Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Predict Typical Blizzard Character Butchering, Bad Writing and Future Expantions

Blizzard has started to remind me of today's music industry:

- Play it safe and reuse formulas rather than writing good original lore.
    - Money>Quality
    - "We know best mentality." We can have the cake and eat it too.
    - No respect for past (In this case lore and the retcons)
    - Focus on encompassing more target groups instead of loyalty to fanbase
    - Ideological catering with "strong female" bullshit (not always, but we can still reach Kerrigan levels)
    - Black and White instead of focus on Gray
    - List goes on.

What I'm trying to focus on here is that knowing these things together with blizzards tendencies to recycle tried successful "formulas" (like in music industry), like life ending villain (Sargeras, Amon etc), butchered female characters in order to better fit into strong female character (Kerrigan, Sylvanas) and you are "the chosen one" BS, we can try and apply this knowledge and predict the future of expansions on the horizon.

1) The most obvious one. Lich king expansion. Will be used to bring back customers who have a huge nostalgia boner about WOTLK. Most likely will end up in a giant cringefest of disappointment, but hey at least they get 1 more expansion of money making right?

2) Sylvanas is the next Kerrigan. Don't be naive, you know it. Alliance and Horde will unite against her, kick her ass, but in the last moment a hopeless simp who clearly can't get another chick will save the hoe because she will be important to yet another WORLD ENDING THREAT. They won't kill of Sylvanas because of the countless hordes of simps who fap to her hentai.

3) Undead Humans/Elves with intact bodies, allied race. Mary Sylvanus sacrifice will somehow make Titanforged or anyone else with abilities to give new bodies to go full "Hey, you Undead guise are alright - here's the new bodies for U!"

4) Another "insert racial theme other than Chinese" expansion in hopes of attracting potential customers. This is where we might actually get decent lore & meme potential at the same time.

5) Interesting characters like Jorin, Gorgonna, half-elven sister of Jaina, Rokhan etc forgotten forever.

6) Light themed expansion where we realize that light is just as evil as Void.

7) Draenei embracing demonic magic but stay "good". Huge possibility of Velen embracing demonic magic and becoming the good version of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden OR embracing Void. The draenian society accepts Light, Void and Fel and gets a new triumvirate leadership where Velen will represent Fel/Void + 2 new characters pulled out of their asses (maybe Yrel for light and Malchezaar for Fel if Velen goes Void). All this will be done in order to introduce Burning Legion back into the story as the good guys. That and allied race.

8) Odyn will turn evil somehow mark my words.

9) Obvious Void Planet expansion where we'll invade that planet in order to save the Titan. Potential possibility of us failing and going back in order to recruit homeboi Sargeras to finish off the monstrosity for us. Creation of Good Guy Legion where it's basically Burning Legion & Azerotian friends trying to save the universe.

I realize that a lot of this can be bullshit, and maybe Blizzard will find their old touch, but if they don't, a few these themes might be a possibility if some form or another.

What do you predict?
    Last edited by Gwimgi; 2018-04-21 at 06:48 PM.

Sargeras is needed to defeat the Void Lords.

Tyrande is shown up by Anduin

Genn is actually right

Jaina gets to go on another rampage and gets another pass, because she's Warcraft's sweetheart

Anduin never makes any mistakes and defeats anyone he fights

Med'an is canonized and killed off in the same moment
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2018-04-21 at 06:53 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Turalyon will kill Alleria or Vice Versa to save her/him from Evil Nature of the Void/Light and die in the process.
    Khadgar will die in a pretty underwhelming way because of bullshit reason somewhere in the next expansion.
    Genn will die without being destroyed, to save Anduin and be resurrected by Sylvanas as her pawn.
    Illidan will return with Sargeras power inside to fight Void Lords.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2018-04-21 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwimgi View Post
    5) Interesting characters like Jorin, Gorgonna, half-elven sister of Jaina, Rokhan etc forgotten forever.
    Half-elven Sister of Jaina is still noncanon.

Rokhan plays a role in the Stormwind scenario and later appears in Nazmir along Princess Talanji.

Looking forwards to it, Odyn crossed the line of being a bad character and became a meme.

Now, onwards to prove your valor.

My predictions:

- Magister Umbric will fall to the whispers of the shadows and we will have to fight him and his own faction of Ren'dorei. We will witness just how terrible the whispers of the Void can be and the grave effects that they can have on a mortal's mind. But we won't kill Umbric, we will aid him to see the light of sanity again. I'm afraid that Umbric's lust for knowledge might ultimately lead to his demise.

- The Void Elves will play a major role in a future Void-themed expansion and will be the Alliance's bulwark against the shadows (similair to how the Draenei/Sons of Lothar were the Alliance's bulwark in Outland, or the Silver Covenant/Fordragon were the Alliance's bulwark in Northrend). The Void Elves are the first mortals in the history of the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers so it makes sense that they would be involved in a future expansion revolving around the Void Lords.

- Vereesa Windrunner and the Silver Covenant will be in a critical situation somehow and they will join the Ren'dorei as a last desperate resort to save themselves. Thus the High Elves effectively turn into Void Elves.

- The Void Elves' studies in Telogrus Rift allow them to discover several new notions about the Void and its nature. They will find out how to protect their offspring from the whispers of the Void so that they can reproduce and grow in numbers and at the same time protect their babies from giving into the whispers at birth.

- Lastly, I predict that the Ren'dorei will bring the Ethereals into the fold as a new race for the Alliance. The Ethereals will find a natural ally in the Void Elves, who have suffered a lot at the hands of the Void just like them.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

Jaina gets to go on another rampage and gets another pass, because she's Warcraft's sweetheart
    And then they'll find another non-human lover for her. My prediction is on a Draenei, my hopes on the other hand are on Pandarian.

I think there will be another Lich King expansion, but as others have pointed out in other threads, there have been a lot of Shadowlands references lately, so it'll be centered around that instead of Northrend.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP had a point up until strong female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    OP had a point up until strong female characters.
    If you honestly don't believe that Kerrigan's character was not ruined by Blizzards attempt to cater to a specific group - namely feminism, then I have no hopes for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sylvanas kicks a puppy.

Another Horde leader defects.

Jaina goes on a rampage which gets written off.

Tyrande continues to be incompetent.

Shandris has her ears clipped to make herself look more human.

Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0

Baine becomes Warchief because reasons.

Siege of Thunder Bluff patch 9.4 confirmed.

Christie Golden randomly inserts her warlock into another of her novels and makes Jaina a goddess or something.

Vol’jin creates a meme.

Thrall saves us all.

Anduin and Wrathion conceive a transgender baby together,

Blizzard promotes the Hearthstone lore team to the WoW lore team.

Five new random yiff allied races crawl out of the depths.

Void Lords are defeated, now we have to fight the Void Titans.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    You say interesting characters but then bring up a half elf lol.
    Otherwise what a pretty.... pointless rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You say interesting characters but then bring up a half elf lol.
    Otherwise what a pretty.... pointless rant.
    Welcome to Lore Forums, you must be new here....

I am legitimately concerned Blizzard is trying to create a MoP 2.0 scenario only to pull the rug out from under us at the last moment like they did with Illidan and Xe'ra. It's not worth villifying Sylvanas, dragging the Horde through the mud and putting us all through an insufferable journey just for a "gotcha!" moment Blizzard thinks is clever.

- - - Updated - - -

What's this turn evil talk? I already want to raid that asshat.

Deleted
    4) Another "insert racial theme other than Chinese" expansion in hopes of attracting potential customers. This is where we might actually get decent lore & meme potential at the same time.
    Lol, I can already see the Tel'Abim Secret Empire, the Tribal Africa themed expansion... With the success of Black Panther and the political need to feature this culture more prominently in US products, Wakanda clones will pop-up in the years to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you honestly don't believe that Kerrigan's character was not ruined by Blizzards attempt to cater to a specific group - namely feminism, then I have no hopes for you.
    You are a whiner. While her character sucked in SC2, it's ridiculous to pin it on some sort of feminist agenda. Pro tip man, all characters sucked in SC2.

Are you people just unhappy with anything and everything? Come on, let's be optimists, there must be something that made you happy lately(And try to avoid something like "Xe'ra died" or any other variant of *Bad thing happened to a character I disliked*

You are all just listing potential outcomes that you don't want. I'm not going to claim that Sylvanas won't become a villain, but I do doubt Blizzard is going to go the Garrosh route with her. There will be a twist some where.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    You are a whiner. While her character sucked in SC2, it's ridiculous to pin it on some sort of feminist agenda. Pro tip man, all characters sucked in SC2.
    Alarak didnt, if only because he sensed the shitty epilogue and decided to make his own protoss civilization, with terazine and hookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Blizzard has started to remind me of today's music industry:
    Oh dear lord, here we go...

Quote Originally Posted by maxattac View Post
    Lol, I can already see the Tel'Abim Secret Empire, the Tribal Africa themed expansion... With the success of Black Panther and the political need to feature this culture more prominently in US products, Wakanda clones will pop-up in the years to come.
    They already have trolls for that, who have always been afro-latino themed (with a bit of polynesia). The trolls in Zandalar even literally shout "Zandalar forever!" and speak in an eloquent, regal, African-ish accent.

Honestly I don't really have a problem with stuff like this when it's kept to cheeky references and a bit of inspiration. WoW has always inserted mildly cringey pop-culture references into its world. It's part of its charm.

That being said, I do agree with a lot of this thread. Some of these "suggestions" are like my worst fears come to life.
    Last edited by Psychotrip; 2018-04-22 at 05:00 PM.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

You sound like you hate woman OP, you wanna talk about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You sound like you hate woman OP, you wanna talk about it?
    I suspect OP has a lot of problems he's projecting onto this thread. Yet another time genuine criticism devolves into strange ideological ranting.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.