all, one quest had me stuck inside a cave with no clear way out so had to hearth out and another quest wanted me to put out fires with a bucket but you had to either run far away to the entrance to get bucket or the center of town to get another bucket then run far away to put out the fires, I have leveled in wow since wrath and this is by far the WORST questing experience and getting around experience so far, just hoping that the raid/dungeon content is far superior than any other to date to make up for this

Damn, you guessed wrong again. Don't make predictions or judging people your profession. Coming accross all high and mighty and judgemental is just so much sader than shitposting

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php at the bottom.

approx 561.000 accounts
    approx 19.600 users considered active

Across all forums and sub forums
    19,600/100,000,000. 0.000196%. So yeah. Even if every single solitary mmo-champs poster logged on and posted in the same thread that they all hate the same thing, an impossible task. Well, the numbers speak for themselves. I don't need to say any more.

PS Thank you Det
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I dont understand their class design.
    They are removing or dividing among specs the spells that players have used since vanilla as their class spells.

Stuff like various druid form abilities or the various hunter tools like camouflage, misdirection, tranquilizing and distracting shot.
    All those abilities are something i loved using and made me love playing those classes.

In legion/BFA blizz removed half of those abilities and the remaining half got limited to specific specs or even talents.
    So as a veteran WoW player i have literally lost everything that made me like my favorite classes.

I dont even mind the crazy reworks like making survival a melee spec, even though i loved the ranged survival.
    But removing a solid 50% of utility and niche/situational spells and then splitting the remaining ones between specs was a dumb bad design choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    They are removing or dividing among specs the spells that players have used since vanilla as their class spells.

Stuff like various druid form abilities or the various hunter tools like camouflage, misdirection, tranquilizing and distracting shot.
    All those abilities are something i loved using and made me love playing those classes.

In legion/BFA blizz removed half of those abilities and the remaining half got limited to specific specs or even talents.
    So as a veteran WoW player i have literally lost everything that made me like my favorite classes.

I dont even mind the crazy reworks like making survival a melee spec, even though i loved the ranged survival.
    But removing a solid 50% of utility and niche/situational spells and then splitting the remaining ones between specs was a dumb bad design choice.
    Yep im still salty about rogue losing poisons so assassin can have a poison build.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

The worst is they had Legion class design and threw it away because they want to make room for Azerite. But Azerite system is boring, bland and a massive downgrade from previous expansions. No logical, coherent or strong plan of action for classes in BFA.

Legion was awesome!
    I agree about bfa though. It looks like incoming crap on a cracker.

The story looks awful. The allied races were just lazy design. There just isnt anything exciting about it like previous expansions.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why people worry.Just go play the newest FPS that this generation has turned wow into blizz has kinda one good/decent one bad thing going. in theory this one will fall into people's "bad" category.

I don't think so. why? $$$$$$$$$ they know what WOD did.

this one is going to have stuff I don't like. ( M+ dungeons and AP and shitty professions. IF they are torturing us with Legion Professions again, It would be awesome to have real profession perks)

It's going to have stuff I do like. New stuff. return to horde v alliance, prob an old god and maybe some long overdue explanations about the Erethrals and void.+ Old god.

meh, I'm in for the ride, and if it's really really WOD v2.0 I'll just stop playing for a few years ago, maybe all together,

but.... Blizz has a backup. "classic wow" which although I'm not investing years of my life into again, I'll play, as will Millions of others.
    It'll be ok.

I honestly don't know what to do. Legion class design was pretty bad. I've played all specs, at least to the point of getting all 36 mage tower challenges, with some mixed Mythic raiding in EN/NH and casually AotC throughout. I've raided US 65th in MoP, US top 200 in WoD. It's hard to find a spec that's designed well.

Original Machine Gun Frost DK, especially with Frostscythe. Depth, management, interaction. I actually really liked this spec, even if it operated a bit backwards. New MG specs are just faceroll, and even the original spec with Runic Attenuation got a little too faceroll.

WW Monk isn't too bad. Missing something, not sure what. The gaps between RSKs can be a little droning, along with the inability to properly handle chi overflow.

Sin Rogue feels like it's one button press away from greatness. Maybe if Poison Bomb was a charge based ability like most people wanted.

But BfA just takes more than it gives. With most specs there literally isn't enough room in Azerite gear to fix the gaps Blizzard is creating. On top of that every spec is being artificially slowed down and some actually slowed down on top of that.

I've played Arms, Fury, MM, WW, Havoc, Demo, and Sin so far on the beta. Of those only Demo feels fun.

Arms, Fury, and MM absolutely feel awful when pressing CDs. I seriously feel like I shouldn't be pressing them. It's more fun to not press them unless I have nothing else to press.

I miss playing fast specs where what I press matters. SoO Enhance and Fury were my favorite specs, Fury of all time. Gladiator from WoD. MW in HFC (though all 3 monks specs were playable). Hell, I still complain about Arcane in HFC but that was still pretty fun to play.

What the hell is wrong with tanking? How did Brewmaster not only survive an entire xpac on that playstyle but actually brought it forward to BfA? What happened to the Holy Power interactions with Prot Pally, where I had so much more control over the flow of my rotation? Why is Prot War literally 2 buttons without a proc, and 3 with?

Healers actually seem fine in Legion. t19 Druid with shoulders was actually pretty fun. Priest with Binding Heal is pretty good. I'm going to pretend this iteration of MW never existed. Rsham is much slower than my SoO experience, but has plenty of stuff to do. Unfortunately the casual team that has been keeping me playing despite not raiding seriously doesn't need any healers in the slightest.

But really, if I don't want to heal, where is my place in WoW? In MoP, my favorite expansion, there was a place for all players. But in Legion and BfA I feel like if I want to DPS there simply isn't a place for me. There isn't a spec that gives me the fast-paced skill-based gameplay that I miss from SoO. Am I just supposed to quit at this point? Find another game? Raiding in WoW from WotLK to MoP and even to WoD was the most fun I've ever had in video games. I miss it, honestly. Legion just does not pack the same oomph, even with its great content, and BfA is intentionally toning down that oomph. What do I do?

Here's to hoping Demo with certain talents doesn't suck I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by nullKomplex View Post
    I honestly don't know what to do. Legion class design was pretty bad. I've played all specs, at least to the point of getting all 36 mage tower challenges, with some mixed Mythic raiding in EN/NH and casually AotC throughout. I've raided US 65th in MoP, US top 200 in WoD. It's hard to find a spec that's designed well.

Original Machine Gun Frost DK, especially with Frostscythe. Depth, management, interaction. I actually really liked this spec, even if it operated a bit backwards. New MG specs are just faceroll, and even the original spec with Runic Attenuation got a little too faceroll.

WW Monk isn't too bad. Missing something, not sure what. The gaps between RSKs can be a little droning, along with the inability to properly handle chi overflow.

Sin Rogue feels like it's one button press away from greatness. Maybe if Poison Bomb was a charge based ability like most people wanted.

But BfA just takes more than it gives. With most specs there literally isn't enough room in Azerite gear to fix the gaps Blizzard is creating. On top of that every spec is being artificially slowed down and some actually slowed down on top of that.

I've played Arms, Fury, MM, WW, Havoc, Demo, and Sin so far on the beta. Of those only Demo feels fun.

Arms, Fury, and MM absolutely feel awful when pressing CDs. I seriously feel like I shouldn't be pressing them. It's more fun to not press them unless I have nothing else to press.

I miss playing fast specs where what I press matters. SoO Enhance and Fury were my favorite specs, Fury of all time. Gladiator from WoD. MW in HFC (though all 3 monks specs were playable). Hell, I still complain about Arcane in HFC but that was still pretty fun to play.

What the hell is wrong with tanking? How did Brewmaster not only survive an entire xpac on that playstyle but actually brought it forward to BfA? What happened to the Holy Power interactions with Prot Pally, where I had so much more control over the flow of my rotation? Why is Prot War literally 2 buttons without a proc, and 3 with?

Healers actually seem fine in Legion. t19 Druid with shoulders was actually pretty fun. Priest with Binding Heal is pretty good. I'm going to pretend this iteration of MW never existed. Rsham is much slower than my SoO experience, but has plenty of stuff to do. Unfortunately the casual team that has been keeping me playing despite not raiding seriously doesn't need any healers in the slightest.

But really, if I don't want to heal, where is my place in WoW? In MoP, my favorite expansion, there was a place for all players. But in Legion and BfA I feel like if I want to DPS there simply isn't a place for me. There isn't a spec that gives me the fast-paced skill-based gameplay that I miss from SoO. Am I just supposed to quit at this point? Find another game? Raiding in WoW from WotLK to MoP and even to WoD was the most fun I've ever had in video games. I miss it, honestly. Legion just does not pack the same oomph, even with its great content, and BfA is intentionally toning down that oomph. What do I do?

Here's to hoping Demo with certain talents doesn't suck I suppose.
    Good post.

Let me add that a lot of classes and specs still have dead talents and release for prepatch is two months away.

i am not impressed thus far in beta. i know it's beta. but if this is just the polishing stage...oh boy...
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

As long as there are some satisfying mythic raid kills involved, I can adapt to most changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquiraj View Post
    Legion was awesome!
    I agree about bfa though. It looks like incoming crap on a cracker.

The story looks awful. The allied races were just lazy design. There just isnt anything exciting about it like previous expansions.
    if anything the lore is one of the strongest point in this expansion...
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    i am not impressed thus far in beta. i know it's beta. but if this is just the polishing stage...oh boy...
    It is the polishing state. Believe me, it's so much overwork needs to be done, and they already released the release date. And in 3 1/2 months there is no more overwork: heck, this time alone is needed to fix all bugs. Even then, 3 1/2 months is quite a narrow timeline for this; take PTR-Testphases alone for patches a month, sometimes even more.

No, there will be maybe some additions, but all in all it's finished.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    its the main reason I stopped playing Alpha/beta.
    Id rather just wait till the expansion comes out then decide
    I dont regret buying the deluxe version, Because if we are proved correct this is WOD II.
    they wiil have to act and sort it out faster that before.

Class design and story direction are my biggest worries. And if the devs really cant see
    a lot of those concerns have been aired since the alpha invites went out. It makes the entire point
    of asking for feedback pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    if anything the lore is one of the strongest point in this expansion...
    If you are horde, then yes; ion already showed his horde-preference, so if you play this faction, at least your leveling-experience will be quite good. But for the other half it's horrible.

But good lore alone does not change the fact of bad class design; so even if the lore is at least good on horde site, the horrible class design this expansion will still not make it enjoyable.

And if you play alliance, you have both bad class design and bad lore. And two minuses does not make it a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    I don't see why people worry.Just go play the newest FPS that this generation has turned wow into blizz has kinda one good/decent one bad thing going. in theory this one will fall into people's "bad" category.

I don't think so. why? $$$$$$$$$ they know what WOD did.

this one is going to have stuff I don't like. ( M+ dungeons and AP and shitty professions. IF they are torturing us with Legion Professions again, It would be awesome to have real profession perks)

It's going to have stuff I do like. New stuff. return to horde v alliance, prob an old god and maybe some long overdue explanations about the Erethrals and void.+ Old god.

meh, I'm in for the ride, and if it's really really WOD v2.0 I'll just stop playing for a few years ago, maybe all together,

but.... Blizz has a backup. "classic wow" which although I'm not investing years of my life into again, I'll play, as will Millions of others.
    It'll be ok.
    Thinking "Millions" of people will play Classic wow OmegaLUL.

MAYBE that many will log in one time ever, but the consistent amount of people playing classic will be very low in comparison, and after a few months when people realize no new content will ever be added they'll realize how dumb it was.