Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    After Blizz made Sylvanas Warchief, it became clear that it can be literally anyone, no matter how little sense it makes. I doubt that she would be gone any time soon, but if she is, then I’m even more scared of who would take her place.

With her dying breath, Sylvanas appoints Gallywix, who then sells the Horde to the Alliance, and ends the faction war once and for all. Statues of Sylvanas are erected in every race's capital for her wise decision that brought an era of peace to Azeroth unlike any that had been known before.

The time for Lor'themar draws near!

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopeful Rexxar so that he can bring this broken horde back together again.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Gamon will save us

With the edgelords the Sylvanas tends to attract? Probably Dreven and his sparkly vampire elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    With the edgelords the Sylvanas tends to attract? Probably Dreven and his sparkly vampire elves.
    So... still no high elves for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So... still no high elves for you?
    Homeboy, I don't play elves. I have a hard enough time keeping a straight face when talking about void elves. I can't even with the Twilight Elves.

Oh, they should make a clan of worgen elves to fight with the vampire elves.

World of Warcraft: Elven Twilight

All that I know is that Sylvanas or Nathanos have to leave the Horde to train the Dark Ranger Hero Class (which is next in line).

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    All that I know is that Sylvanas or Nathanos have to leave the Horde to train the Dark Ranger Hero Class (which is next in line).
    Dark Rangers? Oh dear, that will be even more cringe.

Vampire Elf Dark Rangers. Void Elf Dark Ranger. Nightborne Dark Ranger. Yikes...I wonder what their specs would be called?

"I play a Despair-spec Vampire Elf Dark Ranger!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually think Rexxar would make a great Warchief. Someone who is not tied too or hunger for political power and only wants whats best for the Horde

Dark Rangers? Oh dear, that will be even more cringe.

Vampire Elf Dark Rangers. Void Elf Dark Ranger. Nightborne Dark Ranger. Yikes...I wonder what their specs would be called?

"I play a Despair-spec Vampire Elf Dark Ranger!"
    Well Dark Rangers have stealth, I would assume an Assassination style spec with its own flair, they also use lots of shadow magic so a Shadow magic ranged spec and they have the ability to summon skeletons for a short time and all kinds of life steal and siphoning abilities so a healing spec where you damage to heal with health link spells.

Well Dark Rangers have stealth, I would assume an Assassination style spec with its own flair, they also use lots of shadow magic so a Shadow magic ranged spec and they have the ability to summon skeletons for a short time and all kinds of life steal and siphoning abilities so a healing spec where you damage to heal with health link spells.
    dark rangers are literally just hunters that can use death magic because they are undead (which is why the hunter class hall is full of them). at most they could be a hunter spec.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    So basically dark rangers in your mind are sin rogues, MM hunters and disc priests combined? Feels like that class would take away from 3 existing classes. We ain't getting dark rangers
    Demon hunters took everything from demology warlocks, never say never.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom Hellscream, oh how that is a wet dream of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    So basically dark rangers in your mind are sin rogues, MM hunters and disc priests combined? Feels like that class would take away from 3 existing classes. We ain't getting dark rangers
    Well, they don't really need 3 specs, they could just be pure DPS which has not been done with a hero class.

Saurfang will be warchief. It's obvious they are pushing for this. And IMO he will be the best warchief the Horde has ever had; I just hope the musical chairs game for warchief ends with him.

Likewise, I hope they abandon the high king nonsense with the Alliance. Even if he is called 'High King', I hope they don't treat him as sole military commander of the Alliance in the same regard as warchief. It's okay for the factions to be different; it's ideal, even... but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Saurfang will be warchief. It's obvious they are pushing for this. And IMO he will be the best warchief the Horde has ever had; I just hope the musical chairs game for warchief ends with him.
    Saurfang would be a good choice. I might be able to take the Horde seriously again.

Well, they don't really need 3 specs, they could just be pure DPS which has not been done with a hero class.
    Adding a pure DPS hero class is literally one of the worst decisions Blizzard could make for the game. It's up there with giving Alliance high elves; at least in the former, the impact would eventually fade after the expansion was over.

When you make a hero class able to tank and/or heal, you make it so the masses of players swarming the new class can contribute in a way that doesn't just massively clog up the DPS queues. As was the case with death knight and demon hunter; even though they could tank, DPS queues suffered and healer queues were faster than ever.

That said, dark ranger as a concept could potentially work, but it would need some heavy adjustment so that it's not just themed exclusively around Sylvanas; in a perfect world, it would also need an ability to tank or heal, and neither seems viable. I'm of the opinion the class should never exist, but in theory, it could, so don't take my post the wrong way.

- - - Updated - - -

Saurfang would be a good choice. I might be able to take the Horde seriously again.
    Naturally, I'm of the same opinion. Saurfang is extremely honorable, very wise for an orc, and is even diplomatic. He is not the type of warchief to put up with bullshit, however, and will defend his people from any threat without hesitation. He actually embodies everything that the (new) orcish Horde stands for, and has lived through all of the changes the Horde has survived through.

Previously Blizzard said he was 'too old', but that was fairly bad reasoning, anyways. It seems that blizzard has acknowledged that as well. But hey, I could be wrong... I hope I'm not, because Saurfang is realistically the last good orc hero that could be warchief and end this nasty 'warchief of the year' cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    Grom Hellscream, oh how that is a wet dream of mine.
    Grommash Hellscream is warchief. Just not warchief of Azeroth's Horde; he is warchief of the ridiculously convoluted AU timeline. Fortunately, the odds of him crossing into Azeroth are extremely low... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Adding a pure DPS hero class is literally one of the worst decisions Blizzard could make for the game. It's up there with giving Alliance high elves; at least in the former, the impact would eventually fade after the expansion was over.

When you make a hero class able to tank and/or heal, you make it so the masses of players swarming the new class can contribute in a way that doesn't just massively clog up the DPS queues. As was the case with death knight and demon hunter; even though they could tank, DPS queues suffered and healer queues were faster than ever.

That said, dark ranger as a concept could potentially work, but it would need some heavy adjustment so that it's not just themed exclusively around Sylvanas; in a perfect world, it would also need an ability to tank or heal, and neither seems viable. I'm of the opinion the class should never exist, but in theory, it could, so don't take my post the wrong way.
    I hear what you are saying for sure, I agree it should have Tank or Heal, but for the Dark Ranger itself I think it would lean towards a healing spec by siphoning health from enemies and sacrificing your own health to heal allies kind of like Paladin but more extreme.