Thread: Symmetra 3.0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Artelia View Post
    And then will nerf every his counter to oblivion.
    Sym is barely a threat to Genji. She has a very gimmicky 'fool me once' carwash trap and her beams range isn't enough to threaten him, he can just chip away at her from range while she' completely helpless. Honestly I'm really excited for the rework, the teleport opens up so many shenanigans alone its crazy. Depending on the range she can help her team completely skip chokepoints and open up more fights on different parts of the map.

Sym being classified as defense hero now is nice, but I don't like the other changes. I hope I'm wrong though.
    What I dislike the most is her turrets being down to only 3. I'd say more turrets dealing 50% damage is usually better than fewer turrets dealing 100% damage.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Moving her to defense is the only thing good about these changes imo. She's now weaker against barriers where she was strong and she can't lock on which was a boon against mobile heroes. In return she gets.....? Her turrets now only come in 3 and still die in one second and a teleporter outside meme plays will be useless (especially its hp) and a 5k barrier just seems weak compared to the life saving shield gen

At this point I'd rather they find a way for healing sym to work than another meme rework
    She's already a meme in every way in her current state.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the new teleport mechanic, as it can really change up the typical dive game into a flank and fuck burst damage monster. Can you imagine hearing her E and then saying 'OH FUCK' as a speedboosted genji, doomfist, rein, and reaper come flying into your healers faces from behind the point? Only to be followed by junkrat grenades and turret bullets you can't see coming out of it, making trying to kill the teleporter an instant death room.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    AND they increased the damage of her beam AND it gains charges against barriers. It will absolutely EAT barriers.
    There are other heroes who can shred a shield faster than Symm will be able to. They barely increased her damage and not losing ammo won't help make it better. She can still be nuked pretty quickly while she's focusing a shield.

We don't need more energy barriers in the game unless they add someone who counters barriers directly by ripping them down quickly.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    We don't need more energy barriers in the game unless they add someone who counters barriers directly by ripping them down quickly.
    You mean like Bastion, Pharah, Junkrat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You mean like Bastion, Pharah, Junkrat?
    Ugh! We don't have enough anti-shield heroes in the game! Only Bastion, Pharah, Junkrat, Roadhog, McCree, Orisa, Soldier: 76, etc.

Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Ugh! We don't have enough anti-shield heroes in the game! Only Bastion, Pharah, Junkrat, Roadhog, McCree, Orisa, Soldier: 76, etc.

Oh.
    I thought about including Roadhog, McCree, Orisa, Soldier: 76, but they don't really shred a shield like the other three. The other three can obliterate a shield rather quickly while the others need a bit more time.

Deleted
    I am excited but also abit scared of thise changes.. I mean max 3 turrets? And 30 HP is still Nothing, that is what most large bullets does anyway. There is NO differentese between 1 and 30HP. just as 5HP means little compared to 1 or 30.
    Also with only 3, i feel like she will be a much worse defensive hero, conisdering. Normally you can lock down 1 place(with 4 turrets) and then have a net out of 2 other places just to see when they attack. Now you can not do this. For remember 1 alone will still be stupid weak, so you need atleast 2 if not all 3 to make a Serioues wall off. ofc i first have to try it, but not a fan by the sound of it.

the changes to Teleport, Why make it so Niiece? only last a few sec? So it will only be useable in team figths if you somehow get away, and let not forge symmetra have No increased movement, no utility to get away..

Also haveing a Ult that is pretty much make a wall with 5K is, as they say about speed of the game and how fast you move. And 5K is not that much, in a team figth it can get broken easly + it is just an barrier.

About the Main weapon, going to be interesting to see what it will do. I do fear they will butcher it, IF it takes 2 sec to get it to stage 2, and without getting intrupted that is a stupid long time unless they massivly increase the range of it.

I hope it feels good but i fear all of thise things just seems weird

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I am excited but also abit scared of thise changes.. I mean max 3 turrets? And 30 HP is still Nothing, that is what most large bullets does anyway. There is NO differentese between 1 and 30HP. just as 5HP means little compared to 1 or 30.
    Also with only 3, i feel like she will be a much worse defensive hero, conisdering. Normally you can lock down 1 place(with 4 turrets) and then have a net out of 2 other places just to see when they attack. Now you can not do this. For remember 1 alone will still be stupid weak, so you need atleast 2 if not all 3 to make a Serioues wall off. ofc i first have to try it, but not a fan by the sound of it.

the changes to Teleport, Why make it so Niiece? only last a few sec? So it will only be useable in team figths if you somehow get away, and let not forge symmetra have No increased movement, no utility to get away..

Also haveing a Ult that is pretty much make a wall with 5K is, as they say about speed of the game and how fast you move. And 5K is not that much, in a team figth it can get broken easly + it is just an barrier.

About the Main weapon, going to be interesting to see what it will do. I do fear they will butcher it, IF it takes 2 sec to get it to stage 2, and without getting intrupted that is a stupid long time unless they massivly increase the range of it.

I hope it feels good but i fear all of thise things just seems weird
    I wouldn't get hung up on numbers yet. The fact that her abilities are being fundamentally overhauled is what really matters here!

It gains charge already when attacking shield. You might want to try playing sym before you start talking. Piercing is better against shields than a damage buff. When you damage the shield and everyone behind it it's better than just damage to the shield
    Regarding the alternate fire which seems to be actual subject here rather than the beam:
    "Lastly, instead of piercing enemies, it now impacts enemies/environments and explodes, dealing area damage around it."

Unless barriers now count as environment it doesn't say anything about not being able to pierce barriers. Granted it's possible that barriers are included in this or they will be made so later, but so far this is not compelling proof of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I like the new teleport mechanic, as it can really change up the typical dive game into a flank and fuck burst damage monster. Can you imagine hearing her E and then saying 'OH FUCK' as a speedboosted genji, doomfist, rein, and reaper come flying into your healers faces from behind the point? Only to be followed by junkrat grenades and turret bullets you can't see coming out of it, making trying to kill the teleporter an instant death room.
    Yeah, its going to be quite crazy. Probably not something you're going to see often, but the chance for a
    sneaky/crazy play is going to be more epic then in the current meta.

Gaining ammo doesn't make her stronger against barriers. It just lets her attack longer. Her orbs went through barriers, damaged them, and anyone behind them for a shit ton and gained tons of ultimate.

She now loses all that for ammo replenishment lol like her ammo was an issue. With no piercing she's just weaker.

You trying to tell a sym main that ammo replenishment is better than piercing and killing the mercy behind the shield rofl
    While that is true, anyone who got hit by Sym's SLLLLLLOWWWWWWWWWWW moving ball really needs to get better.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I thought about including Roadhog, McCree, Orisa, Soldier: 76, but they don't really shred a shield like the other three. The other three can obliterate a shield rather quickly while the others need a bit more time.
    Those guys are great when there is one shield, come talk to me again when there is an orisa, brigette, Rhein and a Sym who is throwing up an infinite length 5000 point barrier across the control point entry. If you have 2 shield wreckers you can strip a single shield efficiently but it isn't so easy when there is an entire team of barriers and you have only a couple barrier busters.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Those guys are great when there is one shield, come talk to me again when there is an orisa, brigette, Rhein and a Sym who is throwing up an infinite length 5000 point barrier across the control point entry. If you have 2 shield wreckers you can strip a single shield efficiently but it isn't so easy when there is an entire team of barriers and you have only a couple barrier busters.
    They can take out multiple shields at once too. Since most people "stack" their barriers on top of each other or around each other in my experience you can use splash damage and good angling to get multiple shields at once. Add to the fact your team is breaking them as well so it's not just one person.

10+ Year Old Account
    My stance, FWIW;

1> 3 turrets isn't the big deal people are making them out to be. Unless you were dropping turrets in more than 3 locations as early warning tools, it won't change her gameplay THAT much in this respect. They'll do similar damage and they'll actually be MORE resilient than before. I can't really think of that many cases where you'd want turrets monitoring 4 paths, but maybe that's my Gold/Diamond rating speaking, high-end gameplay, maybe some people can profit off that.

2> The new teleporter has a ton of potential. The old one was just "get back from respawn faster", which was USEFUL, but just increased pressure on the point for Defense, really. The new one has aggressive uses, especially since you can place it at range. You can find new paths for your team and attack from unexpected directions (and without needing ult charge, so you can swap and immediately do this). You can realize the enemy team sees where you're going and set a tele to go another path; you deke down the left path and teleport to the right path and backdoor the enemy team who saw you go left and are set up to block the wrong entrance (and I mean the entire team). Teleporting Torb turrets has major potential, possibly; there's a lot of tiny platforms that Widow can get to, or maybe a Genji. Now Symm can drop a built Torb turret up there and give the enemy team a new headache (depending on turret placement restrictions, need to test this stuff). Tentatively excited, since the old one was useful but boring.

3> The "infinite length barrier" is overstated. It doesn't say "infinite duration". It's an ultimate. Can it wreck an advance? Sure. That's what ultimates, used well, do. "Infinite length" just means you can spawn it from somewhere unexpected, or even from spawn. And it's a barrier; I assume the enemy can just, like, walk through it.

4> Her primary/secondary fire changes I'm looking forward to. The lock-on primary fire was obnoxious, and the secondary moved too slowly; you were basically hoping they'd stand there and not dodge. I'm just worried she'll play too much like Zarya; a beam with an exploding ball secondary fire? Same deal. They should try and make it a bit more distinct on the primary at least.
    Last edited by Endus; 2018-04-30 at 01:49 AM.

There wasn't anything wrong with Symmetra 1.0 that couldn't have been fixed with a few number tweaks, Symmetra 2.0 is okay I guess but honestly I preferred the original.

Can they stop fucking about with her. These changes, while possibly making her "viable" for the 500 or so pro OW players out there, is as someone pointed out, effectively making her a completely different hero. Just release another hero if you want someone with a portal gun. Leave Symmetra alone.

Went 7-3 on placements. the 3 games I lost were the ones where the team flamed the Symm pick and asked me to change, the 7 that were won, in defense she was microwaving squishies all day. Yes yes, if you play diamond+ I'm sure she's a free kill; but the majority of OW players aren't Diamond, so that's irrelevant.

Seems like a lot of comments come from people who never liked playing her anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    While that is true, anyone who got hit by Sym's SLLLLLLOWWWWWWWWWWW moving ball really needs to get better.
    Yeah I kinda hate taunting the enemy team but after killing their WM with the slowballs I had to say "Dude.... wtf??"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Syms balls moving slow require you to fire them in skill locations where you know people will be. It's no different than getting sniped for peeking as most people hit by them aren't standing there in an open field watching them inch towards them. They are hit by them coming around corners, chokes, or trying to accomplish a gameplay objective. It's a bit dishonest to think simply getting hit by them means you are braindead.

So for that matter, making them 3x faster and splash dmg is psychotic and not balanced.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Syms balls moving slow require you to fire them in skill locations where you know people will be. It's no different than getting sniped for peeking as most people hit by them aren't standing there in an open field watching them inch towards them. They are hit by them coming around corners, chokes, or trying to accomplish a gameplay objective. It's a bit dishonest to think simply getting hit by them means you are braindead.
    The first "LoS" on Anubis on defense comes to mind, you can hit 4 or 5 of them on your first ball and be pretty much charged up
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.