Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And from what I was hearing yesterday, they haven't even put the hearing back on the books.

The mosty absurd part about all of this... Fox is trying to put the blame on Obama. Seriously, I'm not joking.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...mediately.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Off topic for sec, but I watched that Andre the Giant Doc on HBO. It was good, but they talked about all the local promotions, I never knew it was that crazy back in the day. I'm excited for when someone does a doc on that.
    That’s the sad thing about pro wrestling... there are a lot of compelling stories, but it’s such low brow entertainment, that it takes a street artist to get any attention. That “OBAY” street art with his face, is the only reason Andre’s story was told. A story from largely WWE perspective. It would be different if it were one told by a Japanese promoter that booked Andre as a villain or any documentary that would be willing to take shots at WWE without their blessing.

An example... Vince had a bad relationship with Randy Savage, while are still revamping Ultimate Warrior’s image... even after his death. The HBO story focused on the conflict Andre had with Savage, even though his conflict with Warrior was more interesting, since warrior was a moron. There are stories of Andre asking the warrior to go easy on the running close line, because Andre was ill and could hardly stand anymore. The fucker ignored him and kept doing it with full speed runing the ropes, several times a week. Until Andre lifted his arm and the dumb shit warrior knocked him self out cold, running into his fist... I cannot confirm that Andre said “beep beep” as it happened...

Oh and the real reason Hogan was afraid that Andre would back out on the finish, is because of what he did to Verne Gange of AWA. Who was so upset at Hogan leaving for WWF at the time, it was widely known that the Iron Shiek was offered a large amount of money, to “accidentally” break Hogan’s leg. Shiek was too honorable of a man and refused to do it, but Hogan was paranoid about everyone after that.

What happens behind the scenes is a lot more interesting than the stories they write. It’s why they had such a boom in the 90s with their “real tv” stuff. I call pro wrestling the canary in the social coal mine, due to the nature of getting “heat” by a villain.

Sorry... to go off topic... I heart wrestling...

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Rumor has it the thing between Vince and Randy was because Randy tried to get it on with Stephanie.
    Not posting again on the subject, so editing... but, yes... the rumor is that Randy, got randy, with a very young Stephany McMahon. I am inclined to believe it... Eric Bishoff, who said his mission was to destroy the WWF, and was very close to doing it... was welcomed back. Jim Hewlig, aka Ultimate Warrior, was welcomed back and idolized, despite being an alt-right nut job, years before it was cool. Randy Savage never got a call back... he got in WWE hall of fame, the year after he died...
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-04-25 at 01:32 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s the sad thing about pro wrestling... there are a lot of compelling stories, but it’s such low brow entertainment, that it takes a street artist to get any attention. That “OBAY” street art with his face, is the only reason Andre’s story was told. A story from largely WWE perspective. It would be different if it were one told by a Japanese promoter that booked Andre as a villain or any documentary that would be willing to take shots at WWE without their blessing.

An example... Vince had a bad relationship with Randy Savage, while are still revamping Ultimate Warrior’s image... even after his death. The HBO story focused on the conflict Andre had with Savage, even though his conflict with Warrior was more interesting, since warrior was a moron. There are stories of Andre asking the warrior to go easy on the running close line, because Andre was ill and could hardly stand anymore. The fucker ignored him and kept doing it with full speed runing the ropes, several times a week. Until Andre lifted his arm and the dumb shit warrior knocked him self out cold, running into his fist... I cannot confirm that Andre said “beep beep” as it happened...

Sorry... to go off topic... I heart wrestling...
    Rumor has it the thing between Vince and Randy was because Randy tried to get it on with Stephanie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, looks like the hits keep on coming. In 2015 he got drunk on an overseas trip and started banging on a female co-workers hotel door.

Apparently, the SS got involved before he woke Obama.

I'd say "so that's why Trump likes him" but I'm not sure he does. He just said, in public, if he was Jackson he wouldn't take the job, he'd step aside. That sounds like a suggestion to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, so my thoughts about his improperly dispensing meds was right, he was very loose with his prescriptions.

He is the opioid crisis.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hah, so my thoughts about his improperly dispensing meds was right, he was very loose with his prescriptions.

He is the opioid crisis.
    Is your avatar the moment Alex Jones says "is no one pure in this world?" in reference to Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    Is your avatar the moment Alex Jones says "is no one pure in this world?" in reference to Trump?
    Yes, yes it is.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Just in case you haven't caught up yet (chugging kool-aid with your eyes closed can make you lose track of time),...

You need to wake the fuck up.

I think ol' Stormdash here got 'bed spin' from it and fell down.

lol

The fact is, the good Dr. Jackson got the nom simply because he proved he'll polish Trump's knob sufficiently, and will follow orders to privatize the VA, something the previous director would not go through with and was fired for.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    You really can't make up something like Alex Jones.

Well, unless you're Alex Jones I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Once formally nominated, all delays are by the intentional choice of Chuck Schumer. It has been his decision as minority leader to max out all allotted debate time on all confirmations since start of Trump's term, which is why well over a year into it, it is still quite slow going. Only thing McConnell could do to speed things up is keep the Senate in session round the clock, but Senators are not exactly a nose to the grindstone bunch by nature.
    Are you still going to blame this on Schumer?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Are you still going to blame this on Schumer?
    Of course he is. Can't blame it on Trump and his fondness for having his balls washed by anyone that will do it for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, What He Meant Was came out and said Trump used three things to vet this guy.

One, the FBI background checks. He's been around a while and had several.
    Two, Trump likes him.
    Three, "there's a number of things". Unspecified.

Now, based on a serial wife beater being part of the WH, we know #1 is bullshit. Trump clearly doesn't care about background checks.

And if you can't say what #3 is, then, I'm going to call bullshit on that, too.

Also, Trump personally knows this guy lies. Trump is not one inch/one pound from being obese. That's also bullshit.

Basically, What He Meant Was had this dumped in her lap, and now has to defend how Trump is looking to promote a person, who by all current evidence, is questionably unfit for the role he's in right now. Her job sucks.

So, What He Meant Was came out and said Trump used three things to vet this guy.

One, the FBI background checks. He's been around a while and had several.
    Two, Trump likes him.
    Three, "there's a number of things". Unspecified.

Now, based on a serial wife beater being part of the WH, we know #1 is bullshit. Trump clearly doesn't care about background checks.

And if you can't say what #3 is, then, I'm going to call bullshit on that, too.

Also, Trump personally knows this guy lies. Trump is not one inch/one pound from being obese. That's also bullshit.

Basically, What He Meant Was had this dumped in her lap, and now has to defend how Trump is looking to promote a person, who by all current evidence, is questionably unfit for the role he's in right now. Her job sucks.
    She loves her job. It's the highest she'll ever get.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    She loves her job. It's the highest she'll ever get.
    It certainly is now, at any rate.

Her job sucks.
    Her job basically boils down to three steps:

1. Lie
    2. If that doesn't work, use irritated and condescending tone of voice
    3. If that doesn't work, say "I would refer you to (random person in administration)"

It takes a spiteful, despicable person full of hate and anger to pull it off. That's why Spicey didn't last. But she's perfect for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calls start to pile up for Candy Man to withdraw his name.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, I found the cause of the opioid epidemic!

A new memo from the top Democrat on the Veterans Affairs Committee contains a slew of new allegations against President Trump’s pick to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs, including that he passed out controlled substances to anyone who asked.

Witnesses allege that Ronny Jackson wrote himself prescriptions and on at least one occasion during the Obama presidency, “could not be reached when needed because he was passed out drunk in his hotel room,” according to the memo.

The newest report alleges that at one point, Jackson provided a “large supply” of the opioid painkiller Percocet to a White House military office staff member. When Jackson’s medical staff discovered the missing tablets, it threw them “into a panic,” according to the report.

Jackson is also accused of handing out the prescription sleeping drug Ambien, as well as Provigil, a stimulant, on Air Force One without noting a patient’s medical history. The report notes those drugs are “controlled substances that require tracking.”

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Only the best people!

- - - Updated - - -

Once formally nominated, all delays are by the intentional choice of Chuck Schumer. It has been his decision as minority leader to max out all allotted debate time on all confirmations since start of Trump's term, which is why well over a year into it, it is still quite slow going. Only thing McConnell could do to speed things up is keep the Senate in session round the clock, but Senators are not exactly a nose to the grindstone bunch by nature.
    I think back on the nomination of Merrick Garland to the SCOTUS.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we should listen to 2015 Mitch McConnell and not have a SCOTUS vote during an election year. It makes it too political...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...hearing-546408

Apparently this guy is losing favor with both Democrats and Republicans. He was going to be voted on this week but it has now been postponed with no new date for a vote.

Apparently the reasons for this delay is because he makes a "hostile work environment", with "excessive drinking on the job and improperly dispensing meds".
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/top-sen...ation-hearing/

Maybe this is why this dumb fucker thinks that Trump, eating McDonalds and KFC, could live to be 200 years old and that he only apparently weighs 239 pounds got the nomination in the first place. He was fucking drunk when he gave that press conference.
    He wasn't drunk, he was full of shit and he lied because Trump promised him a cabinet position.