Thread: Sludge Belcher

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sludge Belcher

Looks like Sludge Belcher has been removed from Unholy's talent tree in BfA.
    I just hope it becomes a cosmetic glyph in the future. I prefer having Patchwerk as my minion rather than Timmy.

Deleted
    I'm doubtful mainly because of the Ghoul kit, think about the Leap ability of a ghoul imagine an abomination doing that haha, perhaps they might make it a glyph and the animation would change to the chain and it jumps towards them but im not too sure how they will incorporate it.

Quote Originally Posted by rustaclut View Post
    I'm doubtful mainly because of the Ghoul kit, think about the Leap ability of a ghoul imagine an abomination doing that haha, perhaps they might make it a glyph and the animation would change to the chain and it jumps towards them but im not too sure how they will incorporate it.
    naah man "the tech is just not there yet"

Thats a shame. Having that hook was kind of useful

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    we can pray i guess

Red face

You guys do know that if you hook a boss mob or anything that cannot be cc'd the abom flies to it on live right? I cannot imagine that it would be difficult to make this it's default interaction.

Why can't Death Grip work this way?

The worst part is the aoe, Gas Cloud>>>>>>>>>>>>>> aoe Claw

Despite having the beta, I rarely log in and try stuff, but hearing about this has just made my day! I miss my cute ghoul, I don't like the abomination.

I am so happy with this!

Was never a fan of the abomination model, that being said I wanted us to have options for different looking higher undead, so say a glyph to make the abomination look like a skeleton knight or some such, be a shame to see the utility of the talent itself go away.

I really like the abom model and it utility i really hope they add it back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treetoppz View Post
    You guys do know that if you hook a boss mob or anything that cannot be cc'd the abom flies to it on live right? I cannot imagine that it would be difficult to make this it's default interaction.
    Yes. i did know this Treetoppz but thank you for reinforcing the image in my head of how ridiculous this looks, never mind the horrible interaction it had when pulling mobs to and towards the abomination.

so your telling me you would be happy with all unholy dk's having a big abomination flying across the map with his hook, when the whole interaction of a hook is based on the original abomination model and mechanics of pulling you to them when you try to run off.

Its a terrible mechanic and only implemented because people would of moaned being forced into choosing an abomination without keeping the up time through Ghouls Leap ability on bosses.

I will miss the abom's grip, it's been extremely useful this expansion being able to grip two mobs at the same time, gripping 'disengaging' mobs back to back, gripping while CCd, etc..

Hopefully we will have access to the abom's model from a glyph at least, especially since the model was updated for Legion after so many years.

The glyph could make the abomination charge in, instead of leap, or do what you suggested with having the hook pull the abomination towards the target.

Although I'm sure there's at least one person out there who would disagree, I think most people would be satisfied with a Glyph of Abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by d0cHolland View Post
    The glyph could make the abomination charge in, instead of leap, or do what you suggested with having the hook pull the abomination towards the target.

Although I'm sure there's at least one person out there who would disagree, I think most people would be satisfied with a Glyph of Abomination.
    I much rather keep abom as it and have 2 grips than a death grip reset on kill good only for WQs and lvling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    I much rather keep abom as it and have 2 grips than a death grip reset on kill good only for WQs and lvling.
    It's on death/kill (as in not killing blow) afaik, which makes it usable in dungeons, especially m+ as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d0cHolland View Post

I completely agree it would be awesome. also i think what people have to consider is they did a rework on the art for abominations as well mid way through because of the use DK's had. I'm sure they want to keep that in the game but like you said for the sake of it not looking ridiculous i would have to charge in instead or jumping or gripping towards.

Hopefully the Abomination becomes the new Dark Transformation model. That solves everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    Every time I look at the tiny range of the charge/leap moves, or get a line of sight, or no path, or some other weird error. It reminds me of the Barbarian Leap Attack from Diablo 2. You click you jump. Why can't they make leaps in WoW work like that almost 20 years later?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    Hopefully the Abomination becomes the new Dark Transformation model. That solves everything.
    Hmm doesn't solve the Lore aspect of it which is a lot of the times the main factors when making changes like this, abomination is what it is, piled together from corpses not transformed from a ghoul.