Poll: What side would you pick?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Future of the The Light & Void

"The team wants players to pick a race and faction based on what they identify with."

I wanted to pick your brain. If it finally came down to identifying your choice of the Light or Void, who would you decide to align yourself with?
    Last edited by YouWillAllAnswerToSithis; 2018-05-06 at 02:14 PM.

As a Void Elf fan, I will choose the Light. I would never side with the Void -- In fact, the very reason why my character decided to infuse themselves with the Void, was to turn the power of the enemy against them. However, the Void will be the instrument that Void Elves will use to prove their worth.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    I would also pick the Void, I've always been drawn to the darker, gray areas of life. I see no reason why that would change.

Dark side for life yo!

Side note: PLEASE fix the spelling in that poll, it's doing my head in, lol.
    Last edited by Byleth; 2018-05-06 at 11:13 AM.
    Here is something to believe in!

Lawful Good vs. Chaotic Evil. Boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The Light.

And then I'd betray and force the light to obey once the Void was out of the way. That's why I rolled a Blood Elf Paladin goddamnit.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Side note: PLEASE fix the spelling in that poll, it's doing my head in, lol.
    Yeah, it's driving me crazy, too. Not sure how to fix it properly (i.e. nothing showing up that I can see on my side). I'll message a mod.

7+ Year Old Account
    or instead of picking a side, we could stick to our existence and fight for balance in the universe because i really dont want to see the universe devoured in shadows or trapped in crystals.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2018-05-06 at 11:25 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Blizz will merge them to reduce complexity and end up with Reasonably Well Lit Void.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Lawful Good vs. Chaotic Evil. Boring.
    I'd put it more along the lines of CG vs CE(maybe even LE), while the servants of light and void might be the alignment that you said, the higher up powers are not.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Instead of projecting your antipathy, look at the evidence. Shattrath was ruled by a Naaru and was a bastion of civilization and safety in a land torn asunder by demonic forces. Nobody was trapped in crystals; refugees were allowed to continue their own traditions and cultures; forgiveness and clemency were shown to the Scryers allowing them to peacefully surrender. It's pure Sun Tzu- victory over your enemy without conflict. In contrast, the void literally consumes everything it comes into contact with. How is this even a debate?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am more of a grey paladin. Not as merciful as the typical paladin but not deadly as a death knight something in between I will call myself the Grey paladin.

Perhaps instead of an Alliance and Horde there will be a Void and Light faction.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Since they revealed in Legion that Light may be not so good as we thought, I wonder if we see expansion where we pick side between Light and Void. I guess BfA will resolve whole Alliance vs. Horde war (probably in very brutal way), just like Legion resolved.. well Legion plot.

But it's cool from time to time to have expac when we turn against each other. Light vs. Void could be perfect opportunity. It would be like BfA, but a) you pick your own faction (of course there would be option to switch, but it must hurt - something like reseting your Artifact to 0) b) whole PVP is between Light and Void, at least for 10 levels and endgame of this expac.

There is one small problem - some classes are pure Light and Void users, but I bet Blizz would somehow resolve this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    both of the factions and races can burn in hell for ruining alleria and creating the spawn of satan. along with whoever designed them.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you pick the void I suspect you like having tentacles and shadows shoved into your openings and if you pick the light then there is a chance you might become a bloodthirsty zealot who see people with different opinions as a threat to your light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    both of the factions and races can burn in hell for ruining alleria and creating the spawn of satan.
    What spawn?

Deleted
    100% would go Void

Both are neither evil nor good, Void's more interesting though. I choose chaotic freedom over lawful obedience.

The Light; it's too hard to see without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta go with Void. I think you need elements of both to truly thrive, but the Void's infinite possibility allows for more potential freedom and flourishing than the Light's rigid stagnating order.

Quote Originally Posted by Venarik View Post
    The Light; it's too hard to see without it.
    Too much Light will blind you. In the darkness, the eyes open wider.

The Void. The Light would make for a pretty boring game.