Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And again you are entitled to think what makes an MMORPG for you. That does not however make it a fact.

The fact is World of Warcraft matches the genre of Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. A genre that has been defined perfectly clear for over 20 years. Your personal tastes towards the game do not change that.

And no offence when you started the thread with "this game isn't an MMORPG anymore" you knew what was going to happen. Don't play innocent.
    Ofc I knew it . I was curious to see what kind of argument ppl would give about this particular issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleros View Post
    Ofc I knew it . I was curious to see what kind of argument ppl would give about this particular issue.
    So basically you are just admitting you wanted to start a thread to create a fuel on fire situation rather than have any reasonable debate?

Good to know. Can throw you on ignore now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    No, if Blizzard literally made changes that removed this game from the MMORPG-genre, it would no longer be an MMORPG for a fact.

They haven't made such changes though, so your feels on the subject are irrelevant. The game is not a lobby game, not a dungeon crawler, not an Action RPG. It's an MMORPG and should be recommended as such lest new players might be disappointed.
    It's becoming a lobby game more and more with LFG,LFR, and the group tool, it's becoming a dungeon crawler more with titanforge, multiple difficulties and M+.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So basically you are just admitting you wanted to start a thread to create a fuel on fire situation rather than have any reasonable debate?

Good to know. Can throw you on ignore now.
    Well if you see only one part of the argument you are basically bailing out. My question was genuine plus I was interested in this part too. OFC it's easier to box me in one category and ignore the rest but that's entirely your doing

It's becoming a lobby game more and more with LFG,LFR, and the group tool, it's becoming a dungeon crawler more with titanforge, multiple difficulties and M+.
    No, it's not. You clearly are throwing those terms around without understanding what they actually entail.
    WoW is an MMORPG, 100% fact. Feels of jaded whiners don't apply.

Think I'll follow @Eleccybubb and put your ass on ignore.

I gave up searching for one. I know you are looking for that tingle that WoW once gave until Cata (atleast for me) . It's fading since then for me. I love WoW, but I want that tingle again. I think only a good expansion can bring that feeling back.

People saying that a MMO is probably nothing for him or in general to people don't know that nothing compares to WoW sadly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    No, it's not. You clearly are throwing those terms around without understanding what they actually entail.
    WoW is an MMORPG, 100% fact. Feels of jaded whiners don't apply.

Think I'll follow @Eleccybubb and put your ass on ignore.
    It's all fun and games when you think you hold the truth in your hand like a torch enlightening everyone else. I feel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Roccatex View Post
    I gave up searching for one. I know you are looking for that tingle that WoW once gave until Cata (atleast for me) . It's fading since then for me. I love WoW, but I want that tingle again. I think only a good expansion can bring that feeling back.

People saying that a MMO is probably nothing for him or in general to people don't know that nothing compares to WoW sadly.
    I disagree.

My tingle for me came from FF11. WoW definitely had that tingle you mention but an online FF game for me was the pinnacle and dream especially as a kid. Plus I could be a Red Mage online which just further cemented it as the best MMO experience of all time for me.

And I'd say some MMOs from my experience definitely compare to WoW for me. I play FF14 alongside it and I'd definitely say it does some things better than WoW but also some things worse. Same with WoW.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-04-27 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    Before this thread is closed

Alexensual doesnt shut up about how good Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is going to be.
    I think its entering alpha and its in the aerly stages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roccatex View Post

This exactly. I can be salty about WoW because of this basically. It was a game that i loved so deeply that seeing the things i loved gradually stripped off of it made me rage. I apologize to everyone for it. But as a human i can be upset by this and still be reasonable about it

It's all fun and games when you think you hold the truth in your hand like a torch enlightening everyone else. I feel for you.
    Thread will be closed but still.

As someone that has tried other MMOs and ended up back to WoW for good, mostly because "coverage of bugs and population".

Rift is a waste of time but its the closest to WoW feeling of TBC levels, despite changing over the years it sitll has that feeling.

FFXIV is a slowed down version of MMORPGs in general.

GW2 you will love if you are an achievement/transmog/pet whore.

The rest games arent worth mentioning.

TLDR: There arent any worthwhile MMOs apart from WoW at the moment apart from FFXIV if you dont mind playing like you are 30% brain lagged, and GW2 is awesome if you are a collector and not a gear whore.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-04-27 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Before this thread is closed

Alexensual doesnt shut up about how good Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is going to be.
    I think its entering alpha and its in the aerly stages.
    Interesting. Gotta inform myself on that

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL, HotS, Overwatch, Smite, BF, COF - those are lobby games. A lobby game is where you aren't logging into the 'world' content until a match has been found. World of Warcraft isn't a lobby game. It can feel like it if you just sit on your ass and wait for queues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Thread will be closed but still.

As someone that has tried other MMOs and ended up back to WoW for good, mostly because "coverage of bugs and population".

Rift is a waste of time but its the closest to WoW feeling of TBC levels, despite changing over the years it sitll has that feeling.

FFXIV is a slowed down version of MMORPGs in general.

GW2 you will love if you are an achievement whore.

The rest games arent worth mentioning.

TLDR: There arent any worthwhile MMOs apart from WoW at the moment apart from FFXIV if you dont mind playing like you are 30% brain lagged, and GW2 is awesome if you are an achievement whore and not a gear whore.
    It's funny, I've tried so many as well but I keep returning to WoW, feels more... home..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I really really like FFXIV, but WoW will always be my favorite MMORPG and game. Grew up with it, was just a kid when I started and now i'm in my mid 20's lol

Deleted
    I'm a "First raid boss kill then move to the next with an organized guild" whore. I cant find a game with this kind of mentality since BC WoW. Maybe this is just a non-sustainable model and it will never come back. Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    LoL, HotS, Overwatch, Smite, BF, COF - those are lobby games. A lobby game is where you aren't logging into the 'world' content until a match has been found. World of Warcraft isn't a lobby game. It can feel like it if you just sit on your ass and wait for queues.

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny, I've tried so many as well but I keep returning to WoW, feels more... home..
    I return cause friends dont try other games and eventually i get tired of lack of things/bad engines/low population games.

I gave up trying new MMOs about last year, only try them for a bit, there is no money in the MMO scene and everything comes out half-arsed while lacking 200 basic things.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a "First raid boss kill then move to the next with an organized guild" whore. I cant find a game with this kind of mentality since BC WoW. Maybe this is just a non-sustainable model and it will never come back. Dunno.
    This was Rift the first 2 years, its the same overall now too but dead game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I return cause friends dont try other games and eventually i get tired of lack of things/bad engines/low population games.

I gave up trying new MMOs about last year, only try them for a bit, there is no money in the MMO scene and everything comes out half-arsed while lacking 200 basic things.

- - - Updated - - -

I return because well, friends but also because newer mmo's try too hard to be special that they forget things.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Amen to this. That's why i asked in this thread instead of just going off downloading random MMORPG as I always have dobe before

Amen to this. That's why i asked in this thread instead of just going off downloading random MMORPG as I always have dobe before
    Take it from a raider whore, there is no MMO out there worth the time apart from WoW.

FFXIV isnt bad but its too slow for some, whch is why i cant play it.

Rift is dead, otherwise its exactly what you need.

Deleted
    Everyone who have played WoW had a phase where he/she explores the MMO market in search dor something amazing.
    I've been in that phase also.

We all reach the same conclusion.
    WoW is the most polished MMO out there.

Sure there are "good" MMO's out there, but they all have problems and none is a perfect fit for us.

I've been following Alexensual stream for a while now and it seems like he is entering this "phase" now.
    He stoppped being a "WoW Classic" channel to being a "MMO channel".
    He spends the majority of stream searching for a new MMO.

I find it funny.
    Because soon he will reach the same conclusion we did
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-04-27 at 12:17 PM.

There isn't really anything out there that matches what OP is looking for.
    There are only grinding MMOs, and MMOs that imitate WoW. And they do that because it is the most successful game on the market.
    All these "despised" features that ruin the game get picked up also by every other game because they improve player retention.