Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khirok View Post
    Fuck off about your "thalassian model" Nobody wanted void elves. Nightborne are nelf 2.0, velves are the worst trash Blizz has ever implemented.

One was the majority of all story in Legion, the other are garbage.
    Jesus...if this is how you're going to act then how could you expect Blizzard to cater to you? 'Worst trash Blizz has ever implemented'? That sounds like something a child would say when not given the toy they wanted...As a Horde player, Nightborne are not even close to Night Elf 2.0. They have some decent customization options but the based models look weak and malnourished. Night Elves at least still look healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraNic View Post
    Where was the problem with Nightborne?
    Having them work with them, flaunting them for most of Legion, and then Cucking the Alliance out of them. All the while giving the Alliance regurgitated garbage as Void Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck off about your "thalassian model" Nobody wanted void elves. Nightborne are nelf 2.0, velves are the worst trash Blizz has ever implemented.

One was the majority of all story in Legion, the other are garbage.
    If you are jealous of what the Horde is getting and contemptuous of what the Alliance is getting you are probably on the wrong faction.

On the other hand given this sort of attitude it's probably best if you remain with the Alliance.

Lack of passion towards Alliance content. I'm less interested in "Alliance lost ____" and more that Blizzard completed Horde content first, and kind of rushed the Alliance side because they got low on time. This happened constantly in MoP and Cataclysm.

I don't hate Blizzard for it; I get it, Horde are more interesting and flow more naturally for writing stories for. This just means they need more story writers that are more in tune with the Alliance side of things.

Are they doing this again in BfA, though? I don't know. It's a little disturbing that Mag'har were obviously the next upcoming race a long time before Kul Tiras, and that Kul Tirans still are not complete enough to work with, and if vulpera are indeed the next, we don't even know what the Alliance alternative might be at all. But in the end, it's the results that matter. I don't care if Horde are first on Blizzard's agenda, I don't even care if they have better or more interesting content, I just want the end result to be Alliance having good content on its own right that doesn't feel bad to play.

I'm patient... for now, I'm just waiting to see how things play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    If you are jealous of what the Horde is getting and contemptuous of what the Alliance is getting you are probably on the wrong faction.

On the other hand given this sort of attitude it's probably best if you remain with the Alliance.
    I Don't want to have to change factions just for Blizz to give us some decent content. Just look at the quality gap. Its blatant Blizz is giving the horde much better content.
    Last edited by Khirok; 2018-05-03 at 09:29 AM.

Cause the Alliance have turned into a boring ass lawful good human faction. Of course Blizzard could just write their way out of it but they don’t care enough I guess.

They should burn down Stormwind (and Anduin with it) and have Greymane take over as the human leader. Kill off Tyrande and Malfurion and put Maiev in charge, and give the dwarves and gnomes some legit screentime. If anyone there deserves to be “high king” it’s Mekkatorque for saving the Alliance in clutch moments multiple times and generally just getting his job done and not bitching about it. Draenei Gandalf should be killed off too.

Oh and Ironforge should return to being the main hub. It’s way WAY cooler than that generic ass LEGO castle.
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2018-05-03 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Wait we are going to do this? Oh lets do it Racials
    Another Alliance crier. I sincerely feel ashamed for the serious Alliance players having so many crying kids in their faction. And I really shouldn't discuss with you, because the racial thing has been widely discussed but hey, lets go point by point, because you got 0 neutrality in you analysis.

lets compare Lightforge to High mountain. High mountains got by far superior racials Lightforge is agreed by everyone the worst racials there is, even worse then most "baisc" races. customization, both are Kind of lackluster. DReanie is a more pale version with a Rune on their forhead. Taurens have bigger horns and a bit facial paiting on their horns. but by far racials here
    It was more a discussion about Mag'har and DI, but anyway, I only said that, in general terms, the Horde got less customization for the moment and worse racials. The LF one "could" be worse then the HM. But why compare LF and HM? And not HM and Void Elves? Don't get why you compare them that why. The HM ones are for the moment the better racials of the Horde allied races, okay, the bull rush is really useful, but what about the rest? Regarding customization, they are both lacking of options. I played Tauren, and adding the antlers to the HM is the only real difference btw them and the HM. The body-paints are nearly invisible unless you go without armor (as the LF, sure), and the skin colors are only 5, no more. Guess similar to the LF. We can agree those 2 races are the ones having less customization, but man, they're at the same lvl.

Void elves to Nightfallen. Ones More Racial here goes to Nightfallen. For magic They have a flat out more damge with a Flat 1% which is fairly strong, They have a AOE damge+SLow and a flat 1% less damge from magic, which is also strong. And can summon a mailbox the most usefull of the "summon" stuff better then a damn Anvil.
    Voidelves Have Entropic Embrace Which is below 1% damage increase. The Spartial rift is usefull but, highly limited in usefullness. And 50% less cost on Transmog and void storage is a joke. When it comes to customization They are equel. Both looks great with good options, i wont say that is not true.
    ... How can you say that the Void Elves racials are worse than the Nightborne ones? How is the fcking mailbox on 30 min cd useful? It is just a "funny" racial, nothing more. And the Arcane Pulse... hahahahahahahahaha, I mean, I play Nightborne a lot, and it is sh*t. The dmg it does is none, and the slow is every 3 mins. If you play any class that has slows, they are far better. The Void Elves, meanwhile, have all those useful racials, which I would gladly change for the Nightborne ones. Having a 1% more magic damage is ok, but is near OP.

Regarding customization... really? Void Elves have more customization. I mean, I like a lot the Nightborne, but they got few customization options (even Blizzard said they'll ad more options in some Q&A interview I saw, if I don't remember wrongly). And Velves even got the nearly full-beards Belves people have been asking for AGES (which oh, they didn't get yet). Velves got more hairstyle options, more skin options (Nightborne have only 3, just letting you known), females have also earring options, and male got facial hair options. If you compare them with the Nightborne less skin options and less hairstyle options, while having also facial hair options and jewelry options, I really thing it is objective to say that they got more customization. Just numbers. And you can count the Nightborne tattoos and their jewelry, but the option are less than the Velves facial hair options and the earring options. So more customization for Velves.

Dark iron to Mag'har. REALLY you think they are anyway NEAR as cloe in customization , that have to be a joke. Mag'har have 4 major different types of orc clans, with Tattoes, and skin color. While ALL black iron dwarves have, is faical tattoes.
    IF we look on racial, How can we even Maghar have 10% increased mountspeed, that is really good, that means . and a Passiv buff that grant 2nd dary stat. 10% less duration on Poisons, Diseases, and Curses by 10%. IS good, but yes does get outshadowed iron dwarves who can cleanse all of it and get a slight powerboost for that And 10% HP for Pet classes, that is still a lot for those 2 classes.
    For dark iron dwarves then. 4% speed indoors is. so minor with speed on gear and if we do that math Less then 10% while outdoors.
    reduce Physical damage by 1% is good, and as said above they can remove poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed every 2 min.
    But they also have 2 flat out useless abilitys Mole maschine, which dont work ,but will problay just be a heartstone every 30 min. And Mass Production. Why would you need to make Blacksmithing items faster. HAD it been ALL crafting maybe, but blacksmithing? had it been a chance to Procc and item like transmutation alchemey so you got a free bonus item, or some mats back that would be good(such as highmountains get more fish and meat) but no. 20% faster blacksmithing is Maybe the most useless ability in the game
    Mag'har have more skin colors, but that is not more customization at ALL. You forget the male DI piercings too, which Mag'har don't have. Also, the DI tattoos could be changed for every skin, not like the Mag'har ones, which I think is better, but okay, that's just imo. And they got about the same hair options and facial hair options. So for me it is quite equal. That Mag'har are a faction/race unity and the DI are an only clan is not a thing that has to do with customization, but with lore and devs decisions.

Regarding racials. Mag'har got 4. DI got 5. How's that equal? And let's be honest, the DI are far better man... just be honest and admite it. How useful having 10% more of pet health? That's useless af. We both know it. And that leave another 3 racials. 10% more mount speed. Ok. Useful, but not thaaaaaat useful. You wouldn't even notice it if you weren't told you had it. Savage Blood. The 10% less curses, poisons... etc. duration is... quite useful but not near useful and op as the Fire Blood of the DI. Another passive you wouldn't even notice if you weren't told about it. And the last one, Ancestral Call. They still don't know what to do with that one. First it was random, after that is was supposed to go with the skin color... I don't know how it works still. And that is the only "good" racial they got. And still missing the 5th one. Regarding Mole Machine, it doesn't work yet, in the Beta, but it will probably be like the Legion whistle. That's quite good.

So. The alliance have less customization, and the worst Racials or please tell me how i am wrong, for i can honestly not see it.
    Again, we can go by numbers regarding customization, counting each of the customization options, and then come back here and see who's right. Regarding racials, I think you're not being neutral at all. Saying the Mag'har racials are good... that's just not being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    >Allied races
    >Faction mounts
    >No new updates for old races
    >Void elves still using the old blood elf male face textures (aka duckface)
    >Horde has interactive story in BfA, Alliance story is linear and just there. We're back to Alliance being a faction to support Horde story.
    >Alliance was promised Lordaeron, loses both Teldrassil and Lordaeron

Everything listed above is stuff where Alliance is falling short. The Horde bias has always been there, but as an Alliance player it's starting to get frustrating to get less quality content based on the faction I play.

I know this thread will be filled with Horde players unable to realise their favoritism because they're the ones being favoured.

Inb4 "The horde is there waiting for you" - Ion 2018

I do realise that Blizzard chose to focus on Horde content for BfA first and seeing as they neared release, Alliance content has been rushed. Should be explained why though.
    As alliance player . Old race update's also counts for goblins.

But yeah i agree but you forgot some stuff.
    - We get less quest quality in BFA
    - previous expansions have been all horde horde horde.
    - raids except for nightmare where are orcs and horde
    - they get new druid forms. For kul tirans they take a current artifact skin. Put it on bear and cat form. And they do not even make it look different. So now cat and bear look like a before and after for some diet drink.
    - they get all there wishes...we get non.
    - they got way more story focus on their hero's and the differ. We have 4 versions of Genn/jaina .

Hell most raiders (top ones) have gone horde because of the better racials...what do they do...they buff the troll racial even more :S:S:S
    And yes it feels to me also that they are putting 70 to 80% of the effort and thought and time into the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Don't want to have to change factions just for Blizz to give us some decent content. Just look at the quality gap. Its blatant Blizz is giving the horde much better content.
    That is subjective. If you are determined to see everything the Alliance gets negatively and everything the Horde gets as some sort of favored child treatment then you are just going to get bitter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Lack of passion towards Alliance content. I'm less interested in "Alliance lost ____" and more that Blizzard completed Horde content first, and kind of rushed the Alliance side because they got low on time. This happened constantly in MoP and Cataclysm.

I don't hate Blizzard for it; I get it, Horde are more interesting and flow more naturally for writing stories for. This just means they need more story writers that are more in tune with the Alliance side of things.

Are they doing this again in BfA, though? I don't know. It's a little disturbing that Mag'har were obviously the next upcoming race a long time before Kul Tiras, and that Kul Tirans still are not complete enough to work with, and if vulpera are indeed the next, we don't even know what the Alliance alternative might be at all. But in the end, it's the results that matter. I don't care if Horde are first on Blizzard's agenda, I don't even care if they have better or more interesting content, I just want the end result to be Alliance having good content on its own right that doesn't feel bad to play.

I'm patient... for now, I'm just waiting to see how things play out.

The problem with the Alliance regarding storytelling is that they always lack some intern conflict, as a lot of people have already said. They need someone to betray them from the inside or someone "bad" doing other thing but playing the White Paladin Knights of The Greater Good. It is also easier to ad races to the Horde, which is, from the beginning, far more diverse race (looking) and culture wise than the Alliance. Worgen could have change that, but you ended with an angry old dog not doing much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    Eh, I'd say that's subjective. Void elves have the best customization of the lot, Nightborne and Highmountain options are jokes compared to them. Kul Tirans and Zandalari are both rad as hell.
    Horde ones are not as great. But they look different enough. Void elves look like dreanei because of their blue skin. Lightforged are so hard to differ from their normal counterparts it is insane. Atleast your 2 races look different enough.
    And you have a other bonus. You have hero's that can be used in story's. You have a shit ton of lore about your races. And your races are races...
    ours are a failed experiment witch might not be able to breed. And a paladin 1,5 upgrade. Witch needs them to do a ritual that can kill them...

This is, like, 6 mounts of the dozens we'll be seeing in the expansion. For all we know, the bee could be Alliance-only since they're situated in Kul Tiras.
    Yes the bee could/will be alliance.
    But it does not take away that we get recolors of old stuff. And you get new mounts.

Blood elves had a bug fixed, and Blizzard adjusted a color slider for a few faces. Whoopty-doo.
    I agree

This was fixed in the latest build.
    I agree with you on this. Its lame...but the update will trickle down to us alliance players to.

Can't say anything about this, I haven't looked into the story past Lordaeron because I don't care to spoil it before the official release, or before any last-minute changes a la Jade Forest.
    ( without spoilers). Think of it like this: Horde story is epic, deals with the whole zone/situation. Has many lore stuff.
    As alliance you have more valley of the 4 winds questing...without the whole lets follow chen bit. So just dozens of small grouped quests , that have nothing to do with each other. ( so far...it might change...but we are only 3 months away from launch...so that is a lot of rewriting).

We were told that Teldrassil would burn and Lordaeron would be destroyed pretty much from the start. (though I guess they changed it from being indefensible to being covered in plague goop) The Alliance wasn't promised a damn thing in that regard.
    He means the following:
    Horde takes/destroys so we can not use...all night elf places. And they have the broken isle.

alliance does not even get 1 city....

There are more things that make it pretty sure its more horde focused...again.
    And a bit more focus i can live with....but it is not a bit.
    They have been even so lazy that trolls get new druid forms.
    And kul tiran cat and bear are just straight copy's from current artifact skin. And they do not even look different...they just look like a fat/thin version of each other.

Deleted
    That is subjective. If you are determined to see everything the Alliance gets negatively and everything the Horde gets as some sort of favored child treatment then you are just going to get bitter.

Or he can just play Horde. I don't get why so many people thing the Horde looks better and don't want to try it. Are they bound by contract to the Alliance? Have they signed with their blood and give their souls?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlindrel View Post
    Or he can just play Horde. I don't get why so many people thing the Horde looks better and don't want to try it. Are they bound by contract to the Alliance? Have they signed with their blood and give their souls?
    Some people enjoy playing the victim

Deleted
    Having them work with them, flaunting them for most of Legion, and then Cucking the Alliance out of them. All the while giving the Alliance regurgitated garbage as Void Elves.
    Oh boy here we go again. Alliance helped the nightborne not to do THEM a favor (well, also them but not mainly.) but to defeat Elisande, Gul'dan and the LEGION (main Villain in Warcraft btw.) in Suramar. Furthermore, the Nightborne first stepped in contact with the alliance, but Tyrande didnt want them since they were too much like the Highborne they exiled 10.000 years ago.
    And just as we are talking about Nightborne, what about Lightforged Draenei? Horde also helped them, but they too gave a fuck about them and rather joined the alliance. But did anyone complain? No. Most people who complain about the races (High Elf race included) just don't get their priorities right. Ion is right, if you wanna play a High elf, go play a blood elf. If you don't want to because its horde, then the faction has a higher priority than your decision to play a high elf.

That is not.

IF you look at the facts. it really is not...how many orcs and horde races have you see in raids since mop?
    how many alliance?

Look at the questing....all can be supported by facts and numbers...
    Hell even horde biased youtubers/twitch streamers have seen a big difference between the 2 factions.
    And it is not that we want it to be 50-50
    But right now its 80/90 to 20/10 .

7+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty oblivious Alliance getting shafted in BFA and everyone who tries to deny it just have no fucking clue. Ion already said - Horde is there waiting for you.

I just can't wait when BFA release and it fails fucking miserably.

For all who don't like how Blizzard treat Alliance and Horde story/content I honestly suggest to unsub. Blizzard understands and start listen to players only when its hits their salaries.

For example just look on character creation menu. Its fucking shame have such abomination in 2018 when you have games like BDO/Bless/FF14 or even so much hated Wildstar that provide much more freedom and choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Its pretty oblivious Alliance getting shafted in BFA and everyone who tries to deny it just have no fucking clue. Ion already said - Horde is there waiting for you.

I just can't wait when BFA release and it fails fucking miserably.

For all who don't like how Blizzard treat Alliance and Horde story/content I honestly suggest to unsub. Blizzard understands and start listen to players only when its hits their salaries.

For example just look on character creation menu. Its fucking shame have such abomination in 2018 when you have games like BDO/Bless/FF14 or even so much hated Wildstar that provide much more freedom and choice.
    Ion said there Horde is there waiting for you in response to a narrow point, the ability to play a High Elf. In much the same way, if you want to play a Human model the response could well be that the Alliance is there waiting for you and I would say that to any Horde player who wants a Nathanos type Undead.

Quoting that line out of context in an attempt to portray some sort of systemic anti Alliance bias that doesn't exist strikes me as a bit tinfoil hat worthy.

lesser faction

7+ Year Old Account
    Ion said there Horde is there waiting for you in response to a narrow point, the ability to play a High Elf. In much the same way, if you want to play a Human model the response could well be that the Alliance is there waiting for you and I would say that to any Horde player who wants a Nathanos type Undead.

Quoting that line out of context in an attempt to portray some sort of systemic anti Alliance bias that doesn't exist strikes me as a bit tinfoil hat worthy.
    Yea sure. You right. I should be ashamed for telling such things. I'm so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    And yet the Horde is going to lose leaders like crazy in BfA. While the Alliance will only gain in leaders and remain stagnant.
    The Alliance may not physically lose leaders, but their leaders all become boring and forgettable characters kissing human king's ass. All in all it's worst. At least Horde leaders got some personality. Alliance leaders are dead inside.

Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Cause the Alliance have turned into a boring ass lawful good human faction.
    My point exactly. Blizzard seems to have made its choice with an ever-changing Horde, scourged with inner conflicts and an Alliance looking for stability, where every race steps back for the human lead.