Why warriors had come to be this bad?

I have my warrior since vanilla and was always my main until Legion, wich i had played with a DH.

I have a 110 shaman, monk, warlock, and pally and man, poor warriors. I just play ocassional pvp right now and with the warrior is nothing but a sad experience. Theres no way i can survive as my others chars and my dps is ok, but nothing compared to a DH or Pally. Man poor, poor, poor, warriors.

So, what are you experience when it comes to casual random bgs? Its sad just like mine or i am doing something wrong?
    Mi blog personal: HotJoint

I think warrior works better than DH in pvp , to me the DH is too squishy

10+ Year Old Account
    I wreck people. I don't know what you're doing, but you can't just run into a group of people and expect to live. I'm going to assume you're arms and if so, I hope you picked up defensive stance. It's absolutely necessary for bg's as people will typically focus the warrior who blatantly charges into a group. I never take defensive stance down unless I'm zerging a flag carrier or no one is bothering to focus me. On top of that I reserve my heroic leap for defensive get away and NEVER to chase someone down.

It all comes down to each individual person. I crap on people in bg's on my warrior and never have an issue with getting shut down. I'd have to watch you play and look at your reactions/bindings. Also don't forget PvP is a garbage shoot right now, so don't expect your class to play like every other class, especially really strong ret paladins.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Warriors are technically fine atm as long as you have awareness and don't instantly charge into a group of 5 with no healer as others have mentioned. There is no arguing however that certain other melee specs will fare better in solo random bg queues. Retardins, DHs and Frost DKs will flat out dominate comparatively speaking due to their toolkit, cleave potential and not being as reliant on heals.

I personally love my frost mage and yet run into issues in BGs for the same reasons. I could be completely shit faced drunk and just swap to my marks hunter or aff lock and still bring far more to the table generally speaking.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 2018-05-05 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Warriors are technically fine atm as long as you have awareness and don't instantly charge into a group of 5 with no healer as others have mentioned. There is no arguing however that certain other melee specs will fare better in solo random bg queues. Retardins, DHs and Frost DKs will flat out dominate comparatively speaking due to their toolkit, cleave potential and not being as reliant on heals.
    I really don't get how you can say a class is fine as long as they have an healer following them... gosh, every class, even one without any kind of defensive would be ok with an healer. The issue is when a dps don't need a healer at all because they can just rotate their 3-4 heals/immunity CD while still doing the same damage as an other class with 1 shitty damage reduction CD.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    I really don't get how you can say a class is fine as long as they have an healer following them... gosh, every class, even one without any kind of defensive would be ok with an healer. The issue is when a dps don't need a healer at all because they can just rotate their 3-4 heals/immunity CD while still doing the same damage as an other class with 1 shitty damage reduction CD.
    You took the man out of context. He said that warriors are fine atm as long they are not stupid and run into a meat grinder without a healer... Any class, even a DK would die if he/she does that...
    Last edited by Gulamarth; 2018-05-18 at 02:23 PM.

I hate new protection (Legion/BFA). Giving new "shield barrier" aka Ignore Pain and making it main mitigation tool is sucks. I miss WoD protection

I can only speak for Arms, but I feel like warriors do ok in casual random bg's. It can be discouraging, but you should accept the fact that there will be times when you die and there's not much you can do about it. You can't really expect to go wrecking ball on every bg, and you can't really hide behind a tree and turret or sneak around and pick your battles. There are situational strengths and weaknesses, but there have been times where warriors were in much worse shape.

Looking forward, you may want to brace yourself because in my experience warriors are at their weakest during the pre-expansion windows when always seems like all the other classes get cool new toys and warriors are gimped and have to wait to grow into things. In the pre-patch for TBC all the druids were jumping around dpsing everyone down in bearform while warriors were struggling to survive. Similar was the situation with warlocks' felguard pet (see: Felguard Poem).

To play warrior (as I'm sure you know) you need to be aggressive, determined, and perseverant to the point of stubbornness. Any death or defeat should only serve to fuel your rage and make you that much more relentless when you finally hit your target.

Best days were probably with Shadowmourne in WOTLK, never really PVPed much after that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I hope you picked up defensive stance. It's absolutely necessary for bg's as people will typically focus the warrior who blatantly charges into a group.
    Defensive stance sucks for BGs after nerf: you do 20% less dmg not just 10% in instanced PvP and that really destroy our pressure. If i want to play a tough guy with low dmg i would pick up Protection spec. For random BGs the best choice is Second Wind: you don't need to drink after every fight, which means you can help your group mates faster and many times your opponents just leave you and they focus on other target, that way you get free SW during fight. So many times i can heal to full health when there is 5 vs 5 or 10 vs 10 fights going on.
    Just stay away from defensive stance and you will destroy people with Arms, or take defensive stance and became useless. Maybe you can carry a flag for a while and that's it about DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstars View Post
    I hate new protection (Legion/BFA). Giving new "shield barrier" aka Ignore Pain and making it main mitigation tool is sucks. I miss WoD protection
    Woah woah don't group bfa's protection with legion, it's nothing alike.

run with a disc priest or rest druid and profit.