Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

NRA Declares War on Yeti Coolers

I'm having doubts the NRA is actually supporting Responsible Gun Ownership. It looks like more and more of their supporters are treating guns as a fashion accessory or a toy for acting out revenge fantasies.

Yeti manufactures rugged outdoor coolers that are normally quite pricey, as a single Yeti cooler costs between $250 and $350. Although traditionally loved by hunters, Yeti this past weekend angered many of its own gun-toting customers when it cut ties with the National Rifle Association.

The howls of protests from NRA members included outraged gun owners filming themselves defacing and even shooting their Yeti coolers. Below are some of the videos of people destroying their expensive coolers.

Gun nuts are shooting their $300 Yeti coolers after the company cut ties with the NRA

Slashed Yoga pants, totally practical for handling firearms and explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I'm having doubts the NRA is actually supporting Responsible Gun Ownership. It looks like more and more of their supporters are treating guns as a fashion accessory or a toy for acting out revenge fantasies.

Yeti manufactures rugged outdoor coolers that are normally quite pricey, as a single Yeti cooler costs between $250 and $350. Although traditionally loved by hunters, Yeti this past weekend angered many of its own gun-toting customers when it cut ties with the National Rifle Association.

The howls of protests from NRA members included outraged gun owners filming themselves defacing and even shooting their Yeti coolers. Below are some of the videos of people destroying their expensive coolers.

Gun nuts are shooting their $300 Yeti coolers after the company cut ties with the NRA

Slashed Yoga pants, totally practical for handling firearms and explosives.

why does it matter if she's wearing yoga pants?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

They're shooting their own property. Yeti already got your money, you're just making a fool out of yourself at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Nothing says responsible gun owner like shooting a symbol of a group you disagree with.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

This is what happens when your ego is fragile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    why does it matter if she's wearing yoga pants?
    Polyesters and lycra are very flammable, asking for trouble to be wearing them handling explosives and other flammables. Powderburn gets worse when the plastic melts in your skin.

But I have a strong belief in being a responsible owner... and safety first.

Dunno what your deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Nothing says responsible gun owner like shooting a symbol of a group you disagree with.
    Damn, this is good.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's their own crap. Would you rather they shoot up a couple schools? If this is all the professional protest group you are a part of can muster up to take issue with, you folks need to find some new material.

Dunno what your deal is.
    Why are you dropping these petty notes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I wanna buy Yeti.

...and not destroy what I paid for...
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    This is what happens when your ego is fragile.
    Lol. I came so close to calling all the pissed off rednecks at work who were upset about this "little snowflakes."

I probably wouldn't have walked out of there if I did....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    It's their own crap. Would you rather they shoot up a couple schools? If this is all the professional protest group you are a part of can muster up to take issue with, you folks need to find some new material.
    I think the issue is that this is indicative of a problem - a lot (not all, but a good portion) of the more redneck gun owners are showing exactly why they shouldn't have guns. Don't like an ideal, symbol, group, or something else? Shoot it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why are you dropping these petty notes?
    I was just pointing out how you two came into the thread with your posts framed in conflict language directed at me. Totally uninterested at the real safety issues being promoted by these gun enthusiasts.

Peace

I was just pointing out how you two came into the thread with your posts framed in conflict language directed at me. Totally uninterested at the real safety issues being promoted by these gun enthusiasts.

Peace
    People are taking you less seriously with every post you make.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Peace
    What are you talking about? my post "They're shooting their own property. Yeti already got your money, you're just making a fool out of yourself at this point." is about these nuts shooting their own stuff. Why are you making up shit just to cause drama?

Sooo... what's the actual safety objection? Guns are for shooting things. If someone shoots their own thing as a means of demonstrating that they don't support the company that makes it going forward, why am I supposed to be bothered by that?

Personally, I'm not much of a boycotter and don't really get the passion for a lot of this kind of thing, but it doesn't seem any dumber to me than the trillion other public displays of aggravation with corporate practices.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Can there be more than those two choices? This is the main problem with the NRA and it's membership - shortsightedness and ridiculous (and idiotic) protests.

Could we take up responsible gun ownership? Could we take up an adult conversation as to why so many places are cutting ties with the NRA, to the detriment of their bottom line?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I think the issue is that this is indicative of a problem - a lot (not all, but a good portion) of the more redneck gun owners are showing exactly why they shouldn't have guns. Don't like an ideal, symbol, group, or something else? Shoot it!
    Seems like in both of those it was done in a controlled and safe manner. It's their own crap, if they want to use it as target practice, it's not an issue so long as they are doing it responsibly.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best part about this is if liberals were doing this, the same people in these videos will most likely be screaming "triggered snowflakes".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Can there be more than those two choices? This is the main problem with the NRA and it's membership - shortsightedness and ridiculous (and idiotic) protests.

Could we take up responsible gun ownership? Could we take up an adult conversation as to why so many places are cutting ties with the NRA, to the detriment of their bottom line?
    Ridiculous seems rather subjective. If NRA members want to protest on private property in a safe manner, who cares? It's not like these people are shooting a cooler and a cup in the middle of a public place. This isn't going to keep companies from pulling support, so let these people have at it.