Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the people defending violence against children never immigrate to europe. We don't need these barbaric practices here. Though... at least they'd loose their children that way and these children could have a happier upbringing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I hope the people defending violence against children never immigrate to europe. We don't need these barbaric practices here. Though... at least they'd loose their children that way and these children could have a happier upbringing.
    But they do immigrate, in droves, and we're not allowed to insult their practices because they're brown.

Funny that, the moral high ground is rather lower than you expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimnir211 View Post
    But they do immigrate, in droves, and we're not allowed to insult their practices because they're brown.

Funny that, the moral high ground is rather lower than you expected.
    I'm sorry, the law against beating children applies to everybody - their skin colour has nothing to do with it. Come to think of it, we don't apply laws based on skin colour at all. But nice try anyway.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, the law against beating children applies to everybody - their skin colour has nothing to do with it. Come to think of it, we don't apply laws based on skin colour at all. But nice try anyway.
    Considering I am pretty sure Austria has hate speech laws, yes you do. If not, then your government certainly prefers certain demographics over others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimnir211 View Post
    Considering I am pretty sure Austria has hate speech laws, yes you do. If not, then your government certainly prefers certain demographics over others.
    You have any base for your off topic drivel? As you seem to guess about the laws here it seems to me you have no clue what you're talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    I had domestic abuse at home when I was a kid (no, actual domestic abuse. Not just mild slapping, removing toys etc.) and tbh I'd never inflict that on my kids whenever I choose to have children. I think it's counter productive and in exchange gives them a bunch of mental issues, like it did with me. From milder form of abuse, probably not mental issues, but I'm still a bit iffy. I'd rather try and explain things and use a carrot to have them behave and follow basic behavioral rules.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Deleted
    You have any base for your off topic drivel? As you seem to guess about the laws here it seems to me you have no clue what you're talking about.
    Your moral grandstanding is pointless as your country will have somewhere some morally stupid laws or you yourself will have morally stupid opinions, mostly on ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like at video games?

The way I see it, kick their ass at them until they get better at them. It's the only way they'll learn.

Although if by beating you mean hitting/harming them, then you either don't do it, or you're a monster. No exceptions.

what?! hitting your kid doesn't make you a sociopath. also there is a difference between beating and slap on the bum. As someone who has actually been abused and beaten I know there is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    It's completely illegal here in Sweden, and most of Europe, and we turn out fine without becoming spoiled, entitled brats as adults.

You don't need to slap your kids, no matter what they've done.
    you also don't have as much bullshit influence as we do here in America. 8 year olds are droppin the n bomb on a regular basis here. Different strokes across the ass for different folks
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    you also don't have as much bullshit influence as we do here in America. 8 year olds are droppin the n bomb on a regular basis here. Different strokes across the ass for different folks
    Why would you hurt your kid for something they say?

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Why would you hurt your kid for something they say?
    why wouldn't i? and i'm not hurting them, i'm upsetting them. what can i do or say to any of you to convey that words do not always work.

mind you, my girls are 5 and 4 and haven't said a curse word yet. and as long as they aren't using it in a disrespectful way to her mother, grandmother, grandfather, or me i won't.

but if either one of these girls calls their mother a cunt like someone posted this morning, they will have a red ass.

fuck. that. shit.

there have to be consequences for your actions. taking toys away or "grounding" does not always work in this world.

wanna know a big reason why i've never robbed a bank or something similar? because i was fortunate enough to have parents that taught me consequence, real consequence, at a young age.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2018-05-01 at 10:29 PM.

spanking or similar things are fine, beating is not.

why wouldn't i? and i'm not hurting them, i'm upsetting them. what can i do or say to any of you to convey that words do not always work.

mind you, my girls are 5 and 4 and haven't said a curse word yet. and as long as they aren't using it in a disrespectful way to her mother, grandmother, grandfather, or me i won't.

but if either one of these girls calls their mother a cunt like someone posted this morning, they will have a red ass.

fuck. that. shit.
    If you are hitting your kid you are hurting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    If you are hitting your kid you are hurting them.
    may i ask, what do you consider hitting? a butt spank? a hand slap? a closed fist to the eye? only one of those do i consider hitting.

the other two are correcting.

fuck. that. shit.

there have to be consequences for your actions. taking toys away or "grounding" does not always work in this world.

wanna know a big reason why i've never robbed a bank or something similar? because i was fortunate enough to have parents that taught me consequence, real consequence, at a young age.
    Be careful with that, I would get hit for lieing about stupid things like where i hid certain things i didnt want to share with my brother. I moved out the day i graduated highschool like left the ceremony packed my things and left, ive cut my dad and by association my brother and sister basically out of my life because I dont want to talk to him so I wont call them. Its been many years now I dont even have track at this point.

Just because it didnt affect you that way doesnt mean others will handle it the same.

Happily married with 4 cats, cats are better than children anyway.

may i ask, what do you consider hitting? a butt spank? a hand slap? a closed fist to the eye? only one of those do i consider hitting.

the other two are correcting.
    bring one's hand or a tool or weapon into contact with (someone or something) quickly and forcefully.
    So no, spanking and slapping are hitting, unless you're going to tell me that spanking/slapping doesn't involve the physical striking of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    Be careful with that, I would get hit for lieing about stupid things like where i hid certain things i didnt want to share with my brother. I moved out the day i graduated highschool like left the ceremony packed my things and left, ive cut my dad and by association my brother and sister basically out of my life because I dont want to talk to him so I wont call them. Its been many years now I dont even have track at this point.

Just because it didnt affect you that way doesnt mean others will handle it the same.

Happily married with 4 cats, cats are better than children anyway.
    i'm very sorry that this has happened to you. as for lieing, i look at it like this. when my girls lie to me about something, i let it play out. they see the consequences of their own actions. that takes no action from me.

i don't mean to pry but i do have a feeling your situation was one of the extreme ones. i have a feeling your parents took things a little too far. i posted earlier today that i'm a large man, and i can't hit my kids in a serious way. i would hurt them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    So no, spanking and slapping are hitting, unless you're going to tell me that spanking/slapping doesn't involve the physical striking of someone.
    Context is forever key, If the idea is to cause harm and not to cause attention, you're probably hitting to hard. Honestly, I have seen more "Forced time outs" end in violent dragging and forcing than any smack I ever got from my folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    the force behind it matters. hitting someone is usually with the intent to cause physical harm. slapping and spanking are more of a "hey, wake the fuck up" type thing. at least in my mind.