Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSapmi View Post
    The movie has been out for a sufficient amount of time for such topics. If you haven't seen it yet, that's your problem.
    No that is not remotely how it goes. it only been out for a week.. Atleast 4 weeks or so for a major movie like this.

Score! I got to die the way I lived. By comic book villainy!

who is thanos, and what movie is it from?

Look, we get it. You don't read or know anything about big marvel comic events. But Infinity Gauntlet saga has been out for years now. Next spoiler people will complain about is Spiderman makes a deal with Satan to stop Aunt May from dying.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    why is it not?
    it literally spoils that thanos succeeds and kills a bunch of people
    Of course he does.

They are basically loosely following an old comic story where he killed everyone.

Is the Hulk a separate character from Bruce Banner for this purpose. That would make for one lame superhero if the Hulk part was killed and only Bruce Banner survives.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Is the Hulk a separate character from Bruce Banner for this purpose. That would make for one lame superhero if the Hulk part was killed and only Bruce Banner survives.
    If there is such thing (I dont think so) can we say that multiple personality disorder patients got cured also?

Deleted
    my explanation is literally what the OP did. lol.
    I'm not sure it is.

The OP just said Thanos killed some people, were you one of them? Put yourself in the position of not knowing how the film ended. It's a film about conflict in which a character kills people. Is that a spoiler? I would say not, but that is all the OP said. Intrigue is created by the fact that they asked were you spared? Without knowing the context it doesn't actually spoil anything. You could guess the context but is that still a spoiler? If ten people guess a film's end with no context and one of them is right, did they spoil the film for themselves?

Meanwhile, you post a line from the trailer and emphasis that he suceeds. Your reply is therefore more of a spoiler than the OP.

You also refer to the trailer assuming that someone who cares about spoilers would not consider the trend of Hollywood giving away too much in them these days a good enough reason to also avoid the trailer.

Feel free to debate the points btw but know I don't care about spoilers. I just like arguing with people on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    I'm not sure it is.

The OP just said Thanos killed some people, were you one of them? Put yourself in the position of not knowing how the film ended. It's a film about conflict in which a character kills people. Is that a spoiler? I would say not, but that is all the OP said. Intrigue is created by the fact that they asked were you spared? Without knowing the context it doesn't actually spoil anything. You could guess the context but is that still a spoiler? If ten people guess a film's end with no context and one of them is right, did they spoil the film for themselves?

Meanwhile, you post a line from the trailer and emphasis that he suceeds. Your reply is therefore more of a spoiler than the OP.

You also refer to the trailer assuming that someone who cares about spoilers would not consider the trend of Hollywood giving away too much in them these days a good enough reason to also avoid the trailer.

Feel free to debate the points btw but know I don't care about spoilers. I just like arguing with people on the internet
    then maybe I'm too smart and connected the dots too easily.

but if I know that the villain's plan is to eradicate half of all life
    and then someone posts a link with the specific wording that implies whether you were in one half or the other, it's not hard to come to the conclusion that he succeeds in the movie.

Imagine if I posted a thread with the title "guess who's been dead the whole time at the end of sixth sense"

also even if i did spoil more
    there's a difference between spoiling in a thread title that you cant NOT see and post in page 2 in an already spoiled thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Of course he does.

They are basically loosely following an old comic story where he killed everyone.
    this is a terrible excuse since they've deviated so much from the comics already that it doesnt matter.

ofc I expected him to kill everyone, but that doesnt mean I knew for sure.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-05-04 at 10:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Gondola View Post
    I don't feel so good Mr OP...
    Perfectly balanced, as it should be.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    then maybe I'm too smart and connected the dots too easily.

but if I know that the villain's plan is to eradicate half of all life
    and then someone posts a link with the specific wording that implies whether you were in one half or the other, it's not hard to come to the conclusion that he succeeds in the movie.

Imagine if I posted a thread with the title "guess who's been dead the whole time at the end of sixth sense"

also even if i did spoil more
    there's a difference between spoiling in a thread title that you cant NOT see and post in page 2 in an already spoiled thread.
    To be fair your Sixth Sense comparison is flawed. For someone who had not seen the film they are more likely to consider the main cast before anyone else and I would assume the majority would pick the main character. There isn't much leeway with the hints compared to the Avengers movie.

As for you being more clever, I think not. Not to disparage your intelligence which I know nothing about, in this context I feel it is more a case that you seem unable to detach yourself from what you already know and are drawing your conclusions from that stand point. You mention Thanos's plan but seem to feel it's common knowledge. I did not know that. And the most likely reason for that is .....

I have not seen the film, and I don't read the comics.

Since the thread started I have read elsewhere spoilers that help me understand what you were all talking about.

From my not knowing the story I can say with certainty, the OPs post did not spoil anything for me. And from the same position I can say whilst yours is hardly what I would call a spoiler, if compared with with the OPs post it is definitely closer to being one than the OP.

And yes there is a difference between the OP and your post, I have not said or suggested otherwise. All I have said is that if the OP's post is a spoiler, yours is moreso.

As a side note I think your bringing up The Sixth Sense is fantastic irony (given the thread context as a whole), but not for the reason you chose. I had zero interest in watching that film UNTIL I read a spoiler about the big twist, and it's actually because of that I sought it out (by then it was on DVD) to watch it. I was pretty glad I did in honesty.

I have not seen the film, and I don't read the comics.
    his plan is told literally in the first trailer you dont need to see the movie to connect the dots, at all.

From my not knowing the story I can say with certainty, the OPs post did not spoil anything for me. And from the same position I can say whilst yours is hardly what I would call a spoiler, if compared with with the OPs post it is definitely closer to being one than the OP.
    at the very least I didnt make a thread with the title of it, if you enter into a thread about a movie then spoilers are kinda free game, thread titles however, are not.

As a side note I think your bringing up The Sixth Sense is fantastic irony (given the thread context as a whole), but not for the reason you chose. I had zero interest in watching that film UNTIL I read a spoiler about the big twist, and it's actually because of that I sought it out (by then it was on DVD) to watch it. I was pretty glad I did in honesty.
    well to each his own I guess, but to me if someone spoils a movie I wont even bother watching it anymore.
    it ruins the entire experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the problem is that nobody cares that they deviate from the comics.

it's ridiculous. why even make a movie about something if you're not gonna make it the same as the source material?

but whatever, defend mediocrity as much as you want. but realize you're the reason movies, games, and tv sucks ass now. you allowing them to be soulless, commercialized, mass produced shit.
    why even make a movie about it if the entire thing is the same?

see I can flip that around too, it's called an ADAPTATION
    if it was adapted word for word it'd be pointless.

look at lord of the rings, one of the best movies ever made and it took plenty of liberty from the source material (and most of it was a good choice)
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-05-04 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    his plan is told literally in the first trailer you dont need to see the movie to connect the dots, at all.
    at the very least I didnt make a thread with the title of it, if you enter into a thread about a movie then spoilers are kinda free game, thread titles however, are not.
    I agree. At the end of the day if you care about spoilers then you need to take some responsibility for it and not start reading any form of media that contains words that clearly indicate the subject matter is the film you don't want spoiled.

I got involved because in the realm of spoilers, from the context of little knowledge to begin with, the OP wasn't much of a spoiler IMO.

well to each his own I guess, but to me if someone spoils a movie I wont even bother watching it anymore.
    it ruins the entire experience.
    I understand that. I know people who get really upset over spoilers, I just never have and in that example the spoiler led to my seeing a film I otherwise never would have. I realise I should probably consider myself lucky I'm not bothered by spoilers really.

Also, I am now booked in to see Avengers on Sunday. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!!!!

(only kidding, knock yourselves out)