344 26.10%
  • Warlords of Draenor (WoD)

22 1.67%
  • Legion

248 18.82%
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauntic View Post
    Wow. I'm surprised MoP got so many votes. Everyone was trashing that expansion right before WoD came out, lol.
    MoP's launch was very good. Leveling was great and the continent was beautiful. Yes, the expansion had problems with the rep grinds, but aside from that it was very solid. Patches 5.1 and 5.2 were amazing, only 5.3 onward had a loss in quality and content, but SoO was a great raid and everyone wanted to off Garrosh. I remember the subscription charts back then. While MoP was not able to increase subs, it did keep people subbed longer, way more than Cataclysm or WoD were able to do.

MoP is my favorite expansion, but I started playing in Cataclysm, so I can't really rate WotLK against it. But questing/storytelling and even raiding seem more solid in MoP than WotLK for me.

I think most complains about MoP come from: (1) People not liking the theme/pandas; (2) The 5.0 rep grinds, which were fixed two months later when 5.1 came out; (3) The poor content 5.3 onward; or (4) being tired of the very long content drought having nothing to do but Timeless Isle.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    As usual, WotLk will win. Most of the people who are still playing started with it, so they don't realize how terrible it was, because they don't know how much of a step in the wrong direction it was.
    Exactly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    As usual, WotLk will win. Most of the people who are still playing started with it, so they don't realize how terrible it was, because they don't know how much of a step in the wrong direction it was.
    So true..

Everyone I know, who started in Vanilla or TBC (including myself) hated WotLK, for how bad it was.

Heirlooms, achievements and Ulduar was the only good things in WotLK. Everything else was crap.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    So true..

Everyone I know, who started in Vanilla or TBC (including myself) hated WotLK, for how bad it was.

Heirlooms, achievements and Ulduar was the only good things in WotLK. Everything else was crap.
    Well of course it is going to be hard to convince people to like TBC if they have never played it, but it IS telling that it is in fourth place. Out of seven. Doesn't really sound all that good.

Personally I think Cata was the major step in the wrong direction. MoP salvaged it mostly but people were sceptical because pandas and asian asthetics and stuff.

WoD was another major step into hell and WoW is just doing an agonizing swan song ever since.

Yep, poll looks exactly as I guessed it would.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing beats Ulduar.....

For that simple reason WoTLK was the best.

I loved TBC more though for the gameplay itself.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

I played vanilla and BC, Wrath is still my favorite expansion. Honestly, I hated BC. Unlike vanilla, I've never understood the love people seem to have for it. The only good thing to come out of it were the new races.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    22 people need to reevaluate their life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla was definitely not the best period of WoW. Everything was grindy, IMBA as hell and buggy as hell. People have the opinion (which they are of course, entitled to) that it was amazing because it was NEW, it was new to them so everything; from the grass, to the combat to the classes were awesome. 60% of the game was being exploited hard, and unless you were on a few of the forums dedicated to exploiting this, you had no idea it was happening to the extent it was.

Sorry, I get salty sometimes.

WOTLK is where I had my best memories so far. So that's pretty much what I go with when asked about the best expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

So true..

I started in Vanilla and WotLK was my favorite. Though I am looking forward to Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slowside View Post
    I started in Vanilla and WotLK was my favorite. Though I am looking forward to Classic.
    Do I know you?

I did write "Everyone I know"....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    Burning Crusade or WOTLK in my opinion. BC mainly because flying was available way faster, and raids were simple and fun.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Best to worst. WotLK > Legion > Mop > Vanilla > Cata > WoD > tBC