• Mists of Pandaria (MoP)

344 26.10%
  • Warlords of Draenor (WoD)

22 1.67%
  • Legion

248 18.82%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Definitely MoP! Gotta love all the immature idiots who missed out because LoLPandas.

Wrath was a very BIG expansion, huge zones, large raids, lots of players, but many aspects of it were lackluster. I think TBC was the better expansion among the first three. For a great fan of Warcraft III, the most glaring issue with Wrath was its failure to spark my RTS nostalgia, in spite of featuring the most prominent character from those games. It's like they designed everything without ever looking back. Pandaria succeeded on the nostalgia front even though it was an entirely new continent with a ton of new lore, so it gets major props.

Legion is a very successful expansion in that it keeps people playing more, but a lot of that is due to content gating and longer grinds, which is not so great. It's still a pretty decent expansion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ended up voting wotlk, but damn it was so hard to choose between TBC, wotlk and MoP <3 So many amazing times through all 3 expacs

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Out of curiosity, what are you talking about? How did either of them end on high notes? TBC ended with a raid with the lowest participation rate ever I believe, and WotLK ended with a 12-month gap in content, by FAR the longest ever at the time, both of which created a massive amount of complaints. Not sure what these "high notes" are that you're referring to..?
    Off the top of my head:

Wrath - Killing the Lich King after years of build up, LFG, 3 new dungeons, ICC which was easily accessible to everyone (first time high end raid was)

BC - Sunwell, Magister terrace, Sunwell Island dailies and unlocks, ability to get really good gear for badges (big deal at the time)

All well received by most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    Actually, there were really only a few complaints of wotlk at the time. ICC was around forever, and TotC sucked. Otherwise it was very well received. I didn't vote for it here I went with mop as the classes were never better overall than they were then.
    There was massive complains..
    - ICC had one good fight (HC LK, which very few experienced), and over 12 months is the longest end tier raid not history
    - ToC is self explanatory
    - Argent Tournament
    - Dungeons was baaaaad and easy
    - Levelling zones sucked
    - All armor was shit brown
    - Raid gated behind PvP
    - Naxx rehash was a joke, Malygos was only tolerated because of Mount drops.

Not even WoD received so much negative criticism during "current content" as WotLK did..
    People was really really angry...

Remember, WotLK was the expansion that broke the increase in player base, established in Vanilla and continued in TBC.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2018-05-05 at 09:08 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by lolgubstep View Post
    Surprised to see Mists up there... I quit that entire expansion, hated everything about it.
    Yet it was an amazing expansion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Crusade > Legion > Wrath > Warlords / Cataclysm

Didn't really play MoP until near end of expansion so cannot really place it, the pvp at least was good. Cataclysm made me quit for the first time but its still on par with Warlords which I didn't put a lot of time into.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised to see Mists up there... I quit that entire expansion, hated everything about it.
    I quit for most of it too, only things good were dino mounts and green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    TBC - everything was blocked behind attunements and older content progression. I suppose someone who had established guild doing the current content liked TBC, but for other people it was a massive cockblock. Also flying had split options - many people liked it, many people hated it (death of wPvP).
    This is why TBC is my fav. It makes you work towards something you want and don't shower you with stuff.

I want TBC attunements back. I don't want to just walk into a dungeon or raid. Kills the excitement.

Deleted
    For me it was Cata
    I really enjoyed the return of difficult heroics in the beginning, where for the fist time since BC (and for the last time in wow if I remember correctly..) you actually had to use CC for mobs just like old times and you could easily wipe. I also like the theme of the expansion, Deathwing and cultists are by far my favorite from all the xpacks. The old zones redesign was just amazing, sadly a lot of people miss that huge point of this expansion because they simply dont care. I doubt Cata would score the least favorite if more people were into questing. Funny though, when allied races were released a lot of people had to level in the old zones and now they are very surprised at how good these locations actually are, these quests that have been there for 8 years and people discover them just now.

MoP had great (imo) class design though and the raids were solid. Thats pretty much all I care about. I probably had more fun in Wrath but that was due to the friends I played with and the time I had to put into the game. MoP was probably a better expansion though.

Class design, raiding and pvp was fine in MoP. I also really liked reforging. The whole theme really ruined the expansion though. The brewery? Ook you in the dooker? Yeah no thanks.

So I voted for WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    The people voting for MoP and Legion make me sick.
    They have no idea that WoW now is 25% of what it used to be back then. But to each their own I guess. :/
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Ill go least favorite to favorite

6. WoD, while i loved the leveling and quests thats about it. Shadowmoon is one of my fav zones but i rly hated that i had to spend all my time in darkness in my garrison. While the story was good, how it fits into overall wow lore still irks me. Tanaan was just shiet. Raids were cool but that was pretty much it after lvl cap for me.

5. Cataclysm. Love Uldum but dont care much about the other zones. I liked the new old world at first but at this point its been broken for too long, tho it gave us some rly fun lvling zones like stonetalon.i only liked one raid, firelands. Unlike most ppl who cry "wow too casual" while never clearing mythic i dont mind having lfr. By far the best part of cata when it came oit were the dungeons (but only with guildies ... or if u got lucky through grp finder ) but what i hated the most was new orgrimmar, this is when i swapped horde for the alliance

4. TBC. This is when i started playing wow. The thing is, i never liked outland aside from nagrand. Ppl say catc up mechanics and welfare epics was the wrong way to go but i hated in tbc when me and my friends progress was scattered aceoss so many raids, some stuck at kara, some of us somewhere in the middle and a couple on sunwell, imwould have preferred progressing together. I didnt play at launch but even so going to outland was something I highly anticipated so my going through the dark portal moment was still awesome.

3. MoP. Ppl cry pandas all the time but i dont mind them. I love the monk, i think its a wonderful class. It has some of my favorite zones in the game with the knly one i dialike being the dread wastes and Kun'Lai being one of my favorite zones of all time. I loved most of the raids but disliked the idea of garroah as the ladt boss. It had some of the best story we got in wow. It had incredible music, incredible art but fairly lackluster dungeons and inhated the dailies at the start of the xpansion.

I have the last 2 xpansions tied at no. 1, WOTLK and Legion. About half anyear ago i would have said wrath, no contest, but ive actually since though of hiw much fun i had in legion and it can easily compare to wotlk. WOTLK still has my favorite zone in Storm Peaks, I also love pretty much all other zones from howling fjord to borean, except zul drak, i fkin hate zul drak except the top most part of the zone. Wotlk also has my favorite raid in Ulduar (also val anyr was my only "hard to get" legendary so it has a special spot in my heart :P), also loved ICC. It had okay dungeons and added some rly good ones later on. I also loved the music. Similar things could be said about Legion, I loved highmountain and stormheim, suramar for its first playthrough (hated world qs there and runs on alts), i enjoyed the val sharah story and 2 zones on argus. I hate the legion parts of azsuna and suramar, i hate the broken ahore and the antoran wastes. I liked the raids for the most part and was anhuge fan of m+. The music was also fantastic and i loved the titan stories. I rly like the artifact idea but disliked the ap grind. I think the world quests are great and i love the 7.3.5 changes to leveling. I also like the legendaries other than how they are acquired.

For me it's WoTLK>BC>Legion>Vanilla>Cataclysm>MoP>WoD

Every iteration of the game has had complaints and a vocal section of the community complaining. When it comes to content, presentation, execution and delivery, WoTLK and BC really stand out from the rest. BC-Wrath was the golden age of WOW and Cataclysm is where it all started to go down hill. Legion was a step in the right direction though, so hopefully BfA can also be a step further. Unfortunately, BfA is looking pretty bad and feedback from the alpha/beta has been underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Okatan View Post
    This is why TBC is my fav. It makes you work towards something you want and don't shower you with stuff.

I want TBC attunements back. I don't want to just walk into a dungeon or raid. Kills the excitement.
    There is a reason its that way. What people like changed. The game doesnt gather many new players regulary, and most of the ones playing are adults who dont have that much free time as they used to during TBC.

You might not like it, but this is how it is. Ultimately, Blizzard wants to design a game for millions, not thousands. If more people understood it, there would be much, much less daily complaining on this forum.

By Nostalgia - Wrath
    By common sense - Legion.

Legion is just so far superior in every aspect to any previous expansion it's crazy.

As for MOP, it was mostly hated by the "ewww kung fu pandas im outt of here" kids. Otherwise it was a pretty solid expansion with lots of great things in it

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my top 3 in no real order is: Mists of Pandaria, Legion and Wrath of the Lich King.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I should probably hold on to my lengthier posts, considering these threads pop up so very often. In short I'd rank them from best to worst (excluding vanilla and BFA):

1. Wrath of the Lich King (9/10)
    2. The Burning Crusade (8.5/10)
    3. Legion (7.5/10)
    4. Mists of Pandaria (7/10)
    5. Warlords of Draenor (4.5/10)
    6. Cataclysm (4/10)

WotLK could've had a perfect 10/10 if the first tier had a more difficulty setting for both dungeons and raids, or if it had the Azjol-Nerub zone. I don't mind Naxx and ToC as much as Naxx is just an entry raid that people never saw during vanilla and ToC was a filler for people to catch up to prepare for ICC. I guess WoD and Cata are interchangeable but Cata left a more sour taste in my mouth for destroying the old world. At least WoD had a better continent, questing and updated player models.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    The people voting for MoP and Legion make me sick.
    MOP had fantastic raiding, possibly my favorite overall package of raids ever. The only baffling option up there is WOD, which had one fantastic raid tier and nothing else impressive going on, which after MOPs raid package was a pretty lackluster offering.

Would still probably go for either vanilla or TBC as being my favorite, though WOTLK and Cata had my favorite class design, then MOP had great raids but my class was revamped into a state I've hated ever since.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2018-05-05 at 11:30 AM.

Voted MoP because of class design, raids and the story