Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svetox View Post
    Im afraid that flying will kill world pvp in bfa
    Simple make I so when players opt into war mode flying is disabled. That means for PvP literally nothing will change

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Simple make I so when players opt into war mode flying is disabled. That means for PvP literally nothing will change
    considering that PVP and PVE will be in different phases, i dont see why that wouldnt be possible.It would be for the better in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyWombat View Post
    considering that PVP and PVE will be in different phases, i dont see why that wouldnt be possible.It would be for the better in pvp.
    Exactly Im a big fan of this if only since it means player have greater control over their play.

10+ Year Old Account
    They put a bounty system? yeeeeeeeeeeees.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    The best thing about wpvp is the toggle to turn it off.
    You're going to be heavily penalized for that though, flagged players will be able to use their PvP talents

Quote Originally Posted by shadycharacter1 View Post
    You're going to be heavily penalized for that though, flagged players will be able to use their PvP talents
    ... and be on a completely different shard having no interaction with those that are not flagged.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Good news except scaling. This isn't an instance...
    TBH, this is the best feature about, in my opinion.

I wish they took away flying for this mode as well. They sure need to take away flying from the enemy starting zones and capital cities!

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    It's still not enough to warrant hassle-free gameplay by never flagging yourself for PvP.

Try again, Blizzard.
    Nothing will be ever be enough to warrant hassle-free gameplay in PvP.

You can lower the hassle a bit but never erase it. Only making every combat last 5 minutes minimum would discourage gankers, but they will never make it so because gameplay wise would be a nightmare.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyWombat View Post
    Exactly this, it will allow those who need flying to gain access to it while at the same time keeping the damage it causes to Wpvp out of war mode. It's a win win, but you just know some jackass is going to make a 3 pages long post about how he deserves to get the benefits of pvp while not having to actively be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TSM View Post
    TBH, this is the best feature about, in my opinion.

I wish they took away flying for this mode as well. They sure need to take away flying from the enemy starting zones and capital cities!
    Yeah, I am okay with taking away flying completely too. In the end, if I feel like farming, I would just opt-out and farm in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Exactly this, it will allow those who need flying to gain access to it while at the same time keeping the damage it causes to Wpvp out of war mode. It's a win win, but you just know some jackass is going to make a 3 pages long post about how he deserves to get the benefits of pvp while not having to actively be a part of it.
    They can write a book for all I care! Now I am definately not one for pvping in general, but even I must admit that the bounty system and Warmode (only tog'able in cities btw!) has me really interested. Some of my most fondest memories is in SWG beign a pikeman (wit a nasty mind bleed pike) BH hunting Jedi's! This BH system brings in a whole ton of possibilities and even more fun than you can shake a stake at. Let me propose the following:

The one with the bounty on him, should get a reward for staying alive in the world, and not chicken out and heart stone home. The longer he/she is out there the greater the reward, and let the reward be diminished if he's grouped, to entice that desperado feeling. Rewards could be money per 10 min, and if you survive long enough a title like "Notorius", "Wanted DOA" etc.

Man I for one can't wait to see what Blizzard will make out of it!

A very welcome change, i like it.

i wonder how the bounty marker will work for rogues?

rogues being seen through stealth kinda breaks the whole point of rogues. i hope that's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    Imma let you finish, but if you don’t nerf tank specs severely, you’ll never get anyone to activate War Mode.

Less tank damage - as in WAY LESS - is a good idea in both PvE and PvP. But it is imperative in PvP.
    Agreed, and if I remember correctly, then Blizzard actually talked about tanks in pvp in one of the Q&A's. I think they were nerfing their damage soaking abilities substantially, which is sorely needed because no dps will ever be able to take down a Blood Dk or Guardian Druid in any reasonable amount of time - if ever.

squeee best change they could make incoming hillsbrad warzones!

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    I'm sure that Blizz will disable flying in War Mode, since I don't think it'll work otherwise.
    That would be a big disadvantage of everyone turning Warmode on...they'll never do that.

Maybe it would be a good idea to turn flying off for ppl that are actually the Bounty-Target?
    Last edited by Aradur; 2018-05-01 at 12:26 PM.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Wonder what's keeping somebody from just leaving and coming back real quick with a hearth/flight whistle/whatever. I guess without flying its not that bad, but with flying you could probably just fly over the zone border and back in like 30 seconds
    Hopefully players keep the bounty regardless of which zone they are in and only way to drop the bounty is by being killed by players.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Please lose the gear scaling. WoW is not a professional e-sport, and it never will be. It's a niche game, with a niche crowd... this is coming from a guy who loves watching wow Arena. I was at Blizzcon cheering on CDew to avoid 0-4 in the finals of 2016. Trying to balance classes is honorable, but part of the game is finding combinations of classes and abilities that work and offset other popular comps. The desire to "make everyones gear the same" in pvp, has pushed away a huge enthusiast part of the pvp scene. People like me who would sit in bg's for fun progressing our power via gear upgrades specific to pvp. I get why you did it Blizzard, I think we all do. I think there were many people crying out about being weak in pvp situations the once or twice a month they decided to engage in them. Where has implementing this gotten us? Is there more participation or less? Is wow a major esport watched by "normies" outside of the wow world? It's time to go back to the roots, the only failure now, is to carry on with it's implementation.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sound fun. Not my gonna use it anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how does that scaling tech work if I'm fighting a Rare but a player attacks me ?
    Will my health drop and rise depending on which melee hit I take ?
    Sounds like a hot mess to me.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".