Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That's precisely because we have that kind of people who think "ouin-ouin it's child abuse" we have a pussy sjw generation and a rampant crime rising all over the world. It's kind of funny to see people taking examples of "i did never take a slap of anything else and i'm just fine", well glad for you, but that doesn't mean anything.
    People who say "if you beat you kid, you are a bad parent", first of all, a slap is NOT beating your child, stop pretending it's the same, it's bad faith.

Second, what do you know about the parents and their children? People really think it's all about good or bad parenting? Then let me ask WHY absolutly wonderfull parents leads to murderous mass killers? Oh yeah, because when you are raising a child, there is the parenting, but there is ALSO the kid, he has a personnality, and sorry to burst some people bubble, but some people are born evil, they do not turn like that because of "society", they are bad by themselves, period.

Using physical punishment on your kids IS OK, as long as you DON'T make them on a regular basis, they MUST stay exceptionnal, for an EXCEPTIONNAL offense. Of course the ideal would be to never have to hit your child, but breaking news: in reality, children are different, and some of them NEED to take physical punishment to understand.

People who think you can raise every children just with words are delusionnal: you simply CAN'T. I have plenty of cases i can quote to prove my point, and i'm sure many people here can do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Violence:

“behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.”

It IS violence. You’re intending to cause pain to make a point.
    Violence is everywhere, is doesn't have any importance; making a point IS what matter, you are delivering a shock to your child, it is GOOD for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you need to hit your child, you're not fit to be a parent and should have your children taken away.
    It takes a really weak person to feel they need to use physical force in order to get a child in line.
    You clearly have no knowledge about the subject.
    Last edited by Uncle; 2018-05-01 at 12:04 PM.

there is a HUGE like lightyears huge difference between beating and a pop on the hand or bottom. Kid reaching for hot stove, pop on the hand no harm done (possible avoided) kid running wild in a store pop on the bottom no harm done. closed fist hit, or slap across the face or anywhere that leaves a mark that's beating and wrong. Not every kid responds to the please stop, or "count down" method just like every kid won't respond to a pop on the bottom... they hard part is finding out what method works best for a kid to teach them discipline and to follow rules.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

sweet jesus you people blow my mind.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    yep, complete idiot here. thanks for offering something to the topic of conversation.
    When it comes to handling children, clearly you are.

When it comes to handling children, clearly you are.
    teach me your ways, good sir. teach me how to know someone completely from two forum posts!

BUT i don't really spank my kids, i'm too big. honestly i know even my little taps would hurt a child, so i don't do that. i just take away the toys they're arguing over. just sayin i don't see the harm in a butt slap or a hand tap.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2018-05-01 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    That's precisely because we have that kind of people who think "ouin-ouin it's child abuse" we have a pussy sjw generation and a rampant crime rising all over the world. It's kind of funny to see people taking examples of "i did never take a slap of anything else and i'm just fine", well glad for you, but that doesn't mean anything.
    People who say "if you beat you kid, you are a bad parent", first of all, a slap is NOT beating your child, stop pretending it's the same, it's bad faith.

Second, what do you know about the parents and their children? People really think it's all about good or bad parenting? Then let me ask WHY absolutly wonderfull parents leads to murderous mass killers? Oh yeah, because when you are raising a child, there is the parenting, but there is ALSO the kid, he has a personnality, and sorry to burst some people bubble, but some people are born evil, they do not turn like that because of "society", they are bad by themselves, period.

Using physical punishment on your kids IS OK, as long as you DON'T make them on a regular basis, they MUST stay exceptionnal, for an EXCEPTIONNAL offense. Of course the ideal would be to never have to hit your child, but breaking news: in reality, children are different, and some of them NEED to take physical punishment to understand.

People who think you can raise every children just with words are delusionnal: you simply CAN'T. I have plenty of cases i can quote to prove my point, and i'm sure many people here can do the same.
    Except that is not true. Not a word you said here is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    teach me your ways, good sir. teach me how to know someone completely from two forum posts!
    If you hit a child, thats all I need to know. You should be behind bars.

I think violence is a sign for being overwhelmed. You don't know how to help yourself anymore and therefore you use violence.
    I don't say words will work every time, but teaching my kid violence as a way to solve my problems, would be my the last thing I do.
    Also I don't think that one small slap on the butt is violence, though...

Also people that use violence (loud screaming or hitting), tend to have another style of family as I have. I think a child has the right to say 'no', if I task it something. I'm not it's tyrann.
    So I won't punish it for not being obedient. I think I have to teach my child, that it is part of a small society called family where everyone has to bring in himself.
    If my child doesn't understand, that being lazy will have disadvantages I might have done something wrong.
    Maybe it get's 'Stars' on a board or something for doing housework and 10 stars will get it a small toy.

I wouldn't know how to deal with my child if it was mobbing someone else, though.. I just hope it would learn from me, that violence isn't the way to go and helping others is always better than being some ass.

But my experience is based on cat's and they don't understand my starboard.. so yeah, thats it ):
    Last edited by Inukashi; 2018-05-01 at 12:15 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

and we should've tossed you off a cliff when you were born. SPARTA!!! lol you're adorable have a nice day

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evermynd View Post
    I always find it funny when people say stuff like " I was spanked and I turned out fine"

You were spanked and grew up to be a person who thinks it is ok to beat children. I wouldn't call that "fine"
    Nice combination of straw man, gas lighting and bait. Do the fucking mods even do anything here?

Naw i'm not cool with beating kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post

Violence is everywhere, is doesn't have any importance; making a point IS what matter, you are delivering a shock to your child, it is GOOD for him.

You clearly have no knowledge about the subject.
    I do. I have kids myself, I have statistics for crime rates and I have a degree in behavioral science and would say I have better understanding of how people react to violence than someone that writes a post such as the one you just wrote here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering what the OP considers "beating," I'd have to say I'm all for it. There's nothing wrong with today's children that can't be fixed by a swift return to the heady days of corporal punishment and discipline.

I’m willing to bet you wouldn’t be okay with someone hitting a dog to stop bad behavior.... or how about the elderly? Disabled? Kids, though? - Yeah, totally fine “sometimes it’s needed”.

SMH.
    literally just had this happen. our warehouse dog, a sweet 1 year old mutt named Bugsy ATTACKED, i mean ready to kill, a dog that a customer brought in. the customer was a fairly small woman, as was the dog. bugsy is mixed with pit and probably boxer. bugsy was snarling and attacking the dog (luckily bugs was on her lead) and nipping at the woman who was just trying to pull her dog up and away. you think i didn't give bugs a nice pop to get her mind off the other dog?

hell yea i did. deal with it. ended what could have been a messy situation.

disclaimer: bugsy isn't my dog, it's my coworkers but she comes to work a lot. My dogs dont pull that shit, BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN DISCIPLINED.

If you beat your kids then you shouldn't have kids.

I want to say I’m against it, then I see those little bad ass kids at Walmart cursing out their parents and think there are times when it’s necessary to slap them or get the belt.

7+ Year Old Account
    we have a generation of spoilet shits so many people shoud since they suck already and its the only way for them to get them back in controll

- - - Updated - - -

Except it is, keep being delusionnal, that won't stop reality to pop on your face.

I’m willing to bet you wouldn’t be okay with someone hitting a dog to stop bad behavior.... or how about the elderly? Disabled? Kids, though? - Yeah, totally fine “sometimes it’s needed”.

SMH.
    In fact, the argument of the dog, i saw it primehand, and it was not ok, not because of the hitting, but because the master was clearly abusing the dog for no reason.
    And the elder one is irrelevant, elders are fully grown adults who don't need discipline to be teached, you don't punish elders, and if you do, it's abuse.

And yes, kids are fine, because it is about their education, to teach them there are lines in life. You think i'm a horrible child abuser? I'm not, of course i would like to raise childrens without needing to use any physical punishment, but in truth, in the real world, sometimes, with some kids, words are NOT sufficients, and it has nothing to do with bad parenting, it as to do with the offense the kid has done, and the context of that offense, sometimes, you need to draw a very red line between the "you are in trouble" and the "you've gone way to far this time".

My dad belted me once when I was 9 after I got in trouble at school and I was always afraid he was gonna do it again but he never did.

My mom though, she loved whacking me with a spoon. Didn't hurt a whole lot, but boy did it sting.

Im fine with a little physical discipline but it won't be my first resort when it comes to my kids. I think the issue is right now that parents try too hard to be friends with their kids, but I don't see it that way. Im raising this person to be a human in the world, they aren't my friend. We can be like friends later, but that's after I ensure they aren't a little selfish prick who thinks the world owes them everything because mom and dad let them do whatever they wanted. Hopefully I can get there with just words and example, but. My parents took the physical approach sometimes with my brother and I, and neither of us have ever been in trouble for anything, we didn't have babies when we were teenagers, and we don't get on message boards and cry about physical abuse.

Not sure why you think that compares to what I said. If someone attacked you, you’d use physical force to stop them. If you’re beating your dogs for doing that action after it’s happened, you should have your dog(s) taken away.
    oh word, yeah im not just slappin her around for fun. i must've read too hastily

An occasional swat on the butt when a child does something potentially dangerous (like wandering into the street when they were warned not to) is warranted, and gives them incentive to not repeat the action. Children shouldn't be slapped, belted or otherwise hit, though.

Sometimes, a timeout just doesn't do it.

Your bias is obvious just by the way you worded your question. A quick light tap to your kids butt is not the same as "beating" them. I wholeheartedly disagree with someone that "beats" their children but I have no issue with a very rare spank if used properly and followed up with a discussion.

We have maybe disciplined our kids this way three times each in their lives, obviously when they were younger and they have grown into amazing people. One in dental hygienist school, one going to Stanford this summer for a law internship/workshop and one that wants to be an FBI agent, all great grades. In addition, people love our kids because they are respectful, honest, hard working and appreciative. Of course, this was all done mostly by example from the wife and I, plus having open, frank conversations with them. However I won't discount the couple spanks as not grabbing their attention and reorienting that we are the parents.