Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why are male sex toys looked down upon, when female ones are not?

Male sex toys are seen as creepy, and only losers use them. Meanwhile, women who have a dildo in their drawers are seen as free-spirited and enjoying their sexuality or at the very least normal.

It gets even more weird when it comes to guys who don't easily get girls. Let's bring in Incels for now, since it's quite a hot topic because of recent events.

They are told time and time again that "they are not owed sex, nobody owes them anything". That is correct, 100% correct, but the problem comes when the incels who DON'T smash into women with a van instead go and buy a sex doll they are shamed for that as well, because "they are creepy losers". How can they even win? They lose either way as they are called entitled idiots when they want sex, and creepy losers when they give up and just buy a toy to satisfy their need.

Who is looking down on male sex toys or shaming someone for using them?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Male sex toys are seen as creepy, and only losers use them. Meanwhile, women who have a dildo in their drawers are seen as free-spirited and enjoying their sexuality or at the very least normal.

It gets even more weird when it comes to guys who don't easily get girls. Let's bring in Incels for now, since it's quite a hot topic because of recent events.

They are told time and time again that "they are not owed sex, nobody owes them anything". That is correct, 100% correct, but the problem comes when the incels who DON'T smash into women with a van instead go and buy a sex doll they are shamed for that as well, because "they are creepy losers". How can they even win? They lose either way as they are called entitled idiots when they want sex, and creepy losers when they give up and just buy a toy to satisfy their need.
    Why are you pushing the narrative that male sex dolls are a negative thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    A lot of people, quite frankly. We had a discussion about it at a party I attended a few months back and the general consensus was that male sex toys are for "desperate betas who can't get laid". I didn't agree with it, but it's far from the first time I hear the same point.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-10304413.html
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskFeminist...ning_sex_toys/
    https://everydayfeminism.com/2015/12...ex-toy-stigma/

It's far far only me who has seen the taboo on male sex toys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    OPs mom probably
    "Are you playing with that rubber flashlight again? Go outside and play with the kids!"

"But mooOooom, I am 34..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Save yourself some money and just use your hands dude.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Save yourself some money and just use your hands dude.
    I don't personally own one, but I have thought about buying a fleshlight from time to time just to see how similar they are to the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Most people do, actually. It's one of those "norms of society" things. In fact most people that say they aren't against it just to look good in public when asked the question will have looked down on/laughed at somebody for owning/wanting a male sex toy in the past. That's just how people work when they're in large groups, the coolest ideas and viewpoints, and the least likely to get you ridiculed become the most accepted.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

This thread's gold.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

7+ Year Old Account
    OP sounds like the standard thoughts of the sexually repressed.

Who gives a shit? I'm sure the idiots who "look down on" male sex toys exclusively are vastly outnumbered by the idiots who think masturbation in general is wrong. Unless you're actually breaking the law, who cares.

I think there's a difference between something like a flashlight and having a full on sex doll.

I haven't heard of people that look down upon them, but then again, I don't scour the nether regions of the internet to find a small group of people foaming at the mouth over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post

It gets even more weird when it comes to guys who don't easily get girls.
    It's actually pretty simple and actually quite natural

Women are sex selectors - humans are similar to other animal species in this regard

A man using a male sex toy implies the man was not selected for sex (= is a loser) and has to satisfy himself with a lesser substitute

Not saying this is a nice or fair view, but it is the implicit bias we all have in our minds, whether we like to admit it or not

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I think there's a difference between something like a flashlight and having a full on sex doll.
    Sure. Definitely depends on how much wine I've had or just how kinky my current girl friend is.

Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's actually pretty simple and actually quite natural

Women are sex selectors - humans are similar to other animal species in this regard

A man using a male sex toy implies the man was not selected for sex (= is a loser) and has to satisfy himself with a lesser substitute

Not saying this is a nice or fair view, but it is the implicit bias we all have in our minds, whether we like to admit it or not
    With this particularly linear view on gender roles regarding sex what would the scenario where a casual friend with benefits, female, giving the male an expensive sextoy as a gift to said man fall under?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Haha no.

Next you'll be saying humans have social hierarchies because lobsters do.

Stop being such an anti-science SJW
    and go read up on basic biology

Female mate choice

Although, in humans, both males and females are particular in terms of whom they decide to mate with, as is seen in nature, females exhibit even more mate choice selection than males. According to Bateman's principle of Lifespan Reproductive Success (LRS), human females display the least variance of the two sexes in their LRS due to their high obligatory parental investment, that is a nine-month gestational period, as well as lactation following birth in order to feed offspring so that their brain can grow to the required size.[60]

Historically, human female sexual selection can be examined by looking at ways in which males and females are sexually dimorphic, especially in traits that serve little other evolutionary purpose. For example, male traits such as the presence of beards, overall lower voice pitch, and average greater height are thought to be sexually selected traits as they confer benefits to either the women selecting for them, or to their offspring. Experimentally, women have reported a preference for men with beards and lower voices.[61][62]

Female mate choice hinges on many different coinciding male traits, and the trade off between many of these traits must be assessed. The ultimate traits most salient to female human mate choice, however, are parental investment, resource provision and the provision of good genes to offspring. Many phenotypic traits are thought to be selected for as they act as an indication of one of these three major traits. The relative importance of these traits when considering mate selection differ depending on the type of mating arrangement females engage in. Human women typically employ long term mating strategies when choosing a mate, however they also engage in short term mating arrangements, so their mate choice preferences change depending on the function of the type of arrangement.[63]

Male mate choice

Generally, it is unusual for males within a species to be the choosy sex. There are many reasons for this. In humans, following sexual reproduction, the female is obliged to endure a nine-month pregnancy and childbirth.[63] This means that females naturally provide a greater parental investment to offspring, than males.[63][64] Human males have a larger quantity of gametes than females, which are replenished at a rate of approximately 12 million per hour. Conversely, female humans are born with a fixed amount of egg cells which are not restocked over the lifespan.[63] This provides males with a greater window of opportunity to mate and reproduce than females, hence why females are usually more choosy.
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2018-05-04 at 08:51 AM.

Society dictates that men have to “earn” their pleasure by going through the ritual of courting a lady. This is why male masturbation is looked down upon as cheating or disgusting and lady masturbation is often attractive.

it’s mgtow bullshit

Deleted
    Isn't male sexuality in general just kind of looked down upon though.