Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by disgracedsaint View Post
    Bounty System could make pvp great again.

I do have some concerns. Stealth is either going to be OP or useless, I don't see a real middle ground there. I'm also worried that if you have a bounty on you its going to be a rare instance where you are actually in a 1v1 or 2v1 situation. I imagine people are in a zone the bounty pops up and everyone in the zone B-lines it to gank the bounty. I'm thinking something like the buff from the Black Rook PVP WQ might be useful. Also Tanks will need to be tuned down in some fashion.
    Stealth depends on the handling. For me stealth should be worthwhile, in the form that instead of a red arrow over your head (not literally, but a non stealth person is targetable quite some way off), a stealthed bounty should be shown on the map where in the precinity the bounty is located, down to the size of for instance one of those farm areas that exists in western plaguelands. That way a stealthy bounty still has way's of hideing and moving, but it's not a get out of jail free card.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I mean, you're allowed to think that but honestly I don't see how. MMOs are about the PvE and always will be.
    Woooops, you just went full retard, never go full retard like that.

1) mmos were originally either more about pvp than pve (like DAoC, where all pve content was gated behind pvp that gave access to bosses/ zones/ability points), or evenly both (EQ)

2) there still are today a lot of PvP oriented MMOs and they work, they just dont meet as much success as wow because a) cutting between pvp and pve cuts half your player base, even though it makes those who stay more loyal, b)they dont have 15 years of dev, so players are out of content faster (ESO / WO we're looking at you)

3)PvP is the sole activity of a good chunk of the player base, and a common fill up for most of it, with people never doing any pvp content of any kind being the exception rather than the norm, so it's normal for them to pump out content for their player base, and it's actually a nice touch to try and merge the communities, they are giving pve players incentive to try pvp, as pvpers have had incentives to try pve for the past 14 years.

4) PvP is a daunting challenge both in term of dev and gameplay, because as a player you're not facing a scripted encounter, and as a dev you have to make it so asymetrically different classes and specs stand a chance against some of the others in the biggest, strangest rock paper scissors you could imagine, in a world at war with opposing faction it can also be one of the main story driving force.

5)you want your community to have really strong ties between them ? you have them work together. look at AQs opening, or life on every realm before fly/summon stone /groupfinder-raidfinder. back in vanilla you would know every max level player on your realm. now you dont even know every member of your guild, and the people you group with outside of your friend list, you find with group finder and will never see/talk/play with them ever again. look at Eve Online, or DAoC large scale stuff is what knits a community together. so perhaps we cant go back to the former realms, where we were "few" enough that you could have nemeses on the other faction, but having world pvp as a meaningful content you can opt for makes sense.

it's fun to design, fun to play, drives the story and makes the players play together and against one another

// small edit : i'm a pve player, only ever played pvp to get my prestige 15 bear form, and i sure as hell will be trying to get bounties on my head for the fun of it \\
    Last edited by mmoc596a2d5f6c; 2018-05-04 at 03:23 AM.