344 26.10%
  • Warlords of Draenor (WoD)

22 1.67%
  • Legion

248 18.82%
Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Best WoW Expansion Poll

Title says it all, say it with the power of your collective vote!

Feel free to explain why you love the expansion you chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think your lost sir. this is off topic. *cracks knuckles* we don't take kindly to your kind round these parts. also wrath.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Wrath of the Lich King.
    No doubt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla wasnt a expansion.

TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    The people voting for MoP and Legion make me sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    As usual, WotLk will win. Most of the people who are still playing started with it, so they don't realize how terrible it was, because they don't know how much of a step in the wrong direction it was.
    or because it was a very good expansion.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    or because it was a very good expansion.
    I think a lot of people forgot how much time they really spent running around in circles in dalaran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally for me, either WOTLK or Legion.

WOTLK, because that's when I joined with a bunch of friends.

Or Legion, when I finally was able to get into real raiding starting with Nighthold.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Aye, vanilla isn’t an expansion, I’m fat and lazy and just wanted to word it that way

10+ Year Old Account
    The best expansion is the first one.

In its time, LK is a lock at #1.

But if you were to put the two side by side and twisted in the relative differences between today and when LK came out over a wide scope of factors....Legion is a close second.

How, in any world, is MOP getting so many votes though. Seriously. WoD is WAAY down at the bottom of the list of course, but Panda has to be second to worst on almost any objective list.

10+ Year Old Account
    edit: Not in Gen-OT anymore

Quote Originally Posted by TickerDS
    How, in any world, is MOP getting so many votes though.
    MoP moved the game into its current direction but the pacing broke things up a bit more. There was Horde and Alliance at the start, Trolls and Mogu in the middle, Sha and Titans casting a shadow at the end, and Mantid as a side story.

I gave a narrow lead to Legion for changes to the grind of dailies, for not leaving me sick of the next expansion's theme before the expansion is even released, and of all things for the allied races here at the end.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2018-05-05 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Not in Gen-OT anymore
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TickerDS View Post

But if you were to put the two side by side and twisted in the relative differences between today and when LK came out over a wide scope of factors....Legion is a close second.

How, in any world, is MOP getting so many votes though. Seriously. WoD is WAAY down at the bottom of the list of course, but Panda has to be second to worst on almost any objective list.
    because furries.

15+ Year Old Account
    There really is no single best some like WOD had great raids but nothing else outside of them Wrath had a great raiding and questing but Having to do BOTH 10man and 25man to get the best gear was a pain in the ass and then there is Cata which had 2 solid teirs and a pretty good leveling storyline then it all went to hell for non raiding and even for raiding the last 14 months was just awful.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends, are we talking about WOW 1 or WOW2?

Obviously, TBC was special and pulls ahead, although WotLK is VERY close... if not equal.

IN WOW 2 is MoP and Legion.. I still remember how afraid I was of MoP and it turned out to be a pretty good expansion in all senses if you ask me. Legion is in the same boat, it is special because it closes so many open chapters and it does it nicely.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's Warlords of Draenor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TickerDS View Post

Because unlike most of the people we dont just see "omfglolpandas" but the actual beauty that was pandaria as a continent. The music was on point and we had some of the best content patches with 5.2. Say what you want about MoP but it was one of the best expansions WoW ever had. Classes were somewhat unique and PvP was fun in later seasons. Raiding was amazing especially Throne of Thunder.

Also this Track:

Last edited by mmoc0f4b7c4548; 2018-05-05 at 07:24 AM.

Surprised to see Mists up there... I quit that entire expansion, hated everything about it.

mist of pandaria absolutely.. loved everything about it. each patches were so cool

Mists for me personally.

Enjoyed the zones, story was good, had some pretty looking mounts in Cloud Serpents, Timeless Isle is still my favourite endgame zone, Siege of Orgrimmar and Throne of Thunder and 2 of my most favourite raids of all time and I enjoyed the dungeons.

Didn't mind scenarios either. Was nice to have little mini dungeons with small stories going on around the world.