Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Leveling alts quite slow now, how do I do it fast?

I can't remember it being this slow the last time I leveled an alt. I just started a void elf priest to level for BFA and it's so slow to level. What would be the fastest way to level to 110?

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I can't remember it being this slow the last time I leveled an alt. I just started a void elf priest to level for BFA and it's so slow to level. What would be the fastest way to level to 110?
    Stop posting. Keep dungeoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Stop posting. Keep dungeoning.
    I've been in queue for a dungeon for 10+ minutes now, missing tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeons once for quests. Dungeon grinds are useless.
    Zone questing.
    Heirlooms if you have them.

There you go. Step-by-step guide to leveling quickly.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    lol blizzard can't fuken win can they :]]]]

7+ Year Old Account
    Mmm... get yourself a "method zero," I guess? Using a high level alt/friend/whoever to run the dungeon for you. Not sure if there's a trick to it.

Only real tips are "fly in Draenor with Treasures + XP potions," and "Demon Invasions in the Broken Islands."
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Honestly just try to stick to the zones that would typically be considered "starter," because they have the quests closely packed together so you can get pretty good xp/hour. Other than that, just find a zone you like or at least don't mind and go to town with it while in dungeon queues.

There's a thread that several folks have posted their success stories in with tips and stuff to help it go by faster. Hope it helps.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...stest+leveling

Blizzard increased the time to level to keep folks subbed during the pre-expansion content drought.

Getting a high level to run you through dungeons is the fastest way, other than that, just have to suffer through the slow leveling.

It's really bad from 60-80 or so. I believe at 72-73 you can solo Karazhan trash, that speeds up the grind to 80 or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grab a second monitor and watch Netflix on it. It'll actually be slower, but it'll feel faster.

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Buying the boost
    Then I can't get the armor. If it was not for the armor, I would have paid for a boost already.

buy char boost

thats why they made leveling utter untorelable shit so people keep buying those boosts instead level up

- - - Updated - - -

Then I can't get the armor. If it was not for the armor, I would have paid for a boost already.
    and system working as intended - while game is going straight to garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternate between Disc/Holy. I just leveled up a VE Priest and it did not take too long.

I made sure I had heirloom gear all set to go, avoided professions until later, and stuck with zones that have quests that are close together. As soon as they became spread out I would move to another zone.

Once you hit 71 go to Kara and start trash clearing as Holy. Spam HN and keep yourself topped off. Clear all the trash up to Morose, the hall to the right of the entrance that has the dogs, spiders, bats, and the horses on the way to the Huntsman. Don't kill bosses and reset once trash is cleared. You can get up to level 81 in under 3 hours this way.

After that hit Panda land. (Avoid Cata zones, they are way too spread out and quests are not as clumped as Mists zones).

At 90 go for all the bonus objectives/chests in warlords if you have flying. (You will want to build up your base as well for xp potions). If you don't have Warlords flying it will slow it down a bit, and you will just have to stick with questing/bonus objectives. All in all you SHOULD be able to knock out Warlords in a few hours.

At 98 you can also grab your artifact weapon and then head back to Warlords. It will make it go a bit faster until 100.

At 100 do your standard Legion stuff, but make sure you do zone invasions whenever they pop. You will get a level and some change easily every time one is up.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

I know its dreadful. I'm waiting for the prepatch. Maybe it will be an XP bonanza like Legion.

Deleted
    Run a dungeon once for the quests, then do world quest, zones with tons of quests grouped together

As i heard Legion ins't quite Friendly for leveling alt,but you can correct me if i'am wrong because i didn't level an alt for a long time.

Click my signature. It's the culmination of several threads, and MANY leveling experiments since 7.3.5.

Technically the fastest way is to swipe your credit card and buy a boost.

Barring that is to dual box with a 110 using dungeon runs:
    • Stockades or RFC til 37,
    • Stratholm Main gate til 60
    • Ramparts til 82(save quests turn in here to push through to 83. You might have to run a couple other TBC dungeons real fast)
    • Lost city of Tol'Vir 83-90
    • Solo WoD treasures to 98(go get artifact)
    • Solo WoD treasures to 101(bonus objectives if you run out)
    • Invasions and questing to 110

If you can't dual box, then use Method-0. Youtube it.
    • Stockades or RFC til 58
    • Ramparts or Kara trash runs til 82(save quests turn in here to push through to 83. You might have to run a couple other TBC dungeons real fast)
    • Lost city of Tol'Vir 83-90
    • Solo WoD treasures to 98(go get artifact)
    • Solo WoD treasures to 101(bonus objectives if you run out)
    • Invasions and questing to 110

If you don't want to mess around with method 0, just follow my signature list.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-05-10 at 07:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't. You just quest and queue for a dungeon while you quest, eventually it'll pop and you do it and the quests associated with the dungeon, then back to questing while queued again. Really not much else to it sadly. Find zones that have quests that aren't too spread, cuts down wait time on exp gain tremendously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Barring that is to dual box with a 110 using dungeon runs:
    Wait, didn't they reduce the exp from dungeon runs because of this very method people were spamming?

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Wait, didn't they reduce the exp from dungeon runs because of this very method people were spamming?
    They did. But they just turned it down from ludicrous speed to really-really-fast.

It's still faster than any other method. I've tested.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-05-10 at 07:33 AM.

Deleted
    I'm currently leveling my second allied race alt, only because of the heritage armor, because I already have all the classes leveled, some of them twice. For me it was dungeon queueing as tank or healer til lvl 58 (dps is easier but takes a lot more of time to get the dungeons to pop-up), and after that I used the rush-yourself method in rampages til 80 (4 times aprox. for a level). After that Pandaria, WoD and Draenor are quite doable while queueing and questing, not as boring as the old content for me.