Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Strand Removed in BfA - Battlemaster Title going Legacy?

With Strand of the Ancients being removed from the game, can anybody ask in official forums (sub ran out) if Battlemaster title/achievement is going to be moved to Legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    With Strand of the Ancients being removed from the game, can anybody ask in official forums (sub ran out) if Battlemaster title/achievement is going to be moved to Legacy?
    What? Source? That is like my favorite BG.

EDIT: Never mind, front page, I guess reading is hard. Wow, that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daren View Post
    What? Source? That is like my favorite BG.

EDIT: Never mind, front page, I guess reading is hard. Wow, that sucks.
    its prob the most cross-faction blacklisted BG in the game.
    I already have battlemaster though so I'm not resubbing for the grind, but damn, sucks for everyone else lol

Just Blizzard things.

There is a problem with vehicles - instead of fixing them, let's just remove the BG. And the achievements. Stupid idiots.

Remind me why am I doing achievements for other things again? They can be removed tomorrow and some likely will.

glad to see it go. especially since if i heard right on the Q&A blacklisting wont be a thing anymore.

Now they even prune battlegrounds. Instead of simply changing Battleground-blacklist to be able to blacklist 1/3rd of battleground, let's remove one.

And yes, i know many people hated it; i didn't (even through i hate pvp, SotA was not the worst), and removing it is simply stupid.

BfA is already worse than WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they removing it because they wanted to update it somehow? or permanently gone?

I will be sad tbh...yeah it wasn't my favorite BG of all time no but it was decent and I liked it... I like the visuals there titans stuff but yeah... sad to see it gone tbh.

Isle of Conquest is the worst BG imo.

Not really my favourite battleground but I find it shocking that they'd just outright remove it, what the hell blizzard >_>

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Are they removing it because they wanted to update it somehow? or permanently gone?

I will be sad tbh...yeah it wasn't my favorite BG of all time no but it was decent and I liked it... I like the visuals there titans stuff but yeah... sad to see it gone tbh.

Same, Isle is terrible in comparison with Strands

Good riddance.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

People will scorn all forms of PvP that are not conductive to forming a giant clusterfuck in the middle of a tiny map and farming each other. This is why the last time we had a new BG with unique mechanics was WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how people don't like this bg. With two balanced teams it's by far the most enjoyable.

So glad to see it gone. It was fine in Wrath, but after that it never had the dev work done to it to keep it fun to play on, and just became a mess.

Who knows, maybe they might revisit it sometime down the line after it gets a rework.

Hopefully this means they were listening to the HOTS team and realized they *can* disable battlegrounds that aren't up to snuff while they work on them, instead of making people just suffer through them whenever they show up.

For real, is Battlemaster going away or? I'm finally completing some of the master of achievements, dont want to miss it now

Battlemaster title will stay, they will just remove the Strand requirement for it

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post

The concept of Isle is fine, the problem is the Alliance is so heavily favored to win (by starting so much closer to the docks) that Horde refuse to play it. A simple tweaking of the map would solve the problem. Same with Strand, re-balance the vehicles and gate HP and theres no issue, but since Blizz likes to take the lazy way out, they will just ignore one massive problem, delete an option and declare the problem fixed.

I'm not surprised to see it go. It's the only battleground where you have to play it twice to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm not surprised to see it go. It's the only battleground where you have to play it twice to finish it.
    ^ this is probably the main reason it is blacklisted by most players.

I didn't mind it before they "fixed" it by weakening the relative usefulness of the vehicles and made it into a battle between which team has more stacked AOE damage and healing to prevent opposing players from planting bombs.

now if only they will remove... isle of conquest